What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (37 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Moab "Weekend-landing" 2021. Our 5th year. It was Easter Jeep Safari Week so we tried some new trails--Moab was packed with Jeeps. Swasey Cabin Trail was a blue moderate. Tons of fun. Tough section at the end but the 100 did fine. Very cool driving under I-70 and then over it to head home, looking down. Long Canyon Trail was easy as usual. The Pucker Pass portion was washed out so I'd be curious to see what types of rigs were making it up that. The rest of the time we just hit 40-50 miles of country back roads which honeslty is our favorite part. Nobody around for miles and miles. I've got video driving under the I-70 Arch Bridges if you'd like it posted.
AirDown2021.jpg
I70ArchBridges.jpg
PuckerPass.jpg

Oil & filter change, new Bosch Icon wipers (which I LOVE so far), and new Trail Tailor rear LCA’s. Bought them uncoated so I sprayed them with VHT epoxy paint and I think they came out great! Hard to tell the difference between this and powdercoat. Hoping it holds up well. Also replaced the straight grease zerk on the Johnny Joint to a 45° to make it easier to get a grease gun in there (@OwnerCS idea). So far they feel great!

View attachment 2634484

View attachment 2634483

This is a 232,769 mile rear LCA bushing. Doesn’t look that bad at first glance but if you apply strain to the metal sleeve you can see the cracking and separation

View attachment 2634486
How do you like the Tough dog set up?

How do you like the Tough dog set up?
Overall - it’s not terrible but it does have its faults. Currently discussing suspensions setups over pm with a couple other members. More specifically Dobinsons IMS/MRA vs Tough Dog. The problem I have is there’s no significant weight in the back of my truck (aside from recovery gear, a subwoofer box, and my interior rack) so the rear end can be very bouncy at time when unloaded regardless of what setting the rear shocks are on. Now loaded down with gear/trailer/boat it rides amazing, but I hate having to sacrifice ride quality when I get to my destination and unload the weight. I drove one of these guys trucks with the Dobinsons setup + rear bumper recently and it drove like a dream! The Dobinsons MRA rears have separate LSC, HSC, & rebound adjustment, as opposed to Tough Dog only having rebound.

TL;DR - if I were to do it again I’d go Dobinsons.

Overall - it’s not terrible but it does have its faults. Currently discussing suspensions setups over pm with a couple other members. More specifically Dobinsons IMS/MRA vs Tough Dog. The problem I have is there’s no significant weight in the back of my truck (aside from recovery gear, a subwoofer box, and my interior rack) so the rear end can be very bouncy at time when unloaded regardless of what setting the rear shocks are on. Now loaded down with gear/trailer/boat it rides amazing, but I hate having to sacrifice ride quality when I get to my destination and unload the weight. I drove one of these guys trucks with the Dobinsons setup + rear bumper recently and it drove like a dream! The Dobinsons MRA rears have separate LSC, HSC, & rebound adjustment, as opposed to Tough Dog only having rebound.

Thank you for answering im reqdy for suspension just wasnt sure what way to go.

Playing around with front shocks. Removing the OME 60000’s with OEM for some R&D since they’re so cheap. Will sell the OEMs on here and give someone a good deal after my research is done. Even though I have a front bumper and full skid plates I’ve heard that you can find a sweet spot with the OEM shocks on a set up. I also have SPC UCA’s and Slee Diff Drop. Curiosity got the best of me and I like to tinker.

C74D1517-39AF-4C06-9980-1763EF3E2DA2.jpeg

I have OME springs and Tough Dog shocks. I run around pretty empty most of the time, and on road with 7 clicks it’s pretty firm - never bouncy. I usually run at 2 when off pavement to get the best ride. What springs are you running?

I finished off my dual battery set up. Installed this smart switch which disconnects the two once the starter battery drops below 12.8 volts. Built a bracket.

1617574037729.jpeg

1617574151019.jpeg
1617574100809.jpeg

What springs are you running?
I have the IronMan TOY025C, which to be fair are constant load springs and do like weight. The rebound control on the TD rears is nice but I would also like to be able to control compression.

Finally upgraded my bluetooth situation. So much better!

1617580357345.png

Amazon product ASIN B00M0T2N7M
4096E495-618B-444C-9B79-14E1C01FF764.jpeg

Mounted the control box in the glove box for access in case I ever need to reprogram.

9E1D6BE0-0181-4783-A38C-D0B0204A2DA1.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom