What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (25 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Something silly! A GearAid ARC Rechargeable LED Light and Power Station. As much as I love the hardwired stuff, I wanted to buy something that could provide me with maximum versatility inside and outside the vehicle, plus be backup phone/whatever charger. The handle/prop of the light has a threaded provision for a Ram mount. So you're looking at the light mounted with a twist/lock suction cup connected to a short double socket arm. I'll likely hard mount a simple 1" ball mount in one of the oval areas at some point. I don't intend to keep the light mounted but rather stowed in the lower tailgate. Here I am goofing around with the setup.
View attachment 1938748
The nice thing about the suction mount is I can move it around any interior or exterior window. So sleeping the back, can put on a window closer to me. Also can mount outside on vehicle window or body to light up camp, etc.

Here's the light on it's warmest color setting and lowest brightness, it also has a cinch bag to diffuse light as well. The camera makes it appear slightly brighter (and cooler color temp) than it is due to sensor trying to capture light with such a sharp contrast. Also vehicle interior lights are on, ignore lights in front of 2nd row.

View attachment 1938760

ARC Rechargeable LED Light and Power Station
Purchased online from Dick's for $70 shipped.

Downsides? The biggest one is that the buttons to control the light are on the rear side of the light so if you have it mounted flush to something, you have to fiddle to get back there to turn on/off, change settings. So not as convenient as some of the folks National Luna, etc wired lights.

Thanks for sharing that! I was trying to figure out what could work for additional lighting in the rear. Don't want to mess about with trying to hard wire additional lighting, and was getting my self lost in thinking of complex solutions without having to wire anything.

DIY'ed transfer case oil change, power steering flush, brake flush, new oem rotors and pads. Next week the stealership is doing spark plugs, trans fluid, ahc fluid, and coolant.

This week...new tires, rotors, and pads all 4 corners, replaced brake fluid, power steering fluid, installed new radiator, cleaned and resealed leaking heat exchange gasket located under the intake manifold, flushed/replaced radiator fluid, thermostat, cap, and replaced water pump. After all that gave her a good clay and wax. Other than regular oil changes and brakes, this was the first “major service” after 175k miles 😁

Compressor/Slee bracket is in

4FE852ED-C31B-4204-AEB3-CA9506A66C2F.jpeg
97B77CDD-685F-4857-871D-4F8580B5F43B.jpeg

Curious what the various wires you’ve added on top of your fuse-box cover feed?

That’s the SwitchPro bracket with all switches pre-wired for accessories. Only four are occupied: left rack light, right rack light, dust light, and compressor. Switches 1,2,3, and 7 respectively.

That’s the SwitchPro bracket with all switches pre-wired for accessories. Only four are occupied: left rack light, right rack light, dust light, and compressor. Switches 1,2,3, and 7 respectively.

Ahhh... Thanks!

Replaced rear pads and rotors and threw velcro strips in to mount the handhelds and some lights for the rear cargo area. So much better than drilling as I'm still figuring out how I want everything mounted

20190331_131216.jpg

What did you use? Need to restore 1 of mine.

I used the Sylvania kit from amazon. The only thing I did different was used a Meguires power ball on the drill for the last step with rubbing compound. Mainly because my arms were toast at that point! But it did provide some added cutting action as well.

Finished with a coat of 303 Protectant. Will reapply at least monthly, if not after every wash

Hey Luke..that nudge bar looks really nice. where did you get and what brand is it..Toyota? thx

Hey Luke..that nudge bar looks really nice. where did you get and what brand is it..Toyota? thx

Installed my new-to-me RW wheels and new Hankook Dynapro MT tires, along with the spare tire carrier mod.

I used Mcgard lug nuts and new Denso TPMS sensors. The sensors appear to read 4 psi low relative to my Gage. The stock wheels with OEM sensors were pretty much right on.

If anyone needs a set of stock wheels, lugnuts and almost new hybrid all terrain tires, let me know.

IMAG0215.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom