What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (66 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks! Yup that's the tire size.

I used this: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003CT4AQQ/?tag=ihco-20

Very forgiving for the amateur painter and great coverage. I would order 3, one can does 2 rims pretty easy.

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I'm leaning towards plasti-dip at the moment.

Are you happy with the larger tires? In terms of noise, ride and performance?

I installed my interior cargo rack today:) After seeing @jcardona1 and his rack I immediately knew I had to do it! Now I am nowhere near the first to do this and I'm sure there will be many more to come but after seeing his, I really liked the look, functionality, and cost (about $55 all together). If you would like to read about how he did it in his 80 you should check out his very detailed write up. Even though I have a 100, the parts and hardware were almost identical (I'll get back to this later). I used a 2' x 4' black grid panel you can pick up here - http://www.fireflystoresolutions.com/p-7856-black-grid-panel-2x4.aspx and 2 custom welded brackets. Due to the contour of the headliner the brackets are not the same shape. The DS is a simple L bracket while PS is a straight-edged S bracket. I had to cut the rear corners of the rack to avoid scratching the headliner and covered the jagged edges with heat shrink tubing. Let me know if you have any good ideas for items to mount up here! Haven't really gotten that far and before everyone starts the hate I will be installing a protective barrier between the seats and rear cargo area in the next week so nothing will fly forward in case of an accident. FYI the grid isn't attached to the brackets yet its just resting up there, I'm waiting to get some u-bolt clamps.

IMG_0005_2.jpg

IMG_0009_2.jpg
IMG_0006_2.jpg
IMG_0007_2.jpg
IMG_0008_2.jpg

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. I'm leaning towards plasti-dip at the moment.

Are you happy with the larger tires? In terms of noise, ride and performance?

Overall yes, but I also have the 5 speed and higher HP motor. Seem to be averaging 11-12MPG now down from 14-15MPG...

Are those white knuckle rock sliders? If so, were they fairly easy bolt on?

Metaltech OPOR sliders. Relatively easy but they are heavy, helps to have a second set of hands. Had to wedge the muffler on the passenger side out of the way to get that one on.

ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1405481225.595418.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1405481241.662143.jpg

Installed some of Phil's high clearance, low cost, light weight, pinch weld mounted rock rails. Painted them bumper/trim color and I'm digging em a lot. Time will tell how they work, but they've boosted my confidence a little. I've got some 865's and 33" duratracs still on my to do list. 275/70/18 being out of stock got me thinking real hard about 295/65/18

...via IH8MUD app

I installed my interior cargo rack today:) After seeing @jcardona1 and his rack I immediately knew I had to do it! Now I am nowhere near the first to do this and I'm sure there will be many more to come but after seeing his, I really liked the look, functionality, and cost (about $55 all together). If you would like to read about how he did it in his 80 you should check out his very detailed write up. Even though I have a 100, the parts and hardware were almost identical (I'll get back to this later). I used a 2' x 4' black grid panel you can pick up here - http://www.fireflystoresolutions.com/p-7856-black-grid-panel-2x4.aspx and 2 custom welded brackets. Due to the contour of the headliner the brackets are not the same shape. The DS is a simple L bracket while PS is a straight-edged S bracket. I had to cut the rear corners of the rack to avoid scratching the headliner and covered the jagged edges with heat shrink tubing. Let me know if you have any good ideas for items to mount up here! Haven't really gotten that far and before everyone starts the hate I will be installing a protective barrier between the seats and rear cargo area in the next week so nothing will fly forward in case of an accident. FYI the grid isn't attached to the brackets yet its just resting up there, I'm waiting to get some u-bolt clamps.

View attachment 917708
View attachment 917709 View attachment 917710 View attachment 917705 View attachment 917707

Nice work! How about a close up of the passenger side bracket?

Installed some pirahna diff breathers last night, need to take my ECU out tonight to wire in my yellr speedo adjuster to correct the speedo after putting the bfg muddies on a little while ago... It doesn't end!

Next up a diff oil change, and looking into rock sliders as my sidesteps are now a little worse for wear ;)

Where are these old junky 865's now? I have friend you is in need... saggy saggy

If you want to part with them PM me a price.

I'm going to have a slightly used set of Slee Heavies available shortly... rig is currently at Slee and went up to 863s.

Over the last couple weeks:
Gamivit full rack, 3/4 expo with sunroof cutout
Hella SuperTones
Second battery tray (Slee) and T-Max second battery kit with a new Yellow Top
Mounted the fuse box (only ran 6 awg from 2nd battery through firewall)
Wired the LEDs with switch in console.
Wired new ARB fridge socket for the fridge.
View attachment 913151 View attachment 913152 View attachment 913153 View attachment 913154 View attachment 913155
you might consider remounting that fuse box under the panel -- easy job and you get some storage space back and not worry about something arching on the fuse box. The panel comes up and if you leave a bit of length on the cables, just folds over.

Test run on painting the spare in preparation for my new BIOR rear bumper. Also got the old rear bumper off so I can black out the newly exposed parts. image.jpg image.jpg

How long did you run that coil pack? I had to put an AZ unit in my 100 about 2 years ago (went out on me on a Sunday) and its been in the back of my mind for a while. Think i might buy a new OEM and keep the Auto Zone pack for a spare.

It had been it for no more than 3 months.

...via IH8MUD app

What paint are you using? Looks nice.
It's actually Plasti-Dip. The color is Anthracite Grey. It has a bit of metallic in it. If the Plasti-Dip doesn't pan out I will have them powdercoated a similar color. Worth a shot I thought.

@hkeller I will be welding small steel tabs to the grid that I will mount Quick Fist clamps to. They're very strong and UV/weather resistant and should be more than enough to hold what I need. I would like to make a barrier to protect the seat area before I start with mounting the tools. I was thinking about another grid cut in half and mounted vertically with door hinges so it will fold toward the rear if I need to place something in the back, but it won't fold toward the driver - in turn blocking anything in case of an accident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom