What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (39 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I’ll be around the forum, and I’ll likely be back in another 100 someday. It'll always be my favorite SUV. i was actually looking at a 2007 LC before this one just fell onto my lap. 07 LC and 200 series are starting to overlap in price so i thought id give it ago. after i put a few thousand miles on the 200 ill write a long and detailed comparison between the two for anyone on the fence.

Plans for mods are similar to my 100. ahc lift, tires, roof rack, and sliders. everything is so expensive these days.

Congrats on the 200 and the purchase makes total sense considering how nutty 100 prices are getting.

I know it's not typically your style, but IMO, the 570's looks benefit greatly from a front bumper.

Regardless, enjoy! 👍

Finished up the Ridies seat install. I’ve gotta say, this is way more than a cosmetic upgrade. The comfort is completely off the wall. I didn’t know what I was missing.

Be warned, if you do this you’ll feel compelled to clean everything, and suddenly the back seats will look pretty shabby.

6ABF9ABC-3091-4B75-9611-5D37A7957CF6.jpeg

B6EA7375-647D-4D76-AF19-FDD84DE16A61.jpeg

Went to work prepping the rear frame section for the Dissent rear bumper. Also removed all pieces and brackets of the oem spare tire holder. This will make it much easy to repair the few surface rust spots and also to cleaning in the future to prevent future decay.

Also removed the original rear shocks. I didn’t fool around and I didn’t drill any holes. Grabbed the Sawzall and had both rear shocks out in 5 minutes. New rear shocks are in and ready to go. I went with OME. I did the medium duties 60000/60002. I’m not sure where so many learn to dislike these shocks. Perhaps a lot is just parroting what they read. I drove it around a bit this afternoon and the ride didn’t feel terrible. It is a little on the firm side right now but I have no bumper/hitch or spare/carrier so the rear is riding pretty high. I do have drawers but they are pretty empty except for my recovery bag. Soon I will have the Dissent rear bumper/tire swing and the LRA 40 gallon main tank is on the way so it should ride just about perfect.

I also did the updated JDM rear OEM wiper. Looks much better on the back than the rusty metal arm.

Deleted the running boards. The WKOR sliders have taken a beating since 2020. Really I should get them re-powder coated before installing them on this baby.

1680960577796.png

Installed LEDs in all the tail lights for a little extra brightness and maybe a 2% decrease in the chances some inattentive driver will plow into me. Went back and switched the turns back to conventional, having forgotten that LEDs lead to wacky quick cycling otherwise.

Deleted the running boards. The WKOR sliders have taken a beating since 2020. Really I should get them re-powder coated before installing them on this baby.

View attachment 3294440
Craig, you might consider sanding them and shooting with Rustoleum bed liner. You’re only going to scrape off the powder coat anyway.

Last edited:

View attachment 3294440
How different is the ride going from stock tires to the 33” muds?

How different is the ride going from stock tires to the 33” muds?
I can definitely feel the larger outer diameter during take-off. Though the rotational mass is approximately the same with lighter wheels and tires that weigh 56 lbs. Braking and handling are good. The second generation of this Evo MT is quieter than the first gen. The E-rated tires don't soak up pavement bumps like the Michelin M/S LTX.

Finished up the Ridies seat install. I’ve gotta say, this is way more than a cosmetic upgrade. The comfort is completely off the wall. I didn’t know what I was missing.

Be warned, if you do this you’ll feel compelled to clean everything, and suddenly the back seats will look pretty shabby.

View attachment 3293963

View attachment 3293964
Perforated 👍. I’ve had my eyes on the perf recover as well.

Slapped on some new 1.5” wheel spacers, adjusted the tie rod end links while in there.

A2B73066-2403-4A13-A9C0-BAAAC8550D83.jpeg

While running errands an LX owner waved me down for help, it’s like he knew we were 100 series brothers separated at birth.

Tossed a new radiator hose in his rig to get him going. Part of me wanted a bigger challenge but in hindsight I’m really happy it was something easy. Happy Easter folks. 🐣

37EB46E2-F288-4D13-8E4D-F321306DD83D.jpeg

715A4A74-4EE4-4D70-9C9F-463BFB773193.jpeg

Last edited:
Not much major- after a couple years of heavy stuff, just taking a little break from too much big spending on the old truck for a bit. I replaced my seizure-inducing flickering LED corner markers (Auxbeam) with some other ones (Lasfit) this past weekend. Hopefully these actually do better. Last set was fine at first, then both went wonky in just a few weeks. LED is only any better than plain ol incandescent if it actually lasts longer, LED makers. If these don't work out I guess joke's on me and I'll go buy some orange bulbs and call it good for 6-10 more yrs.

Next:
Maintenance: Steering rack, at some point. It's a little bit leaky but holding on OK/ not losing huge amounts. Other fluid checks and changes, maybe a couple clunky (diff?) bushings if I get to feeling feisty.
Fun: Probably some little self-fab stuff for rear storage, a couple exterior lighting tweaks, and getting ready for GSMTR this summer. Underbody skids before that? Maybe. Some paintwork this summer too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom