What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^^Right?!?! I'm pretty sure my parents made me wash their cars just because. $50 is serious cash to give a kid every week

Don’t mean to shift a third time, but slick top sure is looking good…
If I didn't need the storage space (my cargo area is typically full with a Newfie and a Golden Retriever), I might just leave it, as I have to agree - nice looking with a "naked roof"

New Icon Vector 5 and Michelin LT Defender LTX's, cargo light, Carhartt universal fit rear seat cover, and ARB drawers were added this month.

20220428_144053.jpg

20220417_210335.jpg

20220428_191912.jpg

20220428_191937.jpg

Mounted our 1UP roof racks on the Dissent roof rack… complete PITA for all the rear nuts, there’s gotta be a better way that I’m just not aware of. All that aside, bikes go up easy and aren’t going anywhere. However, switching up between activities requiring roof mounting is either going to bring me to religion or expand my already expansive swearing vocabulary.

76EB63AE-D802-4360-A6FC-A07C19170F9F.jpeg
4574831B-8DB7-42A8-ABEC-28F601897031.jpeg

Those drawers are super nice. Question I have thought about. Will one third row seat still
Work if you take out half of it?

Yes, that's how I have mine set up.

20210924_185856.jpg

Mounted our 1UP roof racks on the Dissent roof rack… complete PITA for all the rear nuts, there’s gotta be a better way that I’m just not aware of. All that aside, bikes go up easy and aren’t going anywhere. However, switching up between activities requiring roof mounting is either going to bring me to religion or expand my already expansive swearing vocabulary.

View attachment 2997019View attachment 2997020
Nice Woom bikes for your little ones!

How do you get the bikes up there, on a step ladder? I love my hitch rack, so easy to deal with

Artie that’s an awesome rig. I gotta say. Every time I look at your bumpers I want a pair! Lol. I don’t want the swing outs right now so thinking of just adding those later. How do you like the full front? What springs do you run on the rear? I currently have OME bp51 with the medium springs.

Nice Woom bikes for your little ones!
Some of the best pre-child delivery advice we got was to start them on balance bikes and these were the best option we found. Both our boys Skipped training wheels and were using pedals by 3.
How do you get the bikes up there, on a step ladder? I love my hitch rack, so easy to deal with
Yes, a small folding step ladder. We use the LC to tow our Conqueror and I have a small ladder for it that works great for the roof mounted bikes; plus, with the swing out real bumper the hitch mount is a no go.. If we aren’t camping and I bring bikes I’m using the hitch mount rack on my daily vehicle, it’s a million times easier, 100% agree.
Artie that’s an awesome rig. I gotta say. Every time I look at your bumpers I want a pair! Lol. I don’t want the swing outs right now so thinking of just adding those later. How do you like the full front? What springs do you run on the rear? I currently have OME bp51 with the medium springs.
Thanks! Full front is great! IMHO Dissent has the best looking bumpers available, they are both tough and functional. The downside is the loss of aero across the front which hits MPG’s, the upsides are all worth if for us since we don’t daily this vehicle. We’re running OME BP51 with 2722 springs. So far it’s been a great fit with the swing outs, ARB drawers, LRA 40 gallon, and towing with a 350lb tongue weight Conqueror… we have some helper bags for when we tow but I’m still dialing those in. With this setup and our packing when camping I think the bags aren’t totally necessary but nice to have. I’ve towed twice now and sag in the rear is about an inch with bags at 15psi. When unladen the springs still ride well but ‘unladen’ is still with stuff in drawers and fuel in the LRA.

Reactions: NTV
Nice Opus! How are you liking it?
Very happy with it! It's been a great trailer. I should probably make a build thread some day to share more.

8GTbCkd.jpg

I've always been a trailer hater but now that my family wants to go camping more, we decided to try a lot of different options and settled on the opus. It gave us the space of a large ground tent, the amenities of a small RV, and the offroad-ability of a rooftop tent. It's really impressive how much space you get when it folds out - ceilings are around 8' in the middle, with two queen size (ish) mattresses.

OqQI5hM.jpg

Pros: It's pretty well-built and has held up to some decent offroad trails around Utah. With a dry weight around 3K lbs it tows really well with the LC, and decent with my Tacoma.

Plus 2x 20gal water tanks, a full kitchen + fridge, independent coil suspension, quality canvas tent.

WY3EyYd.jpg

There's enough space for storage inside that all I have to carry in the LC is tools, clothes/pillows etc.

Cons: However it is Chinese made and assembled in the US - as with all things made there, they're made as nicely as the company outsourcing to China wants to pay for - so I'd say for the important stuff like the frame, tanks, suspension etc. it's solid, but there are a few smaller things I'm watching - I already replaced the chinese junk tires with some KM3s. A lot of Australian users replace the shocks/springs with new ones, and some of the components like the propane valves, sink drain, water pumps all work "fine" but are cheap and will most likely be replaced. The stock mattresses weren't comfortable at all so we replaced those with Expeds.

Wiring, cabinetry, cushions etc. are all good and the construction of the trailer will hold up a lot better than most cardboard or whatever they're using in cheap American RVs

Zm6spgB.jpg

Finally I wouldn't get one of these for faster-paced overland trips. It takes a good hour+ to set up and tear down so this is more of a "set up and camp for 3 days" kinda deal. For trips where I'm going 100+ miles a day and camping somewhere new, I'm still using a ground tent and will most likely get a RTT soon.

CusN03r.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom