What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (87 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fixed my rearview mirror by replacing the m3x4 screws that hold it to the mount, so no more wobbles! But my sunroof has been stuck at 98% closed, fully within the rectangle but not completely lifted up into place. Pulled the motor and it works perfectly fine in the track, but it is fully binding up and not moving at all when reinstalled. So I’m not putting the motor back in. Just gonna pull the headliner, cut the pulls and tubing that holds them, and push it back into place and seal it with black Flex Seal and use blocks/wedges to hold it up while it cures. It’s all temporary because my son is finishing his first year of technical college for welding, and we’re going to weld a piece of steel in place of the sunroof before he fabricates a full top rack and bumpers for me late summer/early fall.

Also, my last cheap laptop from about 12 years ago died for good, and I cannot get Techstream to run on the new one. It opens up the virtual machine emulator just fine, but it wouldn’t connect to the car and now Techstream refuses to open, saying it needs a valid key. So I have to head to the Techstream thread and ask for help.

Started baselining my 99 for a trip to Colorado later this year. I have owned my cruiser for 8 years but this will be the first "big trip" in several years of daily driving/light trail use. Dissent rear bumper ordered. Began process of removing rear hitch and bumper/factory spare hardware. Decided to go witb the high clearance hitch and crossmember from Dissent. I plan to clean and prep the frame and touch up/treat any surface rust before install. Also recently replaced alternator with a rebuilt 100amp Toyota/Denso unit. Full fluid replacement on brakes, coolant, diff's and transfer case. Looking into a LRA 40 gallon primary tank, ASFIR skids, Timbren bump stops and new shocks.

Installed Ridies seat cover and new bottom cushion on driver’s side. Will finish up next weekend. I’m impressed with the quality - very soft and comfy now! The cover has tightened up sitting in the hot truck today.

59D1E21D-0FD0-4A94-91DF-A1275746BA26.jpeg

D0AFE115-8B35-4EE7-B6BA-9473E979B500.jpeg

I finally got around to replacing my steering rack bushings with a kit from cruiser outfitters. Wasn’t too bad of an install with the rack still in the truck. Definitely needs a flexible head ratchet though. Made all the difference.

I also found what’s been causing the clunk sound in my front end. At some point my sway bar end link broke off!
View attachment 3289499
Stopped by cruiser outfitters today and picked up replacement sway bar end links. I opted to save a bit of money and got the aftermarket ones. I’m not sure if it’s the same on the OEM ones but I had to use a mallet to get them in on the lower control arm mount. Extremely happy with how well this old cruiser drives after doing this work. Planning on ball joints next, though I’m thinking of saving up a bit and replacing the upper and lower control arms with the kit from cruiser outfitters. I think it would save a lot of time pressing out bushings

Last week, i got new Mickey Thompson Baja 32.8” tires and over the weekend I put on the big-out Yakima box :) Also! I received from amazon new gas struts for the rear door and installed them -easy. I got tired of the door falling on my head.lol.

View attachment 3290142
Do you have a link for the struts you bought? I’ve been hit in the head one too many times after today haha!

Just doing a budget build. Running board delete, 33" Falken tires on 18" wheels, Used ARB bumper and temporary cheap winch, Yakima roof rack (borrowed from LC200 HE)

View attachment 3289772
Had one of my catalytic converters stolen, but they left their knife so we'll call it even.

View attachment 3290580
That reminds me I need to finish adding skid plates for the rest of my underside.

A few pounds of prevention might cost more than the converter but the wife doesn’t need to know that.

She just needs to know it’s a safety issue.

That reminds me I need to finish adding skid plates for the rest of my underside.

A few pounds of prevention might cost more than the converter but the wife doesn’t need to know that.

She just needs to know it’s a safety issue.

I'm shopping skids now. My girlfriend is not happy about the probably $2k expense, but it's better than having it happen again. Hopefully skids are enough to deter future attempts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom