What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (50 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A $142 later...

15230F6D-8004-494F-A00B-21B18D41908C.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm limited on my mod funds so this will go down towards the bottom of my list lol
It took me nearly 3 years to decide if I need one or just want one. It was when we drove to San Diego from Vegas, it was 9pm in Cajon Pass and I had to do a full stop because the lighting mods I did (retrofit my headlights and fog lights to Morimoto Projectors) was only good for clear weather conditions, not fog. Couldn’t see anything, felt helpless. That’s when I realized I needed it more than I want it. This fits the bill with all that I wanted in an auxiliary light: compact, powerful, has covers and best of all I can change the lens itself with whatever beam pattern I want based on my need. That said, here it is:
B1AEE375-F24A-48F7-91AB-77766A891471.jpeg

Well I didn't do anything new to the rig, but I did order parts, yay more parts !!!

Seriously, I think I'm just about done rebuilding the front-end. I had issues with loose tie rod ends and broken joints. There was fluid leaking from the tie rods and the whole undercarriage is full of dried up grease everywhere, couple that with the fact that steering racks are usually at end of life (at least mine seems to be) around my mileage (230k) and just didn't want to deal with it later. So, in for a penny, in for a pound and here's what I ordered:

- Steering rack (OEM)
- Tie rods (inner/outer - 555)
- Ball joints (upper/lower - 555)

So it's hurry up and wait now... Thank you guys for all your valuable input...🤙

You will love this--I did this a bit ago. Double check but you likely don't need inner tie rod ends as they come with your OEM rack (ask me how I know this)!

Not much action here lately. But did receive my YotaMD UZJ100 key back the other day. Thanks for a great product @suprarx7nut !
411929F8-6177-4080-A3F7-623E18947EA6.jpeg

$2.729-2.899 in SW Ohio for Regular.

It took me nearly 3 years to decide if I need one or just want one. It was when we drove to San Diego from Vegas, it was 9pm in Cajon Pass and I had to do a full stop because the lighting mods I did (retrofit my headlights and fog lights to Morimoto Projectors) was only good for clear weather conditions, not fog. Couldn’t see anything, felt helpless. That’s when I realized I needed it more than I want it. This fits the bill with all that I wanted in an auxiliary light: compact, powerful, has covers and best of all I can change the lens itself with whatever beam pattern I want based on my need. That said, here it is:View attachment 2786745
I like where you mounted that. Someone in Vegas had a black LX and he installed two square in each side taking the place if the factory turn/fog lights and it looks pretty good as well.

Now you have me thinking

$5 for ~ 200 miles of range in my Chevy Bolt. Roughly.

My trickle charger for my Hundy may cost more, electric bill wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom