What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (67 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Washed her and tried to solder up a makeshift trailer harness until I can find a good replacement. only the passenger side lights work fully. on the trailers now. the driver side is there... but too dim to see.

IMG_1632.jpg

Do you have a close up pic of how its mounted to the factory rack?

I used the L brackets from my old NAPA awning because they fit more flush to the car whereas the Ironman ones stick out a little more but it's still the same concept.

879783D9-2700-4869-B9D2-5AC5C1CD46D1.jpeg

I found an OEM handle set on Facebook Marketplace for $20, but the owner is on vacation. In the meanwhile I found a large eye hook and mounted it in a 1” dowel Rod and it worked well enough to raise the tire into place. It should be fine for a few uses, but it’s definitely not a long-term solution. I also bought a large planter hook that I’m going to get welded into a 1/2 impact socket. My cordless impact driver is pretty much perfect for tire changes, and this is going to make using the bottle jack a lot faster and easier.
I can scrounge around, but I'm pretty sure I have a couple oem jack hooks, I can send you one for cost of shipping. I did a 4x4 Labs bumper in the rear and 86'd the stock spare tire carrier.

Recently got my 100 series about a moth ago. It had 123k miles when purchased. Only put about 1k miles on it. I did the spark plugs and air filter. Lubed the grease fittings on the driveshaft and yolks, noticeable difference. Next is the brakes and rotors, bleed the brake lines and timing belt & water pump.

Also it doesn't help that I work for Toyota parts. Literally working for all my parts 😅

As YoyaWagon said, adding a cabin air filter is as simple as changing the Plenum cover, and installing the filters… and these filters do work… change mine every oil change, and they have an appreciable amount of particulates trapped in them.

Added coolant to reservior, replaced both headlights with Toyota housings, installed two new license plate light lens/covers, with all new bulbs. Fixed front bumper cover where all 6 lower attachment points were broken off, it was flopping around. 3 of them had broken bolts that I had to drill out. I went cheap but effective route using brass L brackets and automotive bolts from hardware store and zip ties. Zero movement now!
20220626_100916.jpg
20220626_100939.jpg
20220626_101007.jpg

You might not have one. Some 100 series come with the door to change cabin air filters and some don't. Lots of people have modified theirs to accept filters: Cabin air filter conversion - LC100 to LX470 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/cabin-air-filter-convers

As YoyaWagon said, adding a cabin air filter is as simple as changing the Plenum cover, and installing the filters… and these filters do work… change mine every oil change, and they have an appreciable amount of particulates trapped in them.

Im not worried about it at all. Just got confused for a second. Cause my parts catalog says it does not have a CAF with my VIN. Toyota cabin PNC is 87139- nothing

My (human) o ring was pretty tight on this one because if this didn't work, I was probably going to weld a bung in, and it would've been a real big pain. The manifold was also 100% not going to be coming off without an even bigger battle, so this had to work.

Regular size tap wouldn't fit in there, so had to improvise a little. Sure glad to own a tig welder. This was one of those real satisfying repairs, which are few and far between on a rust belt vehicle. Truck runs great now with new plugs, coils and upstream o2s. Picture included of the fruits of my labor.

20220626_132354.jpg

20220626_140453.jpg

20220626_141937.jpg

20220603_162409.jpg

My (human) o ring was pretty tight on this one because if this didn't work, I was probably going to weld a bung in, and it would've been a real big pain. The manifold was also 100% not going to be coming off without an even bigger battle, so this had to work.

Regular size tap wouldn't fit in there, so had to improvise a little. Sure glad to own a tig welder. This was one of those real satisfying repairs, which are few and far between on a rust belt vehicle. Truck runs great now with new plugs, coils and upstream o2s. Picture included of the fruits of my labor.

View attachment 3043655

View attachment 3043656

View attachment 3043657

View attachment 3043658
NIce work! Can you ID that other wire running alongside O2 plug for me?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom