What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (69 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sorry if this has been answered a million times before (I couldn't find it). How much can I lift the front and still keep the stock shocks?
I have run 2" lift on the front and rear and worked great on the non-AHC shocks!

Mud Guard delete (new rack a couple weeks ago and sliders are on order lol)...birthday present after crossing 290K miles yesterday

I went with Truck Bed spray before I put them on my black LC. I thought the bare aluminum would look weird...definitely like the look of the black. OEM mud guards came off easily, straight forward...remove screws from wheel well, bolt holding down bracket and nut/bolt holding guard to underside of bumper (all 10mm). Bracket bolt and bumper bolt don't get used with new delete panel...5 screws fit into the new plate that go in wheel well. Thank you Phil for the Eliminator panel...an easy DIY that holds things in place when you remove the guard. You really can't remove the guards without the plate, or your bumper will flop around.

LandCruiserProducts.com

View attachment 3274640

View attachment 3274641

View attachment 3274642

View attachment 3274643

View attachment 3274644
nice product. I made my own with some ABS sheet plastic. Especially for an aftermarket bumper. Used a heat gun and box cutters to shape and cut to what I needed. drilled holes for bolts and works though not as pretty.

Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 2.54.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-22 at 2.54.40 PM.png

Sorry if this has been answered a million times before (I couldn't find it). How much can I lift the front and still keep the stock shocks?
My 2002 LX470 has a +/- 2 1/4” AHC lift. No rubbing whatsoever with 285/75r 16 BFG KO2’s.

The ride is smooth as a 1970’s Cadillac while in Comfort setting.

How I did it…

- New AHC globes from IMPEX Japan
- Adjusted AHC sensors to gain the lift
- Front diff drop
- Zeal AHC shock extension brackets… ( these make a whole world of difference with lifted AHC)

Nice, but please say those reflector assemblies are meant for LEDs, otherwise you’ll be one of those $#*+$ blinding everyone at night.
The reflector assemblies are meant to work with LEDs according to the info provided. However, since I try to not be a @&$*#… (well…. not a COMPLETE @&$%!€)
I also adjusted the lights to the proper angle to hopefully prevent that from happening.

The reflector assemblies are meant to work with LEDs according to the info provided. However, since I try to not be a @&$*#… (well…. not a COMPLETE @&$%!€)
I also adjusted the lights to the proper angle to hopefully prevent that from happening.
We all have our limits!

I got them from EBay Motors. The screenshot with the seller is attached.

Pretty sure those are not for LEDs and using them with LEDs is just going to blind everyone else. It would be kinda weird for them to be made for LEDs but them to provide halogen bulbs with the purchase...

Pretty sure those are not for LEDs and using them with LEDs is just going to blind everyone else. It would be kinda weird for them to be made for LEDs but them to provide halogen bulbs with the purchase...
I would assume too. Nice lights for projector retrofitting... Too many todos lined up already. Thanks for the link

Replaced the exhaust.

Had hot fuel gases and positive pressure in my fuel tank due to a well positioned exhaust leak.

Check out the melted sludge:

5413F47A-C8FC-4786-BCDA-CA535874FF78.jpeg

Ended up doing the walker exhaust, advanced wanted like $600, rock auto had it to me for $275 shipped. Normally like OEM but the Toyota sourced parts didn’t made sense.

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Last edited:
I've been quietly paranoid about getting pulled over since replacing the rear bumper. The ARB lights are small-ish and easily qualify as 'obscured' at various angles. Some Rigid Chase lights handled that nicely (boo, no turn signals built in though) and look sweet af.

20230324_210102.jpg

20230324_205857.jpg
20230324_205936.jpg
20230324_205835.jpg

I've been quietly paranoid about getting pulled over since replacing the rear bumper. The ARB lights are small-ish and easily qualify as 'obscured' at various angles. Some Rigid Chase lights handled that nicely (boo, no turn signals built in though) and look sweet af.

View attachment 3281446 View attachment 3281443 View attachment 3281444
Looks good, and functional really. Curious on your ARB rear bar integrated brake light - doesn’t that have a third wire that you can splice with your factory brake lights and it would illuminate brighter when you step on the brakes?

Looks good, and functional really. Curious on your ARB rear bar integrated brake light - doesn’t that have a third wire that you can splice with your factory brake lights and it would illuminate brighter when you step on the brakes?

There is but I was already pretty sure I was going to add lights for reverse lighting*. Once I'd made that decision and added the top brake lights, I changed out the ARB ones to LED bulbs to lighten the load.

* As soon as I mounted the ARB reverse light I hated it. It added a whole extra set of steps/layer of complexity to accessing the spare tire.

Maybe I was finding excuses and building a case to buy the chase lights. Who knows :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom