What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

8020 mod on stock roof rack, didn’t expect to need to fully remove the end caps but it worked out. Thinking about adding another couple of rails to fill in the space and make a more solid base for whatever. Next, a 30” slim sr series rigid midnight edition light bar will go on the front piece of 8020, just working out the details.
0D6A9971-FB52-4DC5-9D95-C77E54FB5040.jpeg

8020 mod on stock roof rack, didn’t expect to need to fully remove the end caps but it worked out. Thinking about adding another couple of rails to fill in the space and make a more solid base for whatever. Next, a 30” slim sr series rigid midnight edition light bar will go on the front piece of 8020, just working out the details. View attachment 2186518

Looks like the sheriff is checking on you.

Trail riding the bunny slopes at Windrock. The lack of sliders was my biggest concern. The Lx was fantastic!

View attachment 2186696
What’s the cost to enter the trails and did you find any water crossings? Just curious if it’s worth taking the family up for the day to do moderate to easy scenic trails as my wife isn’t a big off-roader fan but is more about the scenery. Any trail recommendations?

Waxed the LC myself for the first time. Used turtle wax ice hybrid. Easy to use and doesn’t stain the rubber or plastic. Was a little surprised how much rubbing it took to get the residue off But happy with the result.

Also installed smart tap turn signal relay. Not too bad an install. Removed lower and upper kick panels to see it. Not much clearance and left some skin and hand got stuck a couple times. It’s almost a blind install to just unplug the old relay. A headlamp would have helped a lot. Left the old relay in place and ziptied the new one out of the way. Cool upgrade. Lane change multiple blinks and strobe emergency flashers. Now I need to find a parade where I can use the strobe.

What’s the cost to enter the trails and did you find any water crossings? Just curious if it’s worth taking the family up for the day to do moderate to easy scenic trails as my wife isn’t a big off-roader fan but is more about the scenery. Any trail recommendations?

$28 per day. I was riding solo but I know they also charge for passengers. As for trail recommendation, I’m not the best resource. This was my first time at Windrock and I mostly followed our group. With you being closer, I’d recommend a scout run before you bring your wife.

$28 per day. I was riding solo but I know they also charge for passengers. As for trail recommendation, I’m not the best resource. This was my first time at Windrock and I mostly followed our group. With you being closer, I’d recommend a scout run before you bring your wife.
I’ll take the kids and scout as they love off-roading.

Finished a front leveling spacer install and a mild AHC sensor lift. Testing...

1579496327660.png

Some fairly minor updates but its starting to feel like its mine...

Mounted up the Baofeng with some velcro. Eventually going to upgrade and do a professional install, but for now this is good enough for trail comms and monitoring HAM traffic.

View attachment 2135968

Added a new Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform (Part number 42104B 84"x56") with the Backbone system. Moved my Foxwing over from the Range Rover. Going to take some adjusting to figure out how to make it work with the rear fairing when opening and closing the rear hatch.

View attachment 2135969
Winch on standard bumper? More details please.

Winch on standard bumper? More details please.

It's the Trail-Tailor Hidden Winch Mount and it is quite robust.

Got oil in your spark plug tubes? Have you replaced your seals in the valve cover but there is still oil? I did.

It's where the tube is pressed into the block. The tubes cannot be bought outside of purchasing a new block, so if you damage one, it's gonna suck. But... I can fix this issue now! I'm pretty pumped if you can't tell. It's been bothering me for a long time ever since I starter heading about it on the Tundras. (I left being the ASE mechanic at a Toyota when I graduated college and went back into the Army, so the 5.7 wasn't out yet for me to have fun with it) I'm just happy that my 5.7 is 100% sealed, something that the factory failed to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom