What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Should be M6 fine thread. I would do the same as @ForrestGrump, stop at a decent hardware store and get some stainless bolts and washers, probably replace the bumpers while you're at it.
Ooh very nice !!

I'm a new 200 owner and I hope I'm not going too off topic with this question : what is the process to identify these parts ? (the cushions , screws)

What did you find on partsouq?

Swiss200 was asking about the hardware for his hatch. I bought new rubber hatch bumpers, hardware and a bunch of random small clips and fasteners.

Found some rusty screws that I'm trying to ID. Any input would be great!

I bet some stainless 6mmx1.0x15 would work to replace those for you. I keep an assortment of stainless 6 & 8mm in 10/15/20/25 lengths in my shop for replacing old bolts on my cruisers and Toys.

Partial chrome delete and Method MR701 with stock size BFG KO2
BACB152D-EBA4-458A-BFD9-284A11BB1211.jpeg

Cupholder replacement from BH3D; new floor mats (black Friday sale, finally got around to swapping them out); new Techstream cable (thanks to tip from ArnieC) - programmed Lexus credit card key (no more keys!) and TPMS sensors for the rock warriors (finally!)

IMG_4283.jpg

Ultragauge bracket was terrible and eventually broke - removed the ashtray and temporarily stuck it there with a bit of 3M mounting tape. ("This is only temporary, unless it works.")

Your shifter is 180 degrees off.

(or maybe mine is, lol).

Your shifter is 180 degrees off.

(or maybe mine is, lol).

No, you're correct. Wood goes to the rear. No reason to have pretty faux wood if it was hidden. Plus the round part of the knob should be forward for grip.

Got the Weboost installed this weekend. Ran the coax down the back and then inside from under the truck. We didn't hard mount the extender just yet because my wife, *GASP*, wants to get a drawer setup in the back. Anyway, here are some photots. Also, the truck is still dirty from our Padre Island trip, so don't beat me up too much about that.

IMG_20200208_153354.jpg
IMG_20200208_153409.jpg
IMG_20200208_153441.jpg

Took care of a few small projects and started a big one...

First, I painted my old ugly Orage/Red/Pink knock-off MaxTrax. Went with a heavy primer made for plastic. If I ever use them again I'm sure they will need touch-up, but that's no big deal.

60288853018__1BA39469-CB4C-4A37-B2D2-CC664F44031A.jpeg

Next up was mounting the fire extinguisher. The mount is just secured with zip-ties at the moment while I determine if I like it in that spot....

60289554346__96C4F8A9-AF3D-48F3-A97F-3710298CBA65.jpeg

Just before that I started my big electrical project by installing the 4-Gang 12V panel in the wing face netting me a USB-A QC 3.0, USB-C, Volt Meter and standard 12V outlet right where I need them. I haven't started running power yet as I need to map out my battery situation and Redarc charger/distribution block which will go on the forward face of the drawers. Will also do another gang of ports on the other side with Anderson Plugs for Solar, and an AC socket or two extended from a high-power inverter.

IMG_0585.jpeg

Installed the Mirror-Tap earlier this week...

IMG_0594.jpeg

...and the best for last... FINALLY got around to taking my Technician exam...

IMG_0596.jpeg

ARB skids should be here next week and BudBuilt Rock Sliders ordered a couple weeks ago and hopefully here before Cruise Moab. Progress!

Also, the truck is still dirty from our Padre Island trip, so don't beat me up too much about that.
N or S Padre? If you got to mustang island, what kind of shape was it in?

Resealed the heat exchanger in the valley of our engine. By the looks of it, it had been leaking very slowly for a very long time. A few weeks back I noticed a super glue type smell coming from my vents, that is when it really started leaking. I just had it at Boulder Toyota about a week before that and there was no visual leaks along the rear of the engine. The big leak happened quick, but I think this was a big design flaw.... And can anyone confirm if the 1282B sealant is a new version of what they originally used? Here are some pics. First is what I was able to use to visually determine as a coolant leak.. Then took the passenger tire off and followed the leak up to the heat exchanger. I bought this rig with 189K almost a year ago here on Mud. I baselined everything, new toyota starter, radiator, fan clutch fluids etc.... HERE is a link to that work if interested. Thank goodness I have a Tech in the family who can work on all this or it would have been REALLY expensive.

IMG_2729.jpeg

4F3F10DE-0C4C-4588-B7AF-B70ED61D2361.jpeg

34842723-8234-4F73-9F4F-965E75787BE1.jpeg

D29D4B56-D4FD-412C-B670-46A5C3F03BA7.jpeg

N or S Padre? If you got to mustang island, what kind of shape was it in?

We were on North Padre. The beaches were actually in great shape, considering. We did see some trash that washes ashore, but it was minimal in my opinion. The weather was great, mid-60's to low 70's the entire week we were there. There was almost no fishing traffic and no one went further than us to camp.

We didn't stop at Mustang, but I believe it would be about the same as we experienced in PINS.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom