What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@mdcoa Awesome, thanks for the info! Do you know what the main dimensions of the bracket are? I couldn't find any listed on their site. I am looking for a mount to relocate my winch solenoid box to. Thinking I can use the circuit breaker cutout/holes to mount a blue sea cutoff switch for the winch and the solenoid box to the main section of the bracket. Just need to verify that the main section is large enough.

Owl Expedition (member here) make one as well: 100 Series Land Cruiser and LX470 Accessory Tray - https://owlexpedition.com/collections/100-series-land-cruiser-lx470/products/100-series-land-cruiser-and-lx470-accesory-tray

He goes through batches pretty quickly though, so you kind of have to sign up for a stock alert. Mine's doing exactly what you're describing—

IMG_1693.jpeg

Owl Expedition (member here) make one as well: 100 Series Land Cruiser and LX470 Accessory Tray - https://owlexpedition.com/collections/100-series-land-cruiser-lx470/products/100-series-land-cruiser-and-lx470-accesory-tray

He goes through batches pretty quickly though, so you kind of have to sign up for a stock alert. Mine's doing exactly what you're describing—

View attachment 2885417
@saucebox I've had my eye on that as well, but given the dimensions, I don't believe it will fit both my Superwinch solenoid box and the cutoff switch I am planning. It looks like the OE mount @mdcoa used could accomodate both (crossing fingers it does). If it doesn't, then I may need both mounts!

@saucebox I've had my eye on that as well, but given the dimensions, I don't believe it will fit both my Superwinch solenoid box and the cutoff switch I am planning. It looks like the OE mount @mdcoa used could accomodate both (crossing fingers it does). If it doesn't, then I may need both mounts!

Ah yeah, it definitely won't hold both. My fault for skimming 🙄

The OE (not owl expedition—the other OE) mount is about 9.75x6” it’s got a jog in it so it’s not just a rectangle. Seems like a solenoid and a cutoff switch would both fit. Was already planning to mount a cutoff switch on mine, but haven’t gotten there yet.

Was also thinking of buying the owl expedition one for the winch cutoff—it goes in a completely different location so one could certainly run both….

Never seen a better looking heated seat switch in my life, sadly the harness is fried too. Previous owner told me the seat heaters "didn't work.." 2 months later, I pull them and find the fuse was pulled on-purpose, and I found this.... Looks like little Johnny spilled his mountain dew all over this one a while back lol.

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

Never seen a better looking heated seat switch in my life, sadly the harness is fried too. Previous owner told me the seat heaters "didn't work.." 2 months later, I pull them and find the fuse was pulled on-purpose, and I found this.... Looks like little Johnny spilled his mountain dew all over this one a while back lol.

View attachment 2885482

View attachment 2885483

I'm pretty sure I have a spare heater switch knocking around if you want it. It'd be somewhat involved to re-pin those wires on a new plug, but certainly not impossible.

I'm pretty sure I have a spare heater switch knocking around if you want it. It'd be somewhat involved to re-pin those wires on a new plug, but certainly not impossible.
Much appreciated, I already bought a new switch which i popped in there not plugged in for aesthetics. Do you have the plastic connector that I could re-pin my wires into? Really all I need is the male end of the connector that goes into the switch itself..

Much appreciated, I already bought a new switch which i popped in there not plugged in for aesthetics. Do you have the plastic connector that I could re-pin my wires into? Really all I need is the male end of the connector that goes into the switch itself..

I can look, but I doubt it. What I have came from an eBay console purchase, to replace the one I scratched all to hell. Seller just left in the switches.

I think you'll need 90980-10797 (DS) and/or 90980-10996 (PS) plus a handful of the pre-terminated wires from the dealer. They'll clip into the new connector and then it's just a quick solder job to wire them into a clean portion of the stock wires. It's been a minute since I was in the EWD, so I can't quite locate the part number for the wires.

Edit: I looked—no harness portions here.

Mounted 275/70 Grabber X3's on my $150 set of TRD Tundra's yesterday (FB Marketplace Score).

I ordered Bora spacers Monday, but it sounds like I'm going to be waiting on them for awhile... I really want to knock the spacer/wheel install at the same time, but not if I'm going to be waiting a month or two...

IMG_5564.jpeg

Tackled the dreaded windshield rust over the Xmas and New Year break. Windshield already had a crack from last year and couple small water leaks. Upon removing the windshield it was discovered that like most of these it was not done properly which in most cases causes the rust to develop, no signs of the oem dam and clips used. Also lucky that it hadn’t spread outside this area. Wire wheeled the loose rust, used some carbide cutters to lightly remove heavier spots, several applications of naval jelly and saran wrap over a couple nights to break up the remainder, and again with the carbide tools. Had a couple pinholes and used my welder to fill those in. Luckily I was able to get down to bare metal before removing too much of the base metal (forgot to get a pic of this). Epoxy primed around the pinch weld and top coated the trim mounting surface.

View attachment 2883310

View attachment 2883318

View attachment 2883319

View attachment 2883320

View attachment 2883322
Nice job! A concern for every 100 series owner.

Same, except for my 4th I like to monitor tire pressures. Although I learned recently that only 06 and 07 have tpms.

Is there a code for TPMS on the ScanGauge?

What size Defenders are you running?
Just the factory size. I think these were put on at the dealer by the PO. They’ll be replaced this Spring hopefully. I will say they are whisper quiet.

I can look, but I doubt it. What I have came from an eBay console purchase, to replace the one I scratched all to hell. Seller just left in the switches.

I think you'll need 90980-10797 (DS) and/or 90980-10996 (PS) plus a handful of the pre-terminated wires from the dealer. They'll clip into the new connector and then it's just a quick solder job to wire them into a clean portion of the stock wires. It's been a minute since I was in the EWD, so I can't quite locate the part number for the wires.

Edit: I looked—no harness portions here.
Thanks for the connector part #'s, much appreciated. There's gotta be a part # for the complete harness. I'll dig through some diagrams online, maybe I can find it.

I replaced my brake hoses with Slee stainless lines and I flushed the brake fluid. I replace the springs with Kings and I installed Ironman 30mm spacers to keep my AHC pressures in check for an AHC lift. I installed Trail Tailor extended sway bar links. I also changed my oil and shipped a sample off to Blackstone to be tested.

One embarrassing thing I did this past week...
I was getting ready to drive out of town, and I was checking everything over. I needed to add a little bit of coolant to the radiator, so I quickly grabbed a gallon jug from the garage that I had stored in a generic gallon jug. As I started to pour it, I thought, "That's odd. It looks more orange than usual." I just chalked it up to the lighting and kept pouring. As I finished topping the radiator off, I read the bottle. Degreaser! Boy oh boy, did I feel like an idiot. I guess that's what I get for rushing. So, after all the other work I did, I also drained and flushed the coolant system.

Been doing some miles in the old girl lately, power steering pump done replaced, was screaming every now and then, now it was almost a full time scream, original Toyota item got me through to 350,000km

As soon as that ordeal was over, the alternator has been occasionally lighting up the dash, so I cobbled together the 3 I've got laying around, fingers crossed, but seriously I've got alternator swaps down to about 15 minutes these days

IMG_20220107_110949.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom