What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally … an upgrade/fix that didn’t require breaker bars, skinned knuckles, PB Blaster, 1/2 gallon of sweat or 4 trips to the hardware/Autozone for another bloody tool/replacement bolt …

View attachment 3080454
Very nice! I've been considering the same. I think the black looks better than the tan that's a different shade than the rest of the interior.

Finally … an upgrade/fix that didn’t require breaker bars, skinned knuckles, PB Blaster, 1/2 gallon of sweat or 4 trips to the hardware/Autozone for another bloody tool/replacement bolt …

View attachment 3080454
Wait one. There's something on this rig that does not require an ER visit or 878735463878 trips to the homedepot or Autozone?

In the process of installing IronMan lower control arm Tbar reinforcement brackets. I’ve not drilled the lower holes to run those bolts through yet. Not a difficult job if the nuts and bolts aren’t seized.

15418ACA-5340-49D4-B5B3-68A566C7EC02.jpeg

I knocked out a quick oil change, replaced the front sway bar links since they were snapped off, and replaced the upper hatch door handle.

In the process of installing IronMan lower control arm Tbar reinforcement brackets. I’ve not drilled the lower holes to run those bolts through yet. Not a difficult job if the nuts and bolts aren’t seized.

View attachment 3080726
I drilled the holes for the bolts on Monday and installed the bolts. It was a major PITA because I had to remove my front skidplate to get at it. The brackets had been on for over a year so yeah I procrastinated a little. :)

Did you use a 3/8 drill bit?

I drilled the holes for the bolts on Monday and installed the bolts. It was a major PITA because I had to remove my front skidplate to get at it. The brackets had been on for over a year so yeah I procrastinated a little. :)

Did you use a 3/8 drill bit?
Honestly didn't look at the size. I took a small drill bit like a 1/8 and drilled a pilot hole in each one and then grabbed whichever one fit the hole and drilled them out the rest of the way.

Thanks. Aussie instructions say 10mm which is 3/8 equivalent basically.

I frequent Colorado and Moab trails so it's cheap $45 insurance. It would get you back to the hotel from the trail at least.

I should do this as well.

It’s on the long list of sooner than later I hope

Installed my Valley Tech Fabrication sliders to go along with my Valley Tech rear bumper.

BF28BB15-F4AF-42A4-9BF2-503769181B51.jpeg

Installed my Valley Tech Fabrication sliders to go along with my Valley Tech rear bumper.

View attachment 3081270
2 sweet rides AND a garage that does not look like E.O.D. detonated some surplus ordinance? I see you, sir. 👀 Living all kinds of right and stuff.
P.S. Are those sliders able to be ordered with a step cover?

LOL. Yep, Garret does them with step covers. Let me try to find a pic.

2 sweet rides AND a garage that does not look like E.O.D. detonated some surplus ordinance? I see you, sir. 👀 Living all kinds of right and stuff.
P.S. Are those sliders able to be ordered with a step cover?

Sweet! I'm gonna put that on my to-do list right after the alternator, radiator, the "while your there" type stuff, new air box, OEM snorkel, diff breathers, dynamat, headliner, sunroof, a second battery, new keys, the skid plates, all of my molle gear, drawers, and rear brakes. Oh and close on the house cause you gotta have somewhere to let that stuff collect dust you know. Thanks, @harrydunn . Ya jerkface! :rofl:

Upgraded my front recovery points with rated points from Ironman 4x4 America. These are rated to 4.75t and the difference in size is pretty obvious.

Install was simple, but the instruction manual lies: you need a 19mm to remove the factory points and a 22mm to install the new ones.

IMG_3195.jpeg

IMG_3192.jpeg

IMG_3193.jpeg

Replaced the original alternator as a PM (no current issues - 98 LX, 280k km). Replaced with the larger 100A Denso reman unit (210-0565). Struggled to remove (playing tetris for 45 minutes) before giving up and removing the lower rad hose - out in 30 seconds after that.

Compare.jpg

Brushes had over 1/4 inch left and there was less than .5mm wear on the commutator, so probably would have lasted another year or two, but didn't want to roll the dice that long. I will refurb this one and have a good spare.

Brushes.jpg

B5BF440A-1C24-42F2-81F4-935FBB16B1AB.jpeg

Broke something with the MFD. Audio plays but says “Audio Off”, buttons around the screen aren’t working, “check connection to air conditioner” shows when pressing climate button. 😔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom