What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (31 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got around to putting new front shocks on. FOX Performance Series 2.0 and man doView attachment 2727229 they float great going down the road. Rotated the tires while I was at it. Going to make a go of the rear shocks in the next couple weeks, FOX Performance Series 2.0 Remote Reservoir
At what price are front and rear shock absorbers

My battery finally took a dump earlier this week, it was the battery that came with the LX when I bought it a few years ago, so I knew this day would come. Went to Costco to pick up a new battery and I realized then that the battery that came with the LX wasn't even the right size. The size I had in it was a Group 24, and the correct size was 27. Ok, no big deal, bought a new one, then as I was taking off the battery tie down it started to crumble from the overly oxidized stuff from the old battery.
So I ordered a new tie down, and wow, what a difference. I never knew my old tie down was deteriorating. 1/4 of one banana job
View attachment 2731645
View attachment 2731646
View attachment 2731647
Mind posting up the part number? Not sure why, but mine is also horribly deteriorating.

Mind posting up the part number? Not sure why, but mine is also horribly deteriorating.
C36C1D12-3000-4019-85C6-3FB9529C42ED.jpeg

half banana job done today by installing some Well Visors which I'm still debating on if I like them or not. I didn't realize it blocks some of the vision on the A-pillar when driving when I bought them.
View attachment 2729596
View attachment 2729597
I recently purchased them also and on the fence as well. I mainly got them because it rains a lot here in the PNW but also wasn't prepared for the impact it had on my vision, especially out on trails and poking your head out. Is it just mine, but are they also a tad purple/blue-ish tinted in the sun? Was hoping they'd be just... black..

I'm in the process of getting my truck "road worthy" in the state of MD which requires a safety inspection. I've been pleasantly surprised that the report came back with only needing front pads & rotors, right CV, and a new muffler (hole in the current).
I've picked up OEM brakes and the CV + muffler from Advance for $500 so far. I'm hoping my local mechanic can knock it out this weekend.

Hate to be that guy, but ceramic coating won’t do anything for preventing future pin stripes. Vinyl or PPF is pretty much your only real option.
@clrussell

It's hard to see the pearl gloss in pictures that I make with my cell phone. I want to share a simple "low cost" fast trick that I use to keep pinstripes away from the pearl paint.

Start with a clean truck. Then I spend roughly 30 minutes giving the paint a quick rub down with Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax. It's easy to use. It protects black plastic and trim. It lasts about a month. It goes off-roading once a month. The paint is slick so that tree branches bounce off the paint without digging in. It seals up a porous automotive finish with a fresh coat of synthetic wax. Other synthetic quick waxes like Eagle also work well.

It's just a commitment that I make prep the vehicle each time that I get ready for some off-road fun.

@TheForger has seen it in person and knows how I go through the pre-trail regimen.

Maybe this picture shows the pearl gloss.
1626359882794.png

Last edited:
In the past I've used some of the consumer-level ceramic coat products with pretty solid results. Ceramic tends to last longer and be more effective than wax, though it's mostly about how long it lasts. I've had mine last six months before needing to be addressed again. It definitely didn't help against major pinstripes, but those were going to happen anyway. The small ones, though, it definitely helped with. The protective layer would get damaged, but that's as far as it got.

I think with wax or ceramic coats, the key is putting a thin layer of protectant between the paint and the tree branches, brush, mud, dirt, etc. I'm not sure it makes it any more "slippery" for the brush to slide off of, though I doubt it. It does help protect it, but if there's a particularly big or stubborn branch, you're taking that damage either way.

Just the cost of taking these things to cool places.

Finally got around to putting new front shocks on. FOX Performance Series 2.0 and man doView attachment 2727229 they float great going down the road. Rotated the tires while I was at it. Going to make a go of the rear shocks in the next couple weeks, FOX Performance Series 2.0 Remote Reservoir
I might be tempted to try these on my son's 2000 LC. Can you share P/N and/or specs of what model fox shocks you're using?

Finished installing LED bulbs in the car as well as installed LED low beams in the LX as well as applying amber tint on the lower fog light/turn signal assembly. I managed to unbolt the passenger side but the driver’s side outer one the nut just spun in place so o had to apply the film with the housing on the bumper.

97520BE1-8008-40FB-A120-0D2737536FD9.jpeg

0BE4C599-AC9F-49A2-9AC2-98F7140E233F.jpeg

Adjusted the kickdown cable and did the pin 7 mod to start the weekend. Heat shrunk the connector so it can be reinstated if needed. Very straightforward if anyone else is thinking about doing it!

20210717_092729.jpg

20210717_095504.jpg

20210717_092356.jpg

I might be tempted to try these on my son's 2000 LC. Can you share P/N and/or specs of what model fox shocks you're using?
The fronts are 985-24-066. The rears are for a 2nd Gen Tundra though they are within a 1/4” of spec to the rear with similar valving. The part number for rears are 985-24-115. Both sets are applicable for 0”-1” lift total. The non reservoir UZJ100 rear part number is 985-24-124.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom