What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (43 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A simple spark plug change / bad ignition coil became much more when I pulled out a coil and noticed oil in the tube. I pulled the valve cover and sure enough, some idiot mechanic had simply forced the grommets in the slots without bending back the tabs. The grommets on the leaking tubes were ripped in places letting oil thru. I punched them out easily enough, but you can see from the image how the tabs were bent in. Pulling the other side this week as I know what I'll find.

View attachment 2952117
A PO ground off the tabs on one of my valve covers...luckily they press in pretty tight and there was no impact.

Bumper is just something I cut n welded together. Lights are auxbeam 9in spotlights. Extremely bright, tight beam. I'd say the throw is dang near 1mi.
I went searching to see if you'd already answered this question about your bumper. It looks really great, but now I'm bummed I can't buy one!

Had the head unit replaced with a Kenwood with Apple CarPlay (and Android) and a rear camera. - CarPlay works great so does the backup camera. This is a great upgrade to your legacy LC infotainment, plugs right in with no dash modifications

View attachment 2952088

View attachment 2952089
Good tune. “Some of it’s magic, some of it’s tragic, but I’ve had a good life all the way.”

Swapped in an Interstate MTX-24F battery yesterday. My first AGM battery, so we'll see if I notice any differences over time.

Got the p0100 and p0101 codes on ‘99 LC. Cleaned MAF, no luck. Swapped with good MAF from my ‘04 LX, BINGO! Bought a used one from an low mileage ‘05 LX. BINGO again! Wow what a difference that makes.

I got lucky with my MAF. Bought some cleaner at AutoZone, sprayed her down, waited about 30 minutes, and it actually worked. Really smoothed out that rough idle at 600-800 rpm.

Helping my brother make this 06 LC a bit more fun with a third pedal :D

PXL_20220315_232953019[1346] - Copy (2).jpg

Last edited:
Built a rig for a drill pump for gear oil changes. Project 250 is finnnaly on the road after servicing the diffs and transfer case, an oil change and lube this old girl is on the road for the first time since at least 2015!

PXL_20220315_153620062.jpg

PXL_20220315_201733441.MP.jpg

PXL_20220315_180150415.jpg

Had this thing a week, new 35" shoes today. It just looked too small with 33"s. Installed @Lutz Auto speedo calibration. SAS 100 done by @TRAIL TAILOR pd for by PO. Still a few things to dial in and check b4 it gets wheeled. I'm gonna have questions but reading thru lots of your all's threads for now.

20220306_173327.jpg

20220316_165728.jpg

Last edited:
Had this thing a week, new 35" shoes today. It just looked too small with 33"s. Installed @Lutz Auto speedo calibration ainstalled. SAS 100 done by @TRAIL TAILOR pd for by PO. Still a few things to dial in and check b4 it gets wheeled. I'm gonna have questions but reading thru lots of your all's threads for now.

View attachment 2954522

View attachment 2954523
If you’re ever in Arkansas I’d like to take a gander at that one and maybe take it for a spin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom