What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (41 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice! And the blue hue just magically disappeared and went to anthracite color. What kind of paint sorcery is this?:eek:
Lol I dunno maybe it's getting affected by the cladding and lighting

Yeah, I'd like to know more about this as well. I browsed the 8-9 page thread for it, but it seemed like people were still experimenting to find the right set up.

anyone have a link to this thread - have LCAs to replace wondering if I would be able to address the # 2 bushing from my garage floor or not

Went in to repack the bearings and found this nonsense on the passenger side :mad:
View attachment 2810307

Today I am driving the Jeep :bang:
Lucky that you found it before it destroyed your hub and spindle. I get it that Toyota was trying to make this a field serviceable design but it is a terribly finicky set up!

Thank you. The 100 sure brings a lot of enjoyment off-road. So I try to do everything I can to keep it in tip-top shape between outings. I don't want to have an issue way out in the middle of nowhere.

RuGlyde on bushings is a very old-school trick that goes back (for me) over 50 years to the days of full-service stations that cared for their customer's cars and would check and lubricate bushings during an oil change service.

View attachment 2807088
What are your thoughts between RuGlyde and the Honda Shin Etsu Grease that gets recommended for door seals and such? Would you say each has their own place or they could supplement each other?

Lucky that you found it before it destroyed your hub and spindle. I get it that Toyota was trying to make this a field serviceable design but it is a terribly finicky set up!
IMO the rear axle semi-float is the real pain with the 100. Full float front axle takes maintenance every 30k, which can be annoying, but I'd prefer that to the nightmare that is the rear wheel bearings...

anyone have a link to this thread - have LCAs to replace wondering if I would be able to address the # 2 bushing from my garage floor or not

I did this in my backyard in the dirt( I don't have a garage)... So yes, you definitely can.

Absolutely! That would be astronomically more expensive than replacing a couple of bearings again. I've repacked bearings on several vehicles and many trailers over the years and never had an issue. I replaced the front wheel bearings on the 100 a couple of years ago with Timken outers and Koyo inners (availability issues at the time). At 25k miles since the last repack, the driver side still looked like it was freshly packed with bright red grease and still pulled 7 lbs on the fish scale. Passenger side spun freely but rough. The inner bearing on the passenger side was still bathed in fresh looking red grease, but its getting replaced anyhow. I've had a slight 40mph vibration since getting new tires installed and probably mistakenly assumed it was the tires. I bet the slight vibration was the bearing chewing itself up...

What are your thoughts between RuGlyde and the Honda Shin Etsu Grease that gets recommended for door seals and such? Would you say each has their own place or they could supplement each other?

I use both for different purposes. I really like Shin Etsu Grease for door/window seals and some plastic parts. RuGlyde for under the vehicle rubber. Though I could clean up some very dirty door seals with RuGlyde as a 1st step. Shin Etsu Grease keeps my door seals looking young.

I use both for different purposes. I really like Shin Etsu Grease for door/window seals and some plastic parts. RuGlyde for under the vehicle rubber. Though I could clean up some very dirty door seals with RuGlyde as a 1st step. Shin Etsu Grease keeps my door seals looking young.
Perfect! I kind of figured it was something like that and I appreciate your input.

Picked up a Rhino rack roof rack today. This is the largest size, I think, 84"x56". PO had them mounted on an Excursion. Package deal for rack, awning, Dual jerry can mount, Solar panel, Hi-lift & shovel mount. The size is perfect, IMO. Used heavy duty zip ties to secure it temporarily to bring it home. New mounting feet are on order.

i-5NVLTWr-X2.jpg

i-G638h2v-X2.jpg

The front of the rack comes up just a little past the sunroof. The rear clears the whale tail by about 3" when it is fully opened.

i-FHPPHrn-X2.jpg

i-VTNkchr-X2.jpg

i-VRcCfBp-X2.jpg

i-Wg39fLB-X2.jpg

Picked up a Rhino rack roof rack today. This is the largest size, I think, 84"x56". PO had them mounted on an Excursion. Package deal for rack, awning, Dual jerry can mount, Solar panel, Hi-lift & shovel mount. The size is perfect, IMO. Used heavy duty zip ties to secure it temporarily to bring it home. New mounting feet are on order.

i-5NVLTWr-X2.jpg

i-G638h2v-X2.jpg

The front of the rack comes up just a little past the sunroof. The rear clears the whale tail by about 3" when it is fully opened.

i-FHPPHrn-X2.jpg

i-VTNkchr-X2.jpg

i-VRcCfBp-X2.jpg

i-Wg39fLB-X2.jpg
that's a nice score you got there

My newly replaced lower ball joint had a tear in the boot so I picked up some of this self fusing silicon tape, cleaned the area, applied some new grease and sealed her up. Seems like a pretty good piece of kit to carry around in your gear bag for unexpected rips, tears, leaks, etc. Will see how it holds up.

Amazon product ASIN B000TQEX30

When the fairlead you want is out of stock, you go with what you have in house. It may be a Jeep specific bumper and armor company, but we do make nice fairleads too lol. No winch yet, still looking and planning that, but the front looked bare without something in that area.
What bumper is that?

Finally got around to painting the trim after procrastinating over a year. I think it turned our pretty good. I didnt do much to prep or scuff it up, I just made sure it was really clean and sprayed 2 coats of base, 2 coats of clear.

Do you have a better side-profile shot of it? I have visited their site off and on for a couple months but cant pull the trigger on 26 dollar spray paint. But i'm guessing its worth it.

Gettin after it…only to discover that the 54 mm socket that I ordered from Amazon is more like 57 mm. I made it work for removing the wheel adjustment nuts, but have new ones coming tomorrow that won’t have rounded corners 😆 Alternate socket ordered up and will be here Saturday. This one’s getting returned.

New shocks and hardware along with new sway bar bushings + hardware.

5DEEE797-05AB-4E55-BEB3-980A793DA9F4.jpeg

206F740C-F181-4056-8A89-60BEF85D3F78.jpeg

289BB409-0BDC-43CB-836D-6CBD5F7486D0.jpeg

3DD94D86-2EB2-4701-A952-ADD60D3BEF9D.jpeg

5D7EB7C1-3E20-4F87-9CCB-1C0D0A53A875.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom