What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (63 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Did you vinyl the wood trim? I want to do that with all the wood
Mine didn’t come with wood trim…it came with the blue marbled stuff. I read all the threads about removing it and it comes off easy for some and for others it’s a chore. My daughter was cleaning the inside, noticed it was peeling off and started messing with one of the vent pieces, so I gave her a super flexible putty knife and she got obsessed and removed all of it. The adhesive just peeled off with your fingers, she didn’t need to use any solvents. I love the clean look of it now on the dash, but I do wish the window switch panels were black instead of gray…but still looks way better regardless
A3FF5F18-9D33-435C-8844-C9E347A0B7A1.jpeg

Added roughly 275 LBS of weight to the rear with a Dobinsons storage unit and reinstalling the OE receiver hitch. This is in addition to the additional 200 lbs from the Dobinsons rear bumper. With the Heavy Duty Dobinsons springs and IMS shocks, it rides like a luxury SUV. I still have the amount of rake that I like.

I'll most likely add another 200 lbs of tools and stuff to carry around. In my case, the Heavy Duty springs were a good choice.

1626009315127.png

1626009387925.png

1626009509877.png

Not sure why I decided to do this today and at the time that I did, under the blazing sun and 90 degree weather. But I decided to *try* and buff out the deep pin striping that looked like an angry ex would leave. The compound I used had little effect on the deep scratches but ultimately worked better on the finer ones.

My end goal was not to sit under the blazing sun “detailing” the paint but more so removing the obvious brush scratches along the sides. Here’s how it turned out:

Driver Side BEFORE:
View attachment 2727497

Driver Side AFTER:
View attachment 2727504

Passenger Side BEFORE;
View attachment 2727508

Passenger Side AFTER:
View attachment 2727509
I need to do the same. What pad did you use? Wool or foam?

200k oil change (sample sent to BlackStone) and F/R diff oil changed. Still runs like new.

Mine didn’t come with wood trim…it came with the blue marbled stuff. I read all the threads about removing it and it comes off easy for some and for others it’s a chore. My daughter was cleaning the inside, noticed it was peeling off and started messing with one of the vent pieces, so I gave her a super flexible putty knife and she got obsessed and removed all of it. The adhesive just peeled off with your fingers, she didn’t need to use any solvents. I love the clean look of it now on the dash, but I do wish the window switch panels were black instead of gray…but still looks way better regardless View attachment 2727828
personally I kinda like what you have more, makes it look so much cleaner

This week, a super-exciting NEW BATTERY. Pretty sure my failing alternator last winter/ spring probably put a little more stress on the ol' Duralast than it was meant to endure. It duralasted for exactly three years, by the sticker, though, so... eh. Not a fun spend, but needed doing. Hopefully that'll be the last electrical system junk that HAS to be done for a while.

After rattle-canning my 4X4Labs rear bumper my son and I took our respective rigs (1998 4Runner and 2003 LX470) on an off road cruise, just to see how they behaved. I’ve got a lot of learning to do about risk (chose caution over bravado) and will return to wheel another day. To be honest, I never intended to build a rock crawler, but the expo vehicle I did want is getting closer and closer to realization. Time to use it.

1B98CDB8-D73C-48E5-8546-7983F4254E69.jpeg

8879289F-8C9F-483B-8CD4-53E3DCC274DD.jpeg

1A3EB348-14D3-4825-9B2D-6A027BCE6891.jpeg

Put this Blue Ridge Overland Gear seat panel on a while ago and finally took some pictures. Their car seats have cup holders but its never enough and they're kinda in the way. we use the named pouches for toys and fun stuff for the car (usually kid binoculars, compass, and that kind of stuff) and snacks in the clear pouch. Helps keep them independent and occupied during the many hours we spend on the road or trails. You can fit quite a lot in these, plus its a local company!
IMG-6939.jpg

Did the cabin air filter yesterday and today on my ‘07. Not difficult but a pain to clean 22 years and 153,000 miles of crap off the condenser using a tooth brush and forceps

915AAEBA-3F73-430B-A9B8-40FE977545A0.jpeg

8F06FF41-AE6D-48BC-B410-0DD4DA566590.jpeg

FAA67D87-871C-456B-8FA2-66E588D65254.jpeg

Put this Blue Ridge Overland Gear seat panel on a while ago and finally took some pictures. Their car seats have cup holders but its never enough and they're kinda in the way. we use the named pouches for toys and fun stuff for the car (usually kid binoculars, compass, and that kind of stuff) and snacks in the clear pouch. Helps keep them independent and occupied during the many hours we spend on the road or trails. You can fit quite a lot in these, plus its a local company!
View attachment 2729367
Info on your local company please

half banana job done today by installing some Well Visors which I'm still debating on if I like them or not. I didn't realize it blocks some of the vision on the A-pillar when driving when I bought them.
IMG_6963.JPG

IMG_6964.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom