What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (45 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes, I was wondering about potential interference and noise from other sources. Is that what you mean by “works best” direct to battery?

Yes. Running direct to a battery or running through a switch pro or similar to aux battery is good also. Running through the ignition powered connection you can get interference.

2C7167F4-5650-4FFE-BDE6-8E3EC5B477AA.jpeg
06AED7A1-9F16-41D6-8EF5-09690B61EFAF.jpeg
EE15B1BF-73AA-4A16-8640-0905F76F6242.jpeg

11709A69-CCDF-46FE-B001-208DF9942F12.jpeg

Did you drop the headliner & interior panels because some of those little nuts dropped down during roof rack install? Looks like a PITA.

Did you drop the headliner & interior panels because some of those little nuts dropped down during roof rack install? Looks like a PITA.
The 2016+ LX have a different rack system that requires dropping headliner to remove.

Guess I need to change my user name, bought a new to me LX570! Quickly upgraded to LED interior lights, added WeatherTech mats and bought a center console shelf. Next up are LED fog lights and then just drive and enjoy.

E64453C9-CBEC-4CD2-A678-4B2D473590CA.jpeg
99580969-6AFF-43C8-A927-F6673806B30B.jpeg
F1D20E09-7348-4510-943D-BFF7EC02C27C.jpeg
820375C1-3C15-47AA-941D-F87ECC78A99B.jpeg

I finally got around to adding an extra cell phone mount.
I got the idea from this forum IIRC. Many thanks!
It works really well so far - not too much wiggling or vibration.

Here's what I did:
  • Obtained threaded rod - cut to suit
  • Used locking nut to lock the rod to the pillar inside the trim cap
  • Drilled the center of trim cap on a 45 deg upward angle so the threaded rod comes out at the right angle and the cap snaps back on tightly.
  • Used regular nut - for below the ball and on top of the trim cap
  • Screwed thee ball down to the regular nut
    • I used red loctite on the ball threads as it kept loosening up.
RAM hardware - B size:
  • RAM Ball Adapter with #10-24 Threaded Hole RAM-B-260U
  • RAM Double Socket Arm MED RAM-B-201U
  • RAM Double Ball Adapter RAM-B-230U
  • RAM Double Socket Arm LONG RAM-B-201U-C
  • RAM Quick-Grip™ XL Phone Holder with Ball RAM-HOL-PD4-238AU

LC200 A PILLAR RAM MOUNT.jpg

I finally got around to adding an extra cell phone mount.
I got the idea from this forum IIRC. Many thanks!
It works really well so far - not too much wiggling or vibration.

Here's what I did:
  • Obtained threaded rod - cut to suit
  • Used locking nut to lock the rod to the pillar inside the trim cap
  • Drilled the center of trim cap on a 45 deg upward angle so the threaded rod comes out at the right angle and the cap snaps back on tightly.
  • Used regular nut - for below the ball and on top of the trim cap
  • Screwed thee ball down to the regular nut
    • I used red loctite on the ball threads as it kept loosening up.
RAM hardware - B size:
  • RAM Ball Adapter with #10-24 Threaded Hole RAM-B-260U
  • RAM Double Socket Arm MED RAM-B-201U
  • RAM Double Ball Adapter RAM-B-230U
  • RAM Double Socket Arm LONG RAM-B-201U-C
  • RAM Quick-Grip™ XL Phone Holder with Ball RAM-HOL-PD4-238AU

View attachment 3014717
That phone mount will go right into your passengers face if that airbag deploys.

That phone mount will go right into your passengers face if that airbag deploys.
Yikes. OK. Off it comes. I can use the ram mounts in another car with a console soda can base. Thanks for the education!!!

Replaced the Idler pulley and Tensioner assembly. This is the third tensioner, averaging 30k each.

Make sure your valve caps have a gasket in them and they fit waterproof. I had mine installed like that and a leaky cap filled with water and corroded the valve stem.
I routed mine up into the gas refill area following the fuel tank fill stem. Harm free area and don’t need to bend over to fill…

Enhanced the vacant space on my LFD load bars. Added eezi awn alu box quick release pints and two 42L alu boxes. The quick release and lockable ability of these mounts is awesome. The mounts stay on and the boxes come off before I roll into the garage. Just enough clearnce. The mounts sit about 2in above the bars at their highest point. For trips I can just leave the boxes loaded in garage with recovery gear and just pull out of garage put boxes and max trax on their respective mounts and away we go. With these two alu boxes and the max traxx I still have just enough room for hard side awning on passenger side. That will be the final piece. Keeps it light weight on the roof.

4A05DD8C-9937-468E-9EA7-3BF750BA3F2C.jpeg

127E8143-08A8-4227-B8CA-01B7C511B8D0.jpeg

B8100D1F-DB8D-4A4B-9682-E4F87673FB4A.jpeg

I have had the truck for a little over two weeks now. Destroyed my OE running boards on our first trip out last weekend. This week…Slee sliders installed and an ARB drawer put in on the passenger side. Still have one third row seat usable and I think I’ll keep it that way. Also gave her a wash.

E4AC0A6C-A290-4156-9727-6DE97E9A6350.jpeg

3729C602-F1DD-4EC1-B44E-B1C4BAA748AE.jpeg

17A66143-9403-45EB-8CAC-86DCEDC2618C.jpeg

Very happy with it! It's been a great trailer. I should probably make a build thread some day to share more.

8GTbCkd.jpg

I've always been a trailer hater but now that my family wants to go camping more, we decided to try a lot of different options and settled on the opus. It gave us the space of a large ground tent, the amenities of a small RV, and the offroad-ability of a rooftop tent. It's really impressive how much space you get when it folds out - ceilings are around 8' in the middle, with two queen size (ish) mattresses.

OqQI5hM.jpg

Pros: It's pretty well-built and has held up to some decent offroad trails around Utah. With a dry weight around 3K lbs it tows really well with the LC, and decent with my Tacoma.

Plus 2x 20gal water tanks, a full kitchen + fridge, independent coil suspension, quality canvas tent.

WY3EyYd.jpg

There's enough space for storage inside that all I have to carry in the LC is tools, clothes/pillows etc.

Cons: However it is Chinese made and assembled in the US - as with all things made there, they're made as nicely as the company outsourcing to China wants to pay for - so I'd say for the important stuff like the frame, tanks, suspension etc. it's solid, but there are a few smaller things I'm watching - I already replaced the chinese junk tires with some KM3s. A lot of Australian users replace the shocks/springs with new ones, and some of the components like the propane valves, sink drain, water pumps all work "fine" but are cheap and will most likely be replaced. The stock mattresses weren't comfortable at all so we replaced those with Expeds.

Wiring, cabinetry, cushions etc. are all good and the construction of the trailer will hold up a lot better than most cardboard or whatever they're using in cheap American RVs

Zm6spgB.jpg

Finally I wouldn't get one of these for faster-paced overland trips. It takes a good hour+ to set up and tear down so this is more of a "set up and camp for 3 days" kinda deal. For trips where I'm going 100+ miles a day and camping somewhere new, I'm still using a ground tent and will most likely get a RTT soon.

CusN03r.jpg
Thanks for the real world feedback- cool machine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom