What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spent the weekend installing a new rear bumper with swingouts. Made by ValleyTechLLC.
RearBumper1.JPG

RearBumper2.JPG

RearBumper3.JPG

RearBumper4.JPG

RearBumper5.JPG

This is the first I've heard of this bumper. Very nice looking! Is ValleyTech a new company?
Yes. He is a one man shop in Kansas City. Check out ValleyTechLLC on Facebook or Instagram.

Replaced alternator, original went almost 190k miles. Then I replaced it with Bosch reman from rockauto, this one lasted 30k. Denso reman went in to replace it.
Didn't have to pull radiator or any hoses. Just the air box on top and steering lines detach so they can be loose and pulled it from below.
1643034169218.png
1643034204164.png
1643034232184.png

I just picked up this 2000. Did the spark plugs, those were fun.. Half the boots stayed on. But got it done. Changed all the fluids out head to toe. Air filter , fuel filter, etc. I use Amsoil in everything I own, and I'm also an Amsoil independent dealer. The interior is like new, and I used Leather Honey for cleaning, and conditioning. It works!

The current mods it has is Roof rack, PIAA led lights front rear. Metal Tech stage one links upper lower, Dough Tholey headers, 275/70/18. I just ordered a front skid plate, still has AHC system so once that dies I may get aftermarket suspension.

Screenshot_20220124-064519_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220124-071052_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220124-071107_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220124-071122_Gallery.jpg

I just picked up this 2000. Did the spark plugs, those were fun.. Half the boots stayed on. But got it done. Changed all the fluids out head to toe. Air filter , fuel filter, etc. I use Amsoil in everything I own, and I'm also an Amsoil independent dealer. The interior is like new, and I used Leather Honey for cleaning, and conditioning. It works!

The current mods it has is Roof rack, PIAA led lights front rear. Metal Tech stage one links upper lower, Dough Tholey headers, 275/70/18. I just ordered a front skid plate, still has AHC system so once that dies I may get aftermarket suspension.

View attachment 2903894

View attachment 2903895

View attachment 2903896

View attachment 2903897
Those amsoil bags are sweet. I can see how they would make it much easier to squeeze oil into the diffs! Any before/after photos of the leather conditioned?

Yes those squeezable bags are sweet. They were out of the 80/90 so I had to get QT size bottles, I just used a screw on 1 qt hand pump and got it done with no mess. I don't have pics of before / after of the leather. The leather is still like new, it was just a bit dry. This conditioner really did a great job.

Those amsoil bags are sweet. I can see how they would make it much easier to squeeze oil into the diffs! Any before/after photos of the leather conditioned?
To piggy back this, just did my fluids this weekend. The bagged gear oil is one thousand times better than the bottles. Front diff went in with minimal spillage. Few drops turning the nozzle into the fill. Can always use the hose, but this worked just fine for me. T case and rear diff are easy either way, but the front was a game changer

If AMS oil is not available consider The Valvoline Flexfil
1643038119323.png

View attachment 2903894

View attachment 2903895

View attachment 2903896

View attachment 2903897
Sweet looking truck and looks like it came from a caring owner and has come into your caring hands! The AHC you have is far (no exaggeration) superior to any aftermarket offerings. I have two 100s, one with AHC and one without and AHC is just miles ahead when it comes to handling the weight of the truck, ride quality, controlling the sway, avoiding the sagging rear with extra weight, etc. etc. And that 2.5" of lift on command is just an icing on the cake.
It is actually very cost effective to maintain, as long as you get the parts from correct sources and follow the advice here on the forum.

Oil change (234K), replaced fan clutch after the old one was seized, and swapped all 8 plugs and ignition coils. Fires up strong and purrs like a kitten. Finished it all off with a quick spray of the engine bay.

IMG_20220123_140353.jpg
IMG_20220123_150957.jpg

Found cracks in 4/8 coils. All from the inner cylinders.

IMG_20220123_151315__01.jpg

Driver side plugs in order front to rear

IMG_20220123_154711.jpg

Passenger side plugs in order rear to front. The second plug was difficult to get out and needed some liquid wrench to help it out. Was really worried it was gonna snap off and leave me stranded.

IMG_20220123_165846.jpg
IMG_20220123_171747.jpg

Last edited:
<delete>

Not just in the last week but, just before the holidays, I fitted the Sherpa "Oxford" Rack. I chose this one because of all the brands this one was the only one with ZERO painted steel and was all Anodized Aluminium and Stainless Steel. Added one extra cross member to the regular set.

IMG_1732.jpg

Not just in the last week but, just before the holidays, I fitted the Sherpa "Oxford" Rack. I chose this one because of all the brands this one was the only one with ZERO painted steel and was all Anodized Aluminium and Stainless Steel. Added one extra cross member to the regular set.

View attachment 2904576
.... and, just missed the precise moment but, the good news is that it is finally broken/run in and now we can start using it seriously!

IMG_1774.JPG

Cool rack. Your body panels want to know what beef you have with painted steel!

Removed the led turn signals and added floods instead (still need to wire it up). Took some trimming to the led mounts but came out pretty good. Looking to add some rubber to cover the gap between the light and bumper

View attachment 2903451
What did you use to fill the gap between the metal bumper and body?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom