What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (151 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I learned the hard way that I need to pull the LC STRAIGHT into the garage. Cant cut the wheels at the last moment. Twice.

I've backed my gen 1 Tundra into my son's Ranger in a dark parking lot at midnight. Didn't even feel it and barely a scratch on the Tundra. Still, it all hurts when you're a car guy.

New wheels fitted. Need to crank up front preload a bit to level out the vehicle.
33/12.5/18 Nitto Ridge Grappler tyres with Spyder Caliber rims

cruiser.jpeg

Ouch, nothing like hitting your other vehicle. Double whammy.

Happily, I don’t think my LC will be any worse for the wear...

:hillbilly:

Actually think my temporary 200 vs. Outback fix went pretty well...

200 looked ugly in this BEFORE photo...
B3918C88-DB71-42CA-8ACD-B49C64552C2F.jpeg

Didn’t take much to clean it up to this...
D59EDA6D-183D-470A-B5F5-11030EFE963F.jpeg

Subaru Outback will get a new bumper...but meanwhile, I quickly turned this...
A0E1BA6B-49EB-44B9-BA99-661598645A82.jpeg

Into this...via my “zip-tie “stitches...”
64455A01-A8B6-4894-92CE-876E14860300.jpeg

Tadaaa! :hillbilly:

Last edited:
Ah. Rubbing compound. I know it well

Doh!!!!!

So After surviving rocks, drops, trees and obstacles unscathed...

...I did this in my own driveway last night...

:bang: :steer: DOH!!!
View attachment 2159969

Oh... and to save time...I thought I’d go ahead and screw up me wife’s Outback simultaneously... :hillbilly:

Oopsie...
View attachment 2159971

Now don’t y’all feel a little more Christmas cheer? :santa:
Sorry to hear that Mark!

But, if any consolation, I also hit a parked car the other day and will be applying my insurance payout towards a Slee rear ;) so not all bad in my case.

I swear those urban jungle obstacles are way more technical than anything rocky you might encounter!

Doh!!!!!

So After surviving rocks, drops, trees and obstacles unscathed...

...I did this in my own driveway last night...

:bang: :steer: DOH!!!
View attachment 2159969

Oh... and to save time...I thought I’d go ahead and screw up me wife’s Outback simultaneously... :hillbilly:

Oopsie...
View attachment 2159971

Now don’t y’all feel a little more Christmas cheer? :santa:
Welcome to the club of crash and smash your cars with your other cars... It a fun call to the insurance company, "Guess what two of your insured cars got smashed by one of your insured drivers... I swear we could have a driveway the size of an Air Force carrier deck and our cars would smash into other or garage doors walls... Too many times to think about painful...

The best one was, when I was sound asleep on a Saturday morning and my car was parked in the driveway after a late Friday night dinner with the wife and friends... Mrs. takes off for her Saturday morning shopping routine smashes into my parked car and it's my fault... (It wasn't in it's usual spot.)

Yes, at our house the driverless, empty parked cars attack the moving occupied by driver cars backing out of the garage...

Yes Married, And that's all I got to about that...

Cheers...

I like that! I also used RAM components to mount my Garmin Overlander GPS unit on the grab handle:

Overlander2_17DEC19_zpscbdx4ppj.jpg

Overlander1_17DEC19_zpsey4ibk19.jpg

Built-in Pitch and Roll, all the high end turn-by-turn nav directions of a dedicated drive GPS, built-in TOPO maps, ability to download other maps, lifetime free map updates, etc., etc.

Pitch and Roll FTW:

Overlander3_17DEC19_zpsbdgezwc5.jpg

HTH

$700 big one's oh my! I hope its worth it... will look into it.

Welcome to the club of crash and smash your cars with your other cars... It a fun call to the insurance company, "Guess what two of your insured cars got smashed by one of your insured drivers... I swear we could have a driveway the size of an Air Force carrier deck and our cars would smash into other or garage doors walls... Too many times to think about painful...

The best one was, when I was sound asleep on a Saturday morning and my car was parked in the driveway after a late Friday night dinner with the wife and friends... Mrs. takes off for her Saturday morning shopping routine smashes into my parked car and it's my fault... (It wasn't in it's usual spot.)

Yes, at our house the driverless, empty parked cars attack the moving occupied by driver cars backing out of the garage...

Yes Married, And that's all I got to about that...

Cheers...
The good news for my insurance company will be...I consider my 200 to be unscathed. So only *one* repair will be needed. :santa:

I also have photos of separate damage someone did to my front bumper some time back that I could have claimed, but fixed myself. So...I think they’ll be nice to me about it. I’ve had the same agent for 36 years, I my family’s agent was my agents dad before him. They’ve been good to me over many years...

Last edited:
The good news for my insurance company will be...I consider my 200 to be unscathed. So only *one* repair will be needed. :santa:

I also have photos of separate damage someone did to my front bumper some time back that I could have claimed, but fixed myself. So...I think they’ll be nice to me about it. I’ve had the same agent for 36 years, I my family’s agent was my agents dad before him. They’ve been good to me over many years...
Sure they will, Santa's coming and the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy aren't far behind? On a serious note though I'm sure that your longstanding relationship will play a large part in getting this resolved. Still think you will be doing the dishes for a while though. :hillbilly:

Sure they will, Santa's coming and the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy aren't far behind? On a serious note though I'm sure that your longstanding relationship will play a large part in getting this resolved. Still think you will be doing the dishes for a while though. :hillbilly:

Oh crap! I *already* do the dishes! :princess::deadhorse:

Frankly, she had already put a pretty good ding in that bumper...so I just finished the job proper like... :hillbilly: -<Ya...that’s it!

I built some ramps to make servicing a little easier. So far I have changed the F/R diff, transfer, engine, brake, power steering and AHC fluids.
wood ramps.jpg

During the thanksgiving sales, I treated my self to a new DA polisher and cleaning products. Last weekend I detailed and cleaned up the exterior. Polished the paint and removed most of the scratches. Finished by applying Ethos ceramic pro wax. It was really easy to apply and buff off. I think it will do a great job over the winter help me keep the car clean.

Foam party:
foam party.jpg

Before with trail pinstriping:
before scratches.jpg

After polish and ceramic wax. I also decided to remove the chrome accent molding from the doors:
after rear.jpg

after front.jpg

Ready for more scratches 🌲🚐🌲
Next project will be to hopefully wrap most of the chrome in matte gunmetal and find a tire dressing I like. Something that isn't shiny, doesn't attract dust or turn brown. Testing diluted carpro PERL now.

I just got 3M paint film put on the full hood, bumper, front fenders, mirrors and headlights.
Now I think I can actually drive it LOL.
Next up is a trailer brake controller.

After polish and ceramic wax. I also decided to remove the chrome accent molding from the doors:
Were there any pins to fill, or straight tape-on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom