What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (18 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So would common advice be to remove the OEM boards to prevent damage, or leave on as some mediocre amount of protection when off roading. Guess what I mean... I don’t in any way expect them to work as sliders. Question is, if you tale a slight hit, would factory boards have more likelihood to reduce damage, or will their flimsiness make damage more likely?

They are definitely not for protection. If anything, they’re a potential damage multiplier since an obstacle only tall enough to whack the step...could end up damaging the body panel above it if the step gets forced upward.

Once you take them off, it’ll be pretty clear how flimsy they are. Step only.

Yeah. One got the slightest bend from a light brush on a dirt pile last weekend. I’m in the same camp- only protection they offer would be flying gravel.
Off they come tonight, along with mud flaps!

Shed some Tupperware tonight.

Love the color! What’s the reason for removing the mud flaps...curious?
Thanks!
No huge reason. Just wanted to see how it looked. Will see how messy the truck gets on rainy days. Also, here in N GA, the things that get encountered are shallow, but steep edges holes, as well as going over small logs. Those tend to grab mud flaps pretty easily, especially ones as large as the LC rears. Long term would like to find some that are a bit smaller, or trim the stock rear ones. I remember seeing someone here made some filler pieces to close off the rear bumper.

Thanks!
No huge reason. Just wanted to see how it looked. Will see how messy the truck gets on rainy days. Also, here in N GA, the things that get encountered are shallow, but steep edges holes, as well as going over small logs. Those tend to grab mud flaps pretty easily, especially ones as large as the LC rears. Long term would like to find some that are a bit smaller, or trim the stock rear ones. I remember seeing someone here made some filler pieces to close off the rear bumper.

Where in N. GA? I'm In Young Harris, Beasley OHV is near if you would like to go wheeling sometime. Shoot me a text 678-614-9296. I have a 100 and a 200 currently.

Live in Norcross

Headed to Flatlands and Coopers creek with the kids. My 200, brother’s 100, a Jeep 4 door, and an old YJ I believe.

Thanks!
Chips in paint.

I just picked up a "new-to-me" Xventure XV-1 trailer. The XV-1 is the entry level Xventure, but this one already has a few upgrades: a rack, tonneau cover, a group 31 battery and a pair of Rock Warriors. I have a few more upgrades planned, but this should be enough to get me going.

OITyR9U8cSgBuqGETrcWVZl61CtEj74l2isg4NlabrF5Mana-95IflE0DtrF_ZpXl1JSwbO_CGTeQm5u4x3AUKxAA8ZByyM5bEuGQ6Ajci9cwTO1ymS_lednJO_7JZL8oyOakwQhXNnlfv0fwWIPNQR3cKVKzmFT8vN6scw9inmsub2M6L4XeEE81PfdTBU_iFuqKZWn3YyTV5fvmDOH-Y0kK0qtZKsjwknQhGgHFzA66MsWEksQNOqLjIAK45NnBAif2pGb0w0sqbyg8eztLypMMXCYoc4YqbhHXLT4O6u432h8K3bca-42EUxaSSKkYWMHDhLb-WL28UZUOD_CxIHu48tHz-PjEm4idVWyMVPD9IS4O14cCKAQnShllNPSUv7-0RDCy48fHQ1prIzfp1wqkDfxSxAc8Vman82y-Yq0ueNubeLv49meKS_PauYPiIjQ5KiFEf6flz46xI_0NYBOZYCyG2pbTPhTEMx-8Czf9z7kwvg_ytV3zYosBIc_7e4EKze5EQCv9N0oegYhAdMd4m6yw3YcynEVY6EdGY5KH6tRk3z9h-UcrhKyrIocEYUTMwRDnK3MJxxP6TyYJE-ajClnp75BZr6S4V-_5GwxJAvKkDIgfBqylxQaMqyWFNcYZVwBRaBkaXf4Va1JadjB7Dwtlpoy=w1545-h869-no

Thanks!

Ugh.

I've replaced 6-7 windshields over the last ~6 years, and got a chip in my week-old (to me) LX, too. The cause was the same in every single instance: someone (usually a pickup) without mudflaps passing me and throwing a rock into my windshield. Were it legal, I would castrate people that took off their mudflaps without replacing them with another set. End rant.

Ugh.

I've replaced 6-7 windshields over the last ~6 years, and got a chip in my week-old (to me) LX, too. The cause was the same in every single instance: someone (usually a pickup) without mudflaps passing me and throwing a rock into my windshield. Were it legal, I would castrate people that took off their mudflaps without replacing them with another set. End rant.

The cumprits I’ve run into usually have less to do with flaps and more to do with Bro trucks with tires that extend well beyond their wheels wells.

Or big rigs.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Looks good that way. We can't do that in CO because it will crack windshields.

The cumprits I’ve run into usually have less to do with flaps and more to do with Bro trucks with tires that extend well beyond their wheels wells.

Or big rigs.

Both. And some tires seem to pick up and fling rocks better than others. I'd guess MTs probably less than lugs with tighter spacing. Yes, here in CO we get pelted very often so replacing the windshield every other year is pretty typical. Of course some people just don't know that they will cause damage by removing the flaps, but anybody here in Colorado knows better.

Or big rigs.

Yup. More often than not it's a combination of all of the above. The hate is strong with this one. Haha

I just picked up a "new-to-me" Xventure XV-1 trailer. The XV-1 is the entry level Xventure, but this one already has a few upgrades: a rack, tonneau cover, a group 31 battery and a pair of Rock Warriors. I have a few more upgrades planned, but this should be enough to get me going.

Cool, me too!

65708083-94D7-49A3-B0F6-B94DCA85BF2E.jpeg

How are those trailers acocomodating the LC wheel lug pattern? Large/wide adapters from 5 to 5 or 6 to 5?

How are those trailers acocomodating the LC wheel lug pattern? Large/wide adapters from 5 to 5 or 6 to 5?

Mine has hubs with the proper lug pattern, 5 on 150. No adapter.

Cool upgrade to my 200 this week.
Added six (three on each side) LED rock lights mounted to my Slee rock sliders, wired into the dome lights.

Cool upgrade to my 200 this week.
Added six (three on each side) LED rock lights mounted to my Slee rock sliders, wired into the dome lights.

Looks great. I like the idea of running them off the dome lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom