What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (47 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced passenger side O2 upstream sensor. Plan on doing driver side upstream this upcoming weekend when i have time. It was pretty obnoxious to do without the proper tools, but an adjustable wrench ended up working out okay.

While working on said O2 sensor, i discovered my passenger side sway bar has rusted off of the link mount… considering it’s probably been like that since I got the truck, and it handles fine for me, I currently don’t see the point in repairing it. I am considering fully removing the sway bar, however.

I’m also due for an oil change pretty soon but that’s nothing big.

Changed all my gear oils yesterday, all was well until the last one(Transfer) when the hose slipped off the bottle and doused me with oil. Seems to happen to me at least once during this kind of service, really need to invest in a good pump. Better yet I wish Mobil would offer a squeeze bottle like Valvoline does, I used theirs for the front diff with a hose and went super smooth and faster than a pierced bottle. Ended up filling an empty squeeze bottle with mobil to finish the transfer.

...all was well until the last one(Transfer) when the hose slipped off the bottle and doused me with oil. Seems to happen to me at least once during this kind of service, really need to invest in a good pump...
Misery loves company. I am usually swimming in some sort of oil anytime I attempt maintenance.

Changed all my gear oils yesterday, all was well until the last one(Transfer) when the hose slipped off the bottle and doused me with oil. Seems to happen to me at least once during this kind of service, really need to invest in a good pump. Better yet I wish Mobil would offer a squeeze bottle like Valvoline does, I used theirs for the front diff with a hose and went super smooth and faster than a pierced bottle. Ended up filling an empty squeeze bottle with mobil to finish the transfer.
I made the switch to the Valvoline squeeze bottles for everything with the last change. I do a lot of water and mud crossings, so I change fluids more frequently than most. The pouch bottles sure make life easy.

I made the switch to the Valvoline squeeze bottles for everything with the last change. I do a lot of water and mud crossings, so I change fluids more frequently than most. The pouch bottles sure make life easy.
Nice, they are pretty awesome, the parts store here only had two of those in stock so I got them for the front. Kept the bags so in the future if I can’t get enough I’ll just refill those for another use or two with Mobil or similar.

Got bored and decided to prep my front end for my Ironman 4x4 classic off road bumper which will be here in October 😆

Degreased the area, wire wheeled any surface rust, and then sprayed with Krylon Rust Protector semi-gloss black.

View attachment 2791352

View attachment 2791353

View attachment 2791354

Just got a call from Matt at Ironman 4x4 USA and he said they received an unexpected shipping container this morning. In it were some bumpers and they're able to fulfill my order much sooner than the original ETA of mid-October. Super stoked! The free shipping sends it to a transportation hub in downtown Phoenix--about 40 min. away from where I live. The other options were to have it sent to a local business near me (I don't have any connections/hook-ups, so this does me no good) or have it dropped in my driveway for $70. I choose the FREE option ;). It'll be a tight fit, but with the lower half of the tail gate open, I think I can get the unwrapped Ironman bumper in the back of my Cruiser and get it home.

Just got a call from Matt at Ironman 4x4 USA and he said they received an unexpected shipping container this morning. In it were some bumpers and they're able to fulfill my order much sooner than the original ETA of mid-October. Super stoked! The free shipping sends it to a transportation hub in downtown Phoenix--about 40 min. away from where I live. The other options were to have it sent to a local business near me (I don't have any connections/hook-ups, so this does me no good) or have it dropped in my driveway for $70. I choose the FREE option ;). It'll be a tight fit, but with the lower half of the tail gate open, I think I can get the unwrapped Ironman bumper in the back of my Cruiser and get it home.
Wrapped ARB fits nicely with rear seats folded and no 3rd row ;)

On Monday they were in stock... I almost bought one.

but that doesn't mean they are.

Nice, they are pretty awesome, the parts store here only had two of those in stock so I got them for the front. Kept the bags so in the future if I can’t get enough I’ll just refill those for another use or two with Mobil or similar.
sorry for the dumb question, replacing diff fluid x 2 right front and back? or is there another case i need to drain and refill?

Yep. I collect the small amount of leftover on one of the bags. Then use that as the starter bag on the next fill job. I've been ordering by the case from Amazon.

I may use one of the bags to dispense some Redline MT-90 into one of my manual transmissions with brass synchros.

Wrapped ARB fits nicely with rear seats folded and no 3rd row ;)
Check me here, but as I test fit my stock bumper, I have some wiggle room to account for the width of the new Ironman bumper and also the height with the hoops factored in. Obviously the bumper will have to be mostly unwrapped, but I think with a thick movers blanket draped over the folded second row seats, I should be good.

DA3C0F21-F77B-420E-AD9F-6FA9E24DFA7A.jpeg

ECB8A4CE-09A2-461F-B575-F91A0AFB1985.jpeg

AB6841FB-7D47-4E31-93AA-364C81AFB7AD.jpeg

sorry for the dumb question, replacing diff fluid x 2 right front and back? or is there another case i need to drain and refill?
As clayinho stated, you can use the same weight for front, rear and transfer case. I used 75w90 buy 7 quarts and have you'll about 1/2 or more of one left, if I remember right front is 1.6, rear is 3.3, transfer is 1.3 but just fill on level ground until it starts coming out the fill plug holes. The front is a bitch due to access so get a few feet of clear tubing(3/8" i think.) so you can route from an area you can get the bottle in. I used the squeeze bags from valvoline there from the passenger wheel well area. The facts page has some great right ups for these including the part numbers for the crush washers and stuff.

As clayinho stated, you can use the same weight for front, rear and transfer case. I used 75w90 buy 7 quarts and have you'll about 1/2 or more of one left, if I remember right front is 1.6, rear is 3.3, transfer is 1.3 but just fill on level ground until it starts coming out the fill plug holes. The front is a bitch due to access so get a few feet of clear tubing(3/8" i think.) so you can route from an area you can get the bottle in. I used the squeeze bags from valvoline there from the passenger wheel well area. The facts page has some great right ups for these including the part numbers for the crush washers and stuff.
This is perfect thank you. I'm not sure when PO had this changed out so I figure might as well do it just want sure how many etc

Check me here, but as I test fit my stock bumper, I have some wiggle room to account for the width of the new Ironman bumper and also the height with the hoops factored in. Obviously the bumper will have to be mostly unwrapped, but I think with a thick movers blanket draped over the folded second row seats, I should be good.
If you put the pass seat forward all the way, and bring a crate in back about the same height as the middle folded row, you can set the bumper horizontal instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom