What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (87 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Obligatory running board delete. Hole patching on rear cross members. Coat of rust oleum on the frame. New gas tank and fuel lines and got the RW Wheels mounted. Also, a little vinyl on the faded trim! Trim and wheels is all I did. Left the rest to the professionals.

20B823DE-D7AA-470B-8BDC-C4AF4ABBC601.jpeg

1F00B740-FBEF-4B6E-91E5-2FAC59C5AEFB.jpeg

DEC7A19C-31F2-4635-B584-4359232278A9.jpeg

Replaced rear driver side door lock actuator motor. I am 3/5 of the way done with these. (Driver, Rear Hatch, Driver Rear)

And....I just realized I didn't put the cables back in the little retainer. It's impossible to find good help. I have yet to do a single one of these without forgetting something and having to take the door panel back off. I need to make a checklist.

PXL_20210919_035406058.jpg

Old motor on right. New one on left. Spiral gear thing that goes on the shaft is in my hand.
PXL_20210919_030941872.jpg

PXL_20210919_030921465.jpg

Also installed some MetalTech sliders this week. I picked them up used here on the forum, (thanks Tanner H).

I took a little time generously sanding around the damaged powder coat areas, then applied primer and three coats of satin black Rust-oleum. Topped them off with some sand tape for easy grip and wear protection.

Now I can attempt a few more trails with less concern of damaging the lower edges, besides I like using them as a step for entry (instead of the door sill) after the lift.

4D8506F7-D888-44BD-B428-0528D2E19CF7.jpeg

309ACEF1-1B6D-4F91-9711-4D6537DF0818.jpeg

It took me nearly 3 years to decide if I need one or just want one. It was when we drove to San Diego from Vegas, it was 9pm in Cajon Pass and I had to do a full stop because the lighting mods I did (retrofit my headlights and fog lights to Morimoto Projectors) was only good for clear weather conditions, not fog. Couldn’t see anything, felt helpless. That’s when I realized I needed it more than I want it. This fits the bill with all that I wanted in an auxiliary light: compact, powerful, has covers and best of all I can change the lens itself with whatever beam pattern I want based on my need. That said, here it is:View attachment 2786745
I wish there was a retro fit option to replace the factory fogs with these.

I wish there was a retro fit option to replace the factory fogs with these.
I think @BenCC already has something for the LC to retrofit an aftermarket LED fog lights, for LX I think there is one too in the makings, let’s just wait for his update.

065FA948-3ABC-4EB1-BCE9-2A310024D1FA.jpeg

Taken a few days ago, I like how the covers are giving out a not so orange-ish output but more of a yellow hue that is mild on the eyes which is very effective on foggy conditions. This is btw spot+flood combo so definitely only to be used when there are no oncoming vehicles or during heavy fog conditions only.

Got bored and decided to prep my front end for my Ironman 4x4 classic off road bumper which will be here in October 😆

Degreased the area, wire wheeled any surface rust, and then sprayed with Krylon Rust Protector semi-gloss black.

D136D90E-9B55-410D-AA3C-70077554F061.jpeg

101FF688-D69F-4597-B4F6-A0C41D6815BB.jpeg

AB6ECE33-5687-4BFF-8495-5EFC6D684D12.jpeg

I plan to touch up my grille as well. Misc parts including my son’s running boards from his ‘06 4Runner SR5.

2FBD7AD8-FCA9-438A-A806-125D17B8D96C.jpeg

Since you have time to wait to see the paint dry, the instructions also say to paint this section black :rofl:
You're referring to the flat piece that runs horizontally in front of the radiator stay and is riveted just below the corner lamps, right? I remember watching some videos that said to paint that satin black. Mine has a lot of chips and small surface rust spots--presumably from dirt and debris getting trapped in there and rubbing through the paint. I'm open to it, but I guess I've never seen pics up close enough to know whether the factory paint sticks out abnormally to justify painting it black to match the new bumper.

You're referring to the flat piece that runs horizontally in front of the radiator stay and is riveted just below the corner lamps, right? I remember watching some videos that said to paint that satin black. Mine has a lot of chips and small surface rust spots--presumably from dirt and debris getting trapped in there and rubbing through the paint. I'm open to it, but I guess I've never seen pics up close enough to know whether the factory paint sticks out abnormally to justify painting it black to match the new bumper.
Yes. I posted a picture. It took a while for it to load up the pic. I haven't painted it either, at least for now. I think it is more for the bumper and body edge to look more seamless. More visual than functional, IMO.

Yes. It's the flange. It's cosmetic.

Yes. I posted a picture. It took a while for it to load up the pic. I haven't painted it either, at least for now. I think it is more for the bumper and body edge to look more seamless. More visual than functional, IMO.
Ah, now I see your pic. Nice outline 😄 I think your pic should be included in the instructions! I think I’ll paint it.

$5 for ~ 200 miles of range in my Chevy Bolt. Roughly.

My trickle charger for my Hundy may cost more, electric bill wise.
Plus, now you got a new and free battery to look forward too!

Nice! Let us know how you like the Geolander. I'm considering those once my KO2's wear out.
Just FYI: Got 48K miles off the Geolanders (265/75-16). Primarily highway. They got louder and harsher after 30K, but seemed like a good tire for the price.
Giving Cooper Discoverers a try now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom