What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well this week, Duggy's Garage in Houston handled upgrades as i worked to pay for it:

BP51 Lift with SPC UCA
Budbuilt Shock Armor protecting Rear Shocks
Slee Group 31 Battery Tray replacing factory
Odyssey Group 31 Battery
Switch Pro's Management System
2 x Front Runner 10" Flood Light (Left/Right Side)
2 x Front Runner 3" 1600 Lumens Spots on rear of rack
Light Kit in rear hatch
Rock Warriors Powder Coated back to Gun Metal
KO2's for new slippers
ARB Dual Compressor with Manifold
Switch Pro's Sunglass Panel Adapter for Mounting Control Pad in Sunglass holder (Thanks @Eric Sarjeant)
ARB Diff Breather Kit
3M Window Tint (Dark but Legal, Done prior to all the above work)

Parts inbound and left to be installed:
Budbuilt Rock Sliders
BajaDesign 40" ONX6 Dual Control Light Bar

HIGHLY Recommend Duggy's Garage (@duggy ). Tom is great to work with, and they do not pressure you into anything. Asked what my use would be and then laid out my options. They address any issues and they will always be my go to for this rig.

And de-chroming this weekend....if this rain stops!

71755053_147097610002609_1541847507584450384_n.jpg

74478462_2898114713555322_3169161053704725504_n.jpg

Last edited:
Boring but necessary baseline at 161k
Fluids refresh all around (trans, brake, ps, diffs - transfer case was done in a repair in the last 40k so that's done, coolant done with radiator and water pump also in last 30kish), filters (engine and cabin air), PCV, Spark plugs and an alignment. *Yawn*. Fluids never done in 160k, it was time.

@Markuson since you love tire pics
Exo Grapplers Mr. Slee has good taste
3D15FD72-0A98-45D8-9407-C44DC5E5A48D.jpeg

(Sorry it’s not a 200)

Well this week, Duggy's Garage in Houston handled upgrades as i worked to pay for it:

I coincidentally called Duggy's today to get an alignment after performing my AHC lift.

How much did they charge you for the compressor and install?
Also, do you know what those battery terminal extensions are called?

I coincidentally called Duggy's today to get an alignment after performing my AHC lift.

How much did they charge you for the compressor and install?
Also, do you know what those battery terminal extensions are called?
I assume you mean the battery terminals. Those are part of the battery management system to help reduce draining battery. The arb you are looking at about 800 to 900 for parts to include manifold, twin compressor, and slee bracket. If you have all the parts they will install it. If not, they can order it from Slee. I don't have invoice in front of me but o recall its about a 2 to 3 hour job. Hope that helps. Tom can give you all the details. Super easy to work with.

I’ve been looking for something like this to extend the factory cables...

B50670EB-84C2-449D-8C00-0DA2F559FB81.jpeg

Window trim looks great. Could they wrap the door handles and door bumper trim? I think it would look cool deleting that chrome too.
Window Tint, 30% tint on sides, back and sunroof, much darker on the back because of the tint over the privacy glass, 80% on windshield, chrome delete vinyl on window trim, and Snow Tires - 275/65/18

View attachment 2127654

View attachment 2127649

Window trim looks great. Could they wrap the door handles and door bumper trim? I think it would look cool deleting that chrome too.

Thanks, yes, they could chrome delete it all, it was kind of a last minute request, I took it in for the window tint and a clear bra repair of the pass side where I scraped it going into the garage. I saw they were doing a chrome delete on another car and thought I'd start out with just the window trim. I may take it back soon for the door handles and side trim

I’ve been looking for something like this to extend the factory cables...

View attachment 2127909

Call Slee Off-Road...
Those come with the tray, but I believe they are available separately
What did you use?

This.
Note that it is NOT just normal Simple Green.
Quite amazing stuff, actually. Not sure why...but stuff works. Spray bottle...& a lot of cloth rags...
8BFA36B5-F9BB-4AE8-964E-E0A544958948.jpeg

In other news...
:bang::bang::bang::bang:

Some random tech at Toyota service:

-Left my truck in DRIVE...
-Poked “Start” button...to turn off.
**When you do this, the power STAYS ON!!
-So...my dual batteries sat in an **ON STATE** FOR TWO FULL DAYS...and a night!

Result is...
Both of my perfectly functional batteries now register: “BATTERY DEFECT.”

UGH...

Well it sounds like some random tech owes you 2 new batteries? I hope the dealership comes thru for you. Hopefully that random tech wasn't working in your driveway?

In other news...

Result is...

UGH...
Ugh. That suuuuuucccckkkkssss.

In other news...

Result is...

UGH...

Well dayum.... that really sucks.

But now you have me wondering. The IBS system didn't know to isolate the batteries?

I'm gonna have to try this, I use the Blue Seas ML-ACR, which I am almost sure would unlatch and isolate the batteries. Yes, the starting battery would still be dead, but all I would have to do is bridge the ACL, truck should start on the accessory battery. Further testing later today...

But now you have me wondering. The IBS system didn't know to isolate the batteries?

I'm gonna have to try this, I use the Blue Seas ML-ACR, which I am almost sure would unlatch and isolate the batteries. Yes, the starting battery would still be dead, but all I would have to do is bridge the ACL, truck should start on the accessory battery. Further testing later today...
I think it would depend on what is running off the Aux battery if the ignition is left on. If you have things drawing from both batteries they could both end up drained. This is my thinking at the moment.

that does indeed suck 😩

that is a good point about the IBS, my understanding is that batteries are supposed to unlink when alternator charge is below x.xx Volts.

I think it would depend on what is running off the Aux battery if the ignition is left on. If you have things drawing from both batteries they could both end up drained. This is my thinking at the moment.

Whatever they did...(not entirely sure)...it was sitting there trying to run AC and any other stuff it does when the engine is running...BUT without the engine actually running.

Both batts automatically link in engine-on mode... Hard to know what they did...leaving it in drive...killing engine...then leaving electrical running as if fully on....bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom