What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This will probably sound stupid, but I figured I had to do front and back at the same time and never wanted to put the whole thing up on jack stands. This changes things. Much easier for a rank amateur like me.

It's not my daily so its still just sitting in the driveway. I don't see why it would matter... but I'll let some of the more knowledgeable guys here respond to whether they both need to be done at the same time or not.
This was my first time doing it. So some of the time I had before work was spent trying to figure out how to get the grease gun to work and get the tube in the correct way haha!

To sum it up quickly............. close to a 2000# weight variable in base platform between a Tacoma and Cruiser. A hybrid bumper on a 5800+ pound mallcrawler in perspective is more than likely a total loss in a collision. While being a "neat" look; the weight to strength ratio just isn't there.

There are lighter weight bumpers out there and most in a collision are damage multipliers.

If looks are all that matters...........well........ disregard my statements.

@Markuson @TonyP @Atwalz @indycole @Taco2Cruiser and several others here.. These guys would destroy a hybrid style bumper in about 10 minutes, not including the combined damage to the body, etc.

Just my .02
I agree completely, it's definitely nowhere near as tough.

Just considering it as an option for the overland/prerunner/casual off roading crowd who won't see much rock crawling where the bumper is coming into regular contact, but would benefit from better approach angles and light weight. For example @FlightMedic178 has a tube bumper front and rear for these same reaseons. And even for the many guys on this forum who do go wheeling with stock bumpers, this type of hybrid, low profile, aluminum, or tube bumper would be a perfect middle ground.

It's not my daily so its still just sitting in the driveway. I don't see why it would matter... but I'll let some of the more knowledgeable guys here respond to whether they both need to be done at the same time or not.
This was my first time doing it. So some of the time I had before work was spent trying to figure out how to get the grease gun to work and get the tube in the correct way haha!

Nope, front is easier to do when changing oil since the skids have to come off to get to the front zerks.

Reading between the lines here, and we might be discussing a front bull bar/guard option for a 2019 at some point. :cool:

BEAUTIFUL WORK!!

B,

@indycole is coming in late January for a TT redesign to the 16-2020 model. But we can get to yours while its here for a rear.............. HA!

J

Found an ok deal on eBay for an old laptop with a pretty recent version of techstream with cable. Came in today was able to make a few quick changes. Turned off the auto retract steering wheel and turned on window roll down from key fob.
F0DE8FAA-06CC-4CDF-B7DD-CD8A31626EEF.jpeg

1 month after the ARB bumper was installed on my wife's 200, a rock shattered one of the ARB fogs. The cheap bastard that I am, I decided to get the $41 Xprite 4" LED fog from Amazon and retrofit them into the housings from the ARB fogs. Some dremel work on the housing and some solder and heat shrinking in some tight spaces later, the wife is really liking the light output.
20191213_232059.jpg

Also added some brighter LED bulbs in the ARB turn signals. Have to figure out why the turns in the headlight units isnt working now. But the LEDs are much brighter.
20191213_233402.jpg

Installed Diode Dynamics' new 3inch pod lights in there flood beam pattern. Mounted them with CBI ditch light brackets, I don’t recommend these as they required quite a bit of dremeling to not rub on the cowl. Used an OEM style switch. First time doing any real wiring so it took awhile but I’m happy with the results!

7A021422-649F-42C9-BDB5-94E56D53734C.jpeg

56BB407D-2293-481E-9964-B97241E39D1B.jpeg

0A369395-0173-4B97-B40B-60D775A75934.jpeg

Not very exciting, but I installed front and rear cameras (Thinkware brand).

Added @Brendan's hatch light. Shipping took a while, but well worth the wait. Install took about 2 minutes. Would have taken 1, but I had to call my wife in because her hands were small enough to reach the factory plug. Brendan only had "sand" inserts so it wasn't an exact color match to the Lexus parchment, but close enough for me. If I get ambitious I'll swap it out with the factory insert.

Light1.jpg
Light2.jpg
Light3.jpg

Last edited:
Added @Brendan's hatch light. Shipping took a while, but well worth the wait. Install took about 2 minutes. Would have taken 1, but I had to call my wife in because she her hands were small enough to reach the factory plug. Brendan only had "sand" inserts so it wasn't an exact color match to the Lexus parchment, but close enough for me.

Will you please PM me with where to get one of these. Thanks, Brad

Added @Brendan's hatch light. Shipping took a while, but well worth the wait. Install took about 2 minutes. Would have taken 1, but I had to call my wife in because she her hands were small enough to reach the factory plug. Brendan only had "sand" inserts so it wasn't an exact color match to the Lexus parchment, but close enough for me. If I get ambitious I'll swap it out with the factory insert.

View attachment 2156753View attachment 2156754View attachment 2156755
WAIT!!!

An easy to install light for the rear hatch...

I totally missed out on this product...

Please provide some details...

Thank you...

WAIT!!!

An easy to install light for the rear hatch...

I totally missed out on this product...

Please provide some details...

Thank you...
SORRY!!! I found the old thread... I guess it's a NO GO for USA market Land Cruisers...

You have to run a wire. I ran mine from the rear dome light. You have to fish the wire thru the headliner. Since I’ve never dropped a headliner, I chickened out and paid my mechanic to run the wire. After that it was easy.

Once you have the wire, you can do something like this. I put two baja design dome lights, each with its own integral on/off switch. Since I had things apart, I also added the inside lock release. Quite bright with both lights on.

IMG_3261.jpeg
IMG_3260.jpeg
IMG_3264.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom