What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I replaced my brake hoses with Slee stainless lines and I flushed the brake fluid. I replace the springs with Kings and I installed Ironman 30mm spacers to keep my AHC pressures in check for an AHC lift. I installed Trail Tailor extended sway bar links. I also changed my oil and shipped a sample off to Blackstone to be tested.

One embarrassing thing I did this past week...
I was getting ready to drive out of town, and I was checking everything over. I needed to add a little bit of coolant to the radiator, so I quickly grabbed a gallon jug from the garage that I had stored in a generic gallon jug. As I started to pour it, I thought, "That's odd. It looks more orange than usual." I just chalked it up to the lighting and kept pouring. As I finished topping the radiator off, I read the bottle. Degreaser! Boy oh boy, did I feel like an idiot. I guess that's what I get for rushing. So, after all the other work I did, I also drained and flushed the coolant system.
At least you caught your mistake, and at least you have removed all of that pesky radiator grease! 😀

Got my cruiser towed. Saddest day of my cruiser life...

View attachment 2877554

We were wheelin' around in the snow. Got into a ditch doing a u-turn and when climbing out heard a god-awful snap, whine and clunk coming from front end area. 4-Lo but the CDL was off (I just forgot to turn it on, didn't need it for where we were so I guess I just never thought about it). Truck wouldn't move, just whine, spin and clunk noises. Turned on CDL and climbed the rest of the way out of the ditch. Limped back to camp with a clunk/chunk noise every few rotations then limped to gas station (about 3-4 miles from camp area) with the noise getting louder.

Plan to dig into it this week. Fingers crossed it's only a shaft or splines but the noise pattern makes me think it's the diff. I've been reading up on front diff threads but any suggestions on the order of teardown to find the issue?

Cheers,
rjones

Thanks to anyone who posted. Dug into this over xmas break. Flanges, c-clip and splines were just fine. Drained the diff oil and found:

Diff_Drain.JPG

Pulled the cv's out and then the diff to find broken ring:

Ring_Broken.JPG

And broken main(?) pinion:

Pinion_Broken.JPG

Working on options but seem to be running into some supply chain shortages... Who knew?? ;);)

Cheers!
rjones

Curious what app you're using there?

I've been using Torque Pro for a while, but I've only seen voltage at the ECU.
It’s called the “OBD Fusion”, its downloadable at the App Store for free. If you want other functions like the AT gear status and Trans temps you have to purchase the MY pack for your Lc/Lx for I think for $9 to get those PIDs activated.

Any recommendations on which obd sending unit to purchase to use with this app?
I tried other obd2 wireless dongles before but none worked. I then reached out to the software developer of “OBD FUSION” and pointed me to this dongle:

Amazon product ASIN B06XTP3HDG
Its been more than a year now and had good luck with it so this is what I’d recommend based from experience.

I tried other obd2 wireless dongles before but none worked. I then reached out to the software developer of “OBD FUSION” and pointed me to this dongle:

Amazon product ASIN B06XTP3HDG
Its been more than a year now and had good luck with it so this is what I’d recommend based from experience.
Bought the dongle on Amazon. Thanks!
The app is no longer Downloadable for free though. It’s $9.99 but might be worth it.

The app is no longer Downloadable for free though. It’s $9.99 but might be worth it.
It was free on the Google Play store. Haven't tried it out yet, so no idea of in-app purchases.

Reactions: LCT
I tested positive for Covid right after New Year’s. So I’ve been holed up at our little cabin in the North Georgia mountains. I feel fortunate for so many reasons. Though I’ve noticed that I’ve started talking to myself. Hopefully that goes away or I really will become a hermit.
3138A842-DDDB-4256-A608-2A32B2873032.jpeg

Today I replaced the transmission wire. I was trying to track down the cause of CEL P2716. Turns out some of the pins on the harness were corroded and/or gone. Luckily I had already purchased a new transmission wire so I got in there and replaced it. So the truck also got 8 new quarts of ATF and a new gasket.

Seems like maybe water got in there and caused it. I don't typically drive through big puddles, creeks, etc., but I did do a little bit of that this fall. That may have been what did it.

As much as I hate problems, it was satisfying to fix and learned a lot. I hopefully won't need to, but I won't shy at dropping the transmission pan again in the future.

20220108_132453.jpg

Well I did it. Got my Loncky leather wheel cover on took about 3 hours, send a bit intimidating at the beginning but once you get the hang of if it’s pretty straightforward. Definitely not going to win any concourse de elegance but it’sa huge step up from the tired leather and wood trimmed wheel. Also adding the cover made just a hair thicker so grip feels good.

F13D1413-AB9B-4535-8A82-727CE52B0F60.jpeg

58B56658-5411-44B6-BFA0-CE042F66308C.jpeg

A37C5B37-8044-4210-91E3-66B3D01C0812.jpeg

A205F058-1F19-4BEF-975E-6FBA646413A4.jpeg

Bought the dongle on Amazon. Thanks!
Oh okay that’s new. Must be a surge on downloads for that app. The app + dongle combination uses wifi connection btw.

Back to topic, got around installing this (Morimoto Elite package: H1 XB bulbs, XB igniters and XB ballasts)
E1D650BA-8431-46DA-8007-EF9C74E3B387.jpeg

1 :banana: install I would say

I tested positive for Covid right after New Year’s. So I’ve been holed up at our little cabin in the North Georgia mountains. I feel fortunate for so many reasons. Though I’ve noticed that I’ve started talking to myself. Hopefully that goes away or I really will become a hermit.View attachment 2887934
Hope you’re on the mend … it’s a bastard even after multiple shots. I talk to myself all the time, best conversations you’ll ever have 😎

Though I’ve noticed that I’ve started talking to myself. Hopefully that goes away or I really will become a hermit.
It’s only a problem when you start answering yourself:)

Installed TRD oil cap and new gas cap. Super happy with the result. Very cheap if you order through Lexus parts website. Very good quality products though.

2839E5F2-C3B6-44E9-8183-7B6189A297BA.jpeg

82D19557-2322-497D-B5EE-D11240F4DCB9.jpeg

0066E41B-17A3-4F24-8039-33EF71A91F30.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom