What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (19 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Recently installed the 100 Series Panhard Drop Bracket form Delta Vehicle Systems. Last summer I installed the Ironman 4x4 2" FCP suspension lift and wanted to square up the geometry. Last week I drove from CO to AZ and noticed less pulling to the passengers side. Hoping to redo my UCA's later this summer, get new tires (& wheels if I can find some Rock Warriors) but will do a proper alignment then and get this beast straight as an arrow.

After.jpg

Backet_VClose.jpg

Bracket_Close.jpg

Recently installed the 100 Series Panhard Drop Bracket form Delta Vehicle Systems. Last summer I installed the Ironman 4x4 2" FCP suspension lift and wanted to square up the geometry. Last week I drove from CO to AZ and noticed less pulling to the passengers side. Hoping to redo my UCA's later this summer, get new tires (& wheels if I can find some Rock Warriors) but will do a proper alignment then and get this beast straight as an arrow.

View attachment 3290944

View attachment 3290945

View attachment 3290946
How was the install? deltas website said there was a possibility of having to grind - what was your experience ?

Did you drill the mounting hole - I see an empty one below? (Or is that for the 89 series).

Could you tell an immediate / significantly noticeable difference with highway tracking? Genuinely interested as I’m pretty high in the back

Quite a few tasks done over the past month. First I finished my drawers up. Turned out nice. Ended up shortening a drawer on the passenger side, sealed off a section and put in a 10” JL audio sub I’ve had sitting in the closet. The 6.5” Skar wasn’t cutting it for me. Shoddy carpet job but no one ever sees it. Was waiting for the material to come in for the drawer faces and the backside.
873E92E1-0779-4320-8CD5-5C417299B497.jpeg
4B713B7E-DE7B-4AED-84B7-1F2057C0618B.jpeg

Next I swapped out all the spark plugs since there was no record on when those were done. Actually weren’t in terrible shape, but good for piece of mind. All the coil packs (only took pics of pass side) were in great shape except for one. Rubber was still soft with no cracks though.
37ED2308-FE39-4752-B5CE-0CE24F5C51A0.jpeg

Finally, received my Valleytech rear bumper! Got it powder coated here in Houston and installed on Sunday. Install was lengthy due to cleaning up and painting the frame before install. Need to adjust the alignment on the passenger side but overall went pretty smooth.
9D6C1D2E-7204-4012-8B73-3B461E33629B.jpeg
2551471A-0B08-4926-8E14-94145E2B51A6.jpeg

How was the install? deltas website said there was a possibility of having to grind - what was your experience ?

Did you drill the mounting hole - I see an empty one below? (Or is that for the 89 series).

Could you tell an immediate / significantly noticeable difference with highway tracking? Genuinely interested as I’m pretty high in the back
The install was surprisingly easy, despite requiring grinding some of the frame down, and took ~1hr soup to nuts. Chowcares has a great video detailing the install process.

I did not drill any holes. The bracket comes with 2 from Delta. The lower hole can be used if you are lifting your LC >2", or putting larger tires on in addition to a lift. I initially used the lower hole, but the angle was closer to level using the upper hole, so I went with that one.

I did not notice much difference on local roads, but last week went from CO to southern AZ. When it wasn't windy, I definitely noticed far less pull to the passenger side. I for sure have positive rake in the rear, and am torn on adjusting the torsion bars to level it out, as we tend to travel a little heavy during the summer. For $350, I am very pleased with the results. I am very interested to see how it rolls down wash-boarded out fire roads this summer.

It's been a couple years since I did it, so I can't remember the install details. But I would call the change immediate and significant, no more tail wagging the dog.

Finished the install of my new Slee bumper. Loaded it up with way more than I would usually carry and took it for a shake down drive. Very solid but now I'll need new springs in the rear to handle the extra weight when fully loaded. Now on to new rims and tires. One finishing touch to the ladder.

IMG_2741.jpeg

I think these should come as a standard item.

IMG_2745.jpeg

Sad to see you (and her?) go!

Can't say the thought of a 200 hasn't crossed my mind. Have build plans for it yet?
I’ll be around the forum, and I’ll likely be back in another 100 someday. It'll always be my favorite SUV. i was actually looking at a 2007 LC before this one just fell onto my lap. 07 LC and 200 series are starting to overlap in price so i thought id give it ago. after i put a few thousand miles on the 200 ill write a long and detailed comparison between the two for anyone on the fence.

Plans for mods are similar to my 100. ahc lift, tires, roof rack, and sliders. everything is so expensive these days.

Swapped my bronze SCS F5s from the wrecked 99 LX470 to the 02 LC. Next up will be moving the WKOR sliders.

Thank you @Bisho for the lead on this one. This is going to be good therapy to recover from my LX470 loss.

1680959963376.png

1680960011071.png

1680960070027.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom