2016-17 LC200 Aussie Nudge Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Today I have received the Aussie Nudge Bar for 2016+ LC. Since there are not many pictures of it beside Aussie Toyota web site, here are some pictures. Looks like a high quality product with Toyota serial #, etc.. As well ready for adding lights or a light bar. Looks really good when put it against the bumper.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG

Last edited:
Can't wait to see it installed!

Looks good. Assume it is this one? Wish available in US, maybe black powider coated. View attachment 1398783

Yes, that is the one. I am having one adjustment done to it as we speak. It comes with welded license plate holder which hot rod shop is removing for me. Looks like in Australia you cannot have license plate deeper on the bumper and needs to be visible. The whole thing is stainless steel (no chrome) so an easy job without making a damage. Very solid with every piece welded.

Surgery lasted a little over 4 hours and involved removal of the grill, bumper, bumper supports, crash zone items, etc.... BUT result are pretty good and very solid construction with proper support in four points. As well it is stainless steel so no worries about corrosion. As well before putting it on went to hot rod shop to remove the welded license plate bracket. Here are post install pictures. I think it goes well with silver LC. May have to put some additional small LED lights from Rigid Industries now
IMG_1178.JPG
IMG_1179.JPG
IMG_1181.JPG
IMG_1182.JPG
IMG_1184.JPG

That's the first bar of that visual style I've seen that actually looks like it's built with enough strength to take the weight of pushing another vehicle, etc.
Most seem to just attach from below rather than use major steel that extends back to the frame.
Also a nice touch that it includes two antenna/dune-flag points.
Thumbs up!

That's the first bar of that visual style I've seen that actually looks like it's built with enough strength to take the weight of pushing another vehicle, etc.
Most seem to just attach from below rather than use major steel that extends back to the frame.
Also a nice touch that it includes two antenna/dune-flag points.
Thumbs up!

Quality exceeded my expectations. Everything is welded, solid. Attachments is from below where tow hooks are that is typical for those kind of bars sold in US as the only one point of connection. That is used more for stability and bottom support. The big difference is additional attachment which is higher which attaches to the truck through 4 bolts each to the crush can which hold most of the weight. Here are couple pictures from install manual.

IMG_1199.JPG
IMG_1200.JPG

Looks really good. That's useful for parking in cities such as DC where most would use hitting the car behind as parking sensors. Its really annoying.

Looks very nice, much better than most nudge bars.

Does it interfere with the front camera?

Does it interfere with the front camera?

It doesn't interfere with sensors and is designed for proper airbag deployment but you can see the upper section of the bar in the camera as it has wide angle viewing. Here are couple of pictures.

IMG_1202.JPG
IMG_1203.JPG

Man ... I really like that inclinometer in the display of the newer LC's - and bird's-eye view is pretty nice, as well.

Man ... I really like that inclinometer in the display of the newer LC's - and bird's-eye view is pretty nice, as well.

My 1987 4Runner I had in HS had an inclinometer. Always thought it was so weird looking.

As for Luke's ride, it kinda looks like an angry grouper now with its bottom lip and jaw jutting out.

I like.

My 1987 4Runner I had in HS had an inclinometer. Always thought it was so weird looking.

As for Luke's ride, it kinda looks like an angry grouper now with its bottom lip and jaw jutting out.

I like.

The 1983 Mitsubishi Pajero I had in Japan had a dash mounted mechanical inclinometer - two gauges, one for Port/Starboard and the other for Fore/Aft. Both had very prominent red lines representing the degrees of no return - used to love asking my front seat passenger to watch the tilt and warn me if we got too close to tipping (and then trying to get as close as possible and then not heed the warning ... it never got old).

Looks really good. That's useful for parking in cities such as DC where most would use hitting the car behind as parking sensors. Its really annoying.

....it kinda looks like an angry grouper now with its bottom lip and jaw jutting out. I like.
THREAD HIJACK - INDICATIONS OF INTEREST?
Possible USA availability.....

Given the cost and weight of winch/bull bars, the effect on handling and fuel economy, etc. I am inclined toward lighter front end protection, but the aftermaket nudge bars are not my cup of tea. Other than custom built or local fabbers (@reevesci, @4x4labs, etc.) the options are kinda cheesy......but OEM? hell ya.

As a future 200 owner (2016+) I am stashing parts (NIB Rock Warriors, Harrop/Eaton ELockers, lift kit, HP brakes, etc.) and will add an OEM nudge bar to the list. Shipping costs not a problem, as our business ships from Australia every couple of weeks in various forms (slow, fast and faster - depending on product and urgency) so we can improve on the cost of DIY one-off imports.

@luke27617 has blessed a slight hijack of his thread....... If other owners of 2016+ 200 Series are interested, I can bring some OEM bars over as well. AU$ 999 is retail at the dealer over there, but will see what can be done on price once we understand how many folks might be interested.

Post up here or shoot me a PM if interested....

Can you get these for 08- 15 200s, not just the 16+? Probably more interested if so. I think these are also available for the earlier models in AUS.

Can you get these for 08- 15 200s, not just the 16+? Probably more interested if so. I think these are also available for the earlier models in AUS.
CAN WE? Yes
WILL WE? Not likely. I am planning on buying a new 200, so my interest is limited to the later version. We do not stock/sell bumpers, so it is outside of our usual wheelhouse.....in addition, there are a hell of a lot more 08-15 rigs out there and more of them are getting modified, so it is a much larger market if we were to view the product as a stock item.

Why not give @reevesci a shout - he is building LC 200 armor already and is a great vendor. Maybe he can do up something that will work for you. Heck, if he had a version for the 16+ series, using OEM style four-point mount, I might go that way as well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom