What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (21 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Truck started running rough with a flashing check engine light on the way home tonight. Of course I’m leaving for WI/MI on Thursday for some solo camping…

I pulled over and had a Cylinder 8 misfire, which made sense with the sound/feel. I drove home and now had cylinder 1 and random misfire. Replaced #8 coil with a spare and all is well. I like the easy fixes.

In the last month I’ve replaced the back door weather stripping, turn signal lenses, hatch lock electric motor, front brake pads, and added 1.5” spacers. I was going to tackle my sunroof, but Partsouq didn’t send a cable I needed, so now I’m seeing if Amayama will come through. Hope to knock that out before Colorado the end of July.

E7F53A64-C6A9-49A5-815C-D4A83CAA6BC6.png

I really hope it is not that but at least once in the past my 20 year old rear height sensor stopped working when I replaced the rear upper control arm. Apparently it was on its last legs anyway but taking the arm off and moving it about accelerated its demise.
30A0873B-DAF5-4B85-8419-0A4C32EE408E.jpeg

Yup it was the sensor. Thanks for the info about yours. Made me feel better about just replacing mine rather than trying to diagnose. Also, I noticed my oil temp sensor was never reattached… been driving that way for months

Last weekend on my camping trip I was thinking how it was going to be the last time I *likely* bring my awning room for overnight trips since there is no way to easily disconnect it from the car and I hated that I couldn't move my car around or go trailing without a bunch of teardown time... Well, today I randomly stumbled across the below video while looking at videos of quick disconnect awning mounts and i'm glad I came across it so thought I'd share. Basically this allows you to let your awning free stand without the support of your car. I am curious though how it will stand up with an awning room connected.

Knock on wood never had to do this, but feel sooner or later inevitable
The hardest part was dropping the headliner, luckily I didn't have to take off the lower interior panels but I took all of the upper ones loose, got by with not having to take the ones by the seatbelts all the way off. If I had known a couple months back when I had everything but the headliner out that I'd have to do this, I would have taken the extra time then. Ended up getting parts from McGeorge Toyota. Mainly done out of necessity but very pleased with the outcome!

As far as I can tell, it's the same hook as were on my 4Runner, Tacoma, 60-series, etc. Any pull-a-part should have a couple Toyota 4x4s in the yard, and they often have that toolkit.

Spent a bunch of time in SC many years back, absolutely cleaning house on a couple of 60s and 62s that fell to the Cash for Clunkers program.
I found an OEM handle set on Facebook Marketplace for $20, but the owner is on vacation. In the meanwhile I found a large eye hook and mounted it in a 1” dowel Rod and it worked well enough to raise the tire into place. It should be fine for a few uses, but it’s definitely not a long-term solution. I also bought a large planter hook that I’m going to get welded into a 1/2 impact socket. My cordless impact driver is pretty much perfect for tire changes, and this is going to make using the bottle jack a lot faster and easier.

Do you have a close up pic of how its mounted to the factory rack?

I used the L brackets from my old NAPA awning because they fit more flush to the car whereas the Ironman ones stick out a little more but it's still the same concept.

879783D9-2700-4869-B9D2-5AC5C1CD46D1.jpeg

I found an OEM handle set on Facebook Marketplace for $20, but the owner is on vacation. In the meanwhile I found a large eye hook and mounted it in a 1” dowel Rod and it worked well enough to raise the tire into place. It should be fine for a few uses, but it’s definitely not a long-term solution. I also bought a large planter hook that I’m going to get welded into a 1/2 impact socket. My cordless impact driver is pretty much perfect for tire changes, and this is going to make using the bottle jack a lot faster and easier.
I can scrounge around, but I'm pretty sure I have a couple oem jack hooks, I can send you one for cost of shipping. I did a 4x4 Labs bumper in the rear and 86'd the stock spare tire carrier.

Recently got my 100 series about a moth ago. It had 123k miles when purchased. Only put about 1k miles on it. I did the spark plugs and air filter. Lubed the grease fittings on the driveshaft and yolks, noticeable difference. Next is the brakes and rotors, bleed the brake lines and timing belt & water pump.

Also it doesn't help that I work for Toyota parts. Literally working for all my parts 😅

As YoyaWagon said, adding a cabin air filter is as simple as changing the Plenum cover, and installing the filters… and these filters do work… change mine every oil change, and they have an appreciable amount of particulates trapped in them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom