What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (67 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where was that Aaron? I need more pinstripes! Still a few places where the paint is shiny.

If you are serious, it's called Spirits Creek around White Rock and Shores lake.

No: K = 4x4 and C = 2x4. The Blazers are 5, 1/2 ton is 10 (15 for GMC), 3/4 ton is 20 (25 for GMC) and 1 ton is 30 (35 for GMC). :cheers:

Ask Redsocks, he should know. I'm betting he doesn't. ;) he don't pay attention.

C= 2wd
K= 4wd

CC trucks are 2wd
CK trucks are 4wd

The former owner of my 100 parked it under a tree and had sap get onto the hood and cause some clear coat damage from sitting too long. I decided since I plan on keeping this truck for years, I would start off clean. I decided to do a little paint work. Turned out great. In this pic it looks like the color might be off a little but it is just from the sun and the shadow. Paint matched perfect.

image.jpg

Joined the blacked out wheel trend.

Powder Coated in Casper, WY for $120 + $60 sandblasting + $40 for Expert Tires to take off tires and remount. Total: $220 for 4.

Satin Black - matched the ARB pretty well.

In at 0800 done by 1600.

Will do the spare when I get Slee'd or BIOR'd in the rear...

image-1224679437.jpg

image-3998223637.jpg

Powder Coated in Casper, WY for $120 + $60 sandblasting + $40 for Expert Tires to take off tires and remount. Total: $220 for 4.

WHAT?! I got a quote for $120 PER RIM from Smoking Gun. How'd you get those done so cheap?? And is that cheap, average, or am I just being ripped off?

WHAT?! I got a quote for $120 PER RIM from Smoking Gun. How'd you get those done so cheap?? And is that cheap, average, or am I just being ripped off?

My powder coater has ovens, sand and glass media in house. They charge $50 per wheel.

1- bake old finish off
2- glass bead to clean up surface
3- powder

If the powder co has to farm out the prep, the price goes up.

Looks like it may not be consistent by Chevy; even the 2WD were badged K5 even though the VINs were different.

http://1972c5.com/blazer_pages/history.html

That is only the case for the Blazers. All of them were K5's. It didn't matter if they were Chev or GMC / 2wd or 4wd.

Ask Redsocks, he should know. I'm betting he doesn't. ;) he don't pay attention.

C= 2wd
K= 4wd

CC trucks are 2wd
CK trucks are 4wd

Now you are just confusing people! LOL. GM added the "C" in front for the '89 body style change (except for the 1-ton, that was in '91 IIRC). They also changed the number behind it. For example, a 1980 Chev 1/2-ton 4x4 would be a K10 but a 1995 Chev (or GMC) 1/2-ton 4x4 would be a CK1500.

All my years with Cadillac and GMC the tech and parts dept always asked AWD, 2WD or 4WD and the vin and chassis code was C or K. That's how I always knew it.

I was wondering why my atrac wasn't kickin in as strongly in the rear and pulled apart my rear brakes to find my pads done to the metal.. shame on me for neglecting. Order new pads, new e brake shoes, loosened the e brake mechanism of its seizure and redid all the brakes.

Then i bought some new shoes to replace my other new shoes (6 months old). went from 33's in toyo mt to 35's trail digger mt.

i haven't wheeled them yet, but they finally fill the wheel well properly. 35's seem to just look proper to me on this platform.

The first Powder Coater I called in the phone book was quick to quote $100 / wheel. The next one quoted $120 for 4 plus $60 for the prep. I know that we all need to make the $. I just hate it when we get raped...

Needless to say I have informed Expert tires and Big O about his services and informed them of the "rapist."

Rotation

image-4073224228.jpg

Replaced plugs, cleaned throttle body and MAF. Finished just in time for the game. Go Dirty Birds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom