What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (36 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No concerns at all with that much spacer? I was just about to pull the trigger on hubs but I’d much rather have the trailer track my width better!

Not on a trailer... however I will routinely check them for torque, as well as keeping up on bearing maintenance.

Not on a trailer... however I will routinely check them for torque, as well as keeping up on bearing maintenance.
Pretty happy with the XV-2? Any comments before I pull the trigger on a new one in the next day or two? I went and looked at one in person yesterday and one of the big wigs for Schutt that designed the XVenture line was there to demo it for me. Really an awesome build...

I installed a new radiator. Took a quick look on Youtube for a tutorial, didn't see anything. Registered on Lexusdrivers.com to see if they post service manuals. No luck. BUT as I reread my service records I noticed buried in the middle of an incredibly long and detailed set of notes from a basic inspection that my water pump and radiator hoses were replaced just 30,000 Miles ago. Sweet!!

Having struck out on finding a good how to guide I decided to jump right in and figure it out as I go. Hey, its just a radiator how hard can it be?? Turns out, not hard at all.

I did take a lot of photos as I went so I could write up a quick how to though for anyone else tackling the job. I'll try to write that up and post it this weekend.

33567678568_6864320175_k.jpg

32501985027_862908cc5b_k.jpg

My transmission fluid was inky black so doing a transmission flush is next up on the list. Was good to take a poke around under the hood. Water pump looks good no weeping (As I would hope being only 30k mile old), no sign of Cam Tower leakage, minor spots of surface rust but for 120k miles she's looking solid!

Last edited:
What have I done to my 200 this week? Nothing!
We went to install the supercharger that was sent by Harrop, and discovered that the intercooler doesn’t physically fit. Come to find out, they’ve never actually installed one of these on a US spec LX, though it’s sold as a direct bolt on.

So after several hours of measuring and pictures and back me forth with the guys at Harrop in Australia (which is difficult because of time zone difference), it was determined that they would source an intercooler for the Tundra, as the pictures of the Tundra intercooler from the install guide that they sent us indicated it would fit.

So after 4-5 days of back and forth, they supposedly had the right intercooler. The intercooler was shipped from LA to Portland OR, on Monday, using UPS ground (4 days!) and finally arrived Friday afternoon.

Unfortunately, the intercooler was not the one in the pdf that they were told would fit, and it does not and will not fit. And the joy is discovering that on a Friday afternoon, because someone was too cheap and unconcerned to ship the intercooler with any urgency. So now we’re back to waiting til Monday to make any progress, and the LX has been torn apart for an extra 2 weeks at this time, while I drive a rental on my dime...

Installed Backvue DR750s 2 channel dashcam, Husky front, back and cargo mats and programmed a Lexus key card.

What have I done to my 200 this week? Nothing!
We went to install the supercharger that was sent by Harrop, and discovered that the intercooler doesn’t physically fit. Come to find out, they’ve never actually installed one of these on a US spec LX, though it’s sold as a direct bolt on.

So after several hours of measuring and pictures and back me forth with the guys at Harrop in Australia (which is difficult because of time zone difference), it was determined that they would source an intercooler for the Tundra, as the pictures of the Tundra intercooler from the install guide that they sent us indicated it would fit.

So after 4-5 days of back and forth, they supposedly had the right intercooler. The intercooler was shipped from LA to Portland OR, on Monday, using UPS ground (4 days!) and finally arrived Friday afternoon.

Unfortunately, the intercooler was not the one in the pdf that they were told would fit, and it does not and will not fit. And the joy is discovering that on a Friday afternoon, because someone was too cheap and unconcerned to ship the intercooler with any urgency. So now we’re back to waiting til Monday to make any progress, and the LX has been torn apart for an extra 2 weeks at this time, while I drive a rental on my dime...

That is an expensive bit of kit to receive a half baked product and a seemingly apathetic post sale response. Hopefully you get the proper intercooler soon and can drive your truck enjoying the wonder of BOOOOSSSTTTT

Does this improve the door opening wider at all? I feel like my door is super hard to open fully and with the gas cap in the holder on the door I sometimes struggle to easily put the nozzle into the opening.

No, it just pops the door open when you pull the latch under the dash. When mine was broken I had to put something in the pull handle to keep it unlocked, go open the door, then come back and release the handle.

Did a few things : New location for iphone, center console rubber protector and front seat covers. Attached phone holder with a little E6000 ,solid and good location. Took the LC rubber insert out of console tray and moved it , took a shot on Costco $25.00 seat covers and I like them. I fly fish a lot and wanted some easy and cheap seat protection.
GqFMvlkmQ8qFxcNY0tZbOQ.jpg
GNZ8ArjZQ7+A9l9S95xmhQ.jpg
DeEWPZyiRUOqZ+raVziOpg.jpg

That is an expensive bit of kit to receive a half baked product and a seemingly apathetic post sale response. Hopefully you get the proper intercooler soon and can drive your truck enjoying the wonder of BOOOOSSSTTTT

Monday evening here is Tuesday their time, and no resolution yet. Not really any updates either. Did hear back and they offered to find a way to offset some of install costs accrued thus far. That helps, but... Fact is I’m still in a rental, because knowing we’d need the front end torn apart to take measurements and pictures etc we can’t just put it back together and then keep going back and forth. 3 weeks of rental car adds up quickly. I really don’t mind being the guinea pig and being the first to see if something works, matter of fact I’m doing that exactly with the TT hidden winch mount that was installed. But it’s a different story when you’re sold something that is supposed to be bolt on ready, that costs $10,000 and has considerable install labor, and then have to throw away $2,000 in extra labor and rental car costs, because they sold a product that doesn’t actually work for my vehicle as advertised. That’s simply unacceptable. But hey, at least they’ll now be able to sell more product because I ate a couple thousand, without signing up for such, so that they can do research and redesign :flush:

This is why I bought it on credit card, so that if need be, I’ll contact my CC company and they’ll just charge it back to Harrop. Hopefully it won’t come to that.

Monday evening here is Tuesday their time, and no resolution yet. Not really any updates either. Did hear back and they offered to find a way to offset some of install costs accrued thus far. That helps, but... Fact is I’m still in a rental, because knowing we’d need the front end torn apart to take measurements and pictures etc we can’t just put it back together and then keep going back and forth. 3 weeks of rental car adds up quickly. I really don’t mind being the guinea pig and being the first to see if something works, matter of fact I’m doing that exactly with the TT hidden winch mount that was installed. But it’s a different story when you’re sold something that is supposed to be bolt on ready, that costs $10,000 and has considerable install labor, and then have to throw away $2,000 in extra labor and rental car costs, because they sold a product that doesn’t actually work for my vehicle as advertised. That’s simply unacceptable. But hey, at least they’ll now be able to sell more product because I ate a couple thousand, without signing up for such, so that they can do research and redesign :flush:

This is why I bought it on credit card, so that if need be, I’ll contact my CC company and they’ll just charge it back to Harrop. Hopefully it won’t come to that.

It really sucks the supercharger isn't working out, but the troubles people have had installing them and the complete lack of any support in the US for them is well documented here. Physically getting one bolted up is one thing, but getting it to function and perform like an OE part is completely different which is why you see so few here. If anything, I'd be glad you're figuring this out BEFORE it's haphazardly installed in your truck giving you all kinds of issues. At least now you "only" have a $10k issue (that can largely be taken care of) instead of an $80k or more issue.

PS - I've purchased a lot of vehicles, and I would never buy a non-OE boosted car or truck for these very reasons. I actually think it lowers the overall resale value even though it costs huge money.

@Chrisleduc1 That sucks. I was one that peek some interest on the Harrop Supercharger. Back to Magnusom supercharger route then.

managed to get DBA Survival Series Rotors and TRD pads installed in the front over the weekend, still gotta take care of the rear and flush brake fluid, install SS Brake lines

jeez what are you using for lighting the rear like that?

Something silly! A GearAid ARC Rechargeable LED Light and Power Station. As much as I love the hardwired stuff, I wanted to buy something that could provide me with maximum versatility inside and outside the vehicle, plus be backup phone/whatever charger. The handle/prop of the light has a threaded provision for a Ram mount. So you're looking at the light mounted with a twist/lock suction cup connected to a short double socket arm. I'll likely hard mount a simple 1" ball mount in one of the oval areas at some point. I don't intend to keep the light mounted but rather stowed in the lower tailgate. Here I am goofing around with the setup.

The nice thing about the suction mount is I can move it around any interior or exterior window. So sleeping the back, can put on a window closer to me. Also can mount outside on vehicle window or body to light up camp, etc.

Here's the light on it's warmest color setting and lowest brightness, it also has a cinch bag to diffuse light as well. The camera makes it appear slightly brighter (and cooler color temp) than it is due to sensor trying to capture light with such a sharp contrast. Also vehicle interior lights are on, ignore lights in front of 2nd row.

ARC Rechargeable LED Light and Power Station
Purchased online from Dick's for $70 shipped.

Downsides? The biggest one is that the buttons to control the light are on the rear side of the light so if you have it mounted flush to something, you have to fiddle to get back there to turn on/off, change settings. So not as convenient as some of the folks National Luna, etc wired lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom