What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (16 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

From my experience working in the Off-road industry, everyone pretty much makes the same stuff just slightly different. There are very few companies that actually have a proprietary patented item, it’s usually something technologically that is their proprietary product. Tons of people make coilovers, but the technology inside of them pertaining to valving, travel, and dampening are what makes the product specific to that company. I know of another company that are working on these now, my cruiser is being used to test fit them. I understand where one can be upset about someone making a similar product, but unless they nabbed the entire design by using a product to design from, that’s the industry for you. Competition makes an industry, what you make, how you make it, and how well it works, is what makes you part of that competition.

Our Club's 18th Annual Fall Crawl advisory that GRMS was going to be primary this year pushed me off the procrastination ledge to go GRMS.

I went with the Midland MXT275 VP4, their 15 watt Micromobile package.

tempImageml5Qth.jpg

Used the Rhino Rack folding antenna mount on my Pioneer Platform...

tempImagef8wiZb.jpg

Decided to install the radio in the rear of the rig and ran the microphone extension cord, included in the VP4 package, forward so I can go both ways with the unit. Mobile and I can plug in at the tailgate for Base Station ops if required... The Air Down Gear Up platform wing has worked out very nicely for the installation.

tempImageLjTGEa.jpg

Flipped back in place, you hardly notice the install.

tempImageKryW0W.jpg

Wiring is temporary here until I can get a friend's SWR meter on the radio to make sure my antenna placement is good to go. A special thanks to our Club Radio SME @emorth for his guidance.

Cheers mates,
G

Our Club's 18th Annual Fall Crawl advisory that GRMS was going to be primary this year pushed me off the procrastination ledge to go GRMS.

I went with the Midland MXT275 VP4, their 15 watt Micromobile package.

View attachment 2787914

Used the Rhino Rack folding antenna mount on my Pioneer Platform...

View attachment 2787917

Decided to install the radio in the rear of the rig and ran the microphone extension cord, included in the VP4 package, forward so I can go both ways with the unit. Mobile and I can plug in at the tailgate for Base Station ops if required... The Air Down Gear Up platform wing has worked out very nicely for the installation.

View attachment 2787921

Flipped back in place, you hardly notice the install.

View attachment 2787922

Wiring is temporary here until I can get a friend's SWR meter on the radio to make sure my antenna placement is good to go. A special thanks to our Club Radio SME @emorth for his guidance.

Cheers mates,
G

From the driver seat...

tempImagekmUy11.jpg

From the front with the 3dB Ghost Antenna extended...

tempImageU5Fs44.jpg

I figured something like this would come up, so here’s a few points I have to make. I’m not trying to get into a d*ck measuring contest because y’all seem like a great company with some awesome products, I just want to clear a few things up in case anyone else has questions or doubts:
  1. From what I remember I was one of the first to make a custom interior storage rack for the 100 series back in 2014, as seen in my quoted posts below. I’m not saying I was THE first, but most certainly one of the first few to post on here about it as I don’t remember many people posting them prior to that (except for @jcardona1 who was my inspiration). Then again I’ve never heard of the Kaon rack either

I was far from the first too. I got the idea from LandCruiserPhil who says even he wasn't the first: Attic racks made cheap and easy - 80 series - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/attic-racks-made-cheap-and-easy-80-series.817208/#post-9349526

Come to think of it, the DVS mounting bracket looks eerily similar to what I came up with 9 years ago 🤷

14423267298_66f6712455_b.jpg

aBDrlCK.jpg

Got the 4x4 Labs swingout bumper for my 2000 Cruiser. Took the original bumper off today and found some RUST!!

Gonna have to put some work in on these, hopefully can get them unstuck and save the frame rails from the rust. Good news is the install instructions call for cutting off 2-3" of the rails when mounting.

bolts 2.jpg

bolts.jpg

bolts 3.jpg

Nice! Let us know how you like the Geolander. I'm considering those once my KO2's wear out.

I got 100,000km out of my KM2s before this 🤣🤣 they looked fine, apparently date stamps matter, tire shop said 2009, something I've completely overlooked

I just replaced the side indicators with genuine Toyota items, it lasted a month
IMG_20210917_124157.jpg

IMG_20210917_165637.jpg

IMG_20210917_124150.jpg

Last edited:
Icon_SixSpeed.jpg

Got my Icon SixSpeeds with 285/70/17 BFG KO2s installed last night at Costco. Love the look, no difference I could tell from OEM driving back home last night from noise, handling, comfort. Pretty happy with them, but forgot to setup the spacers with the hub caps and didn't realize that they don't snap-on like the OEM ones and seem to require having them in the wheel already. It's rainy now, so I'll have to take them off to put the caps on later.

Dude those wheels are dope!
Thank you. You don't see too many of these. Same pattern as the more common gloss black/machined silver Tundra wheels, but these come graphite from the factory.

Do you have by any chance a side and corner front/rear picture of your Lx featuring your Rhino Roof Rack?
Per your request. Let me know if you need further views...

IMG_3238.JPG

B0DC8C98-4D18-4981-A93F-EB1E9738D2D3.jpeg

F0B58356-24BF-4BCC-B26E-323CCC1C96F5.jpeg

427BCF68-E86D-433E-BE7F-287FBD835DF0.jpeg

That’s looks great @Eighteen11R thank you. The Pioneer Platform is my favorite so far, I personally like the rounded edges it blends really well with the curves of the 100 series. Btw is that the 100”x62”?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom