What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (61 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All put back together.

20210320_171836.jpg

20210320_173819.jpg

20210320_175950.jpg

Did a three beers job today...
Replaced radiator, hood supports, and A/C hub bearing.
I have this job coming up soon so I'm just curious - What was your tool of choice to get that snap ring on/off? From what i've seen here a pick tool is recommended, but you probably had an easier go at it with the radiator out.

I have this job coming up soon so I'm just curious - What was your tool of choice to get that snap ring on/off? From what i've seen here a pick tool is recommended, but you probably had an easier go at it with the radiator out.
Just a pair that has interchangable tips. Radiator being out made way easy. I was surprised the hub slid right off with no effort.

Did the amp bypass for my radio. No more humming noise and no more sharing my music with my neighbors at volume 4.

I used this cable bundle: Amazon product ASIN B085FY6MXW
And I used this diagram for reference: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/DIY/Audio_LX470.pdf

Also dropped my blower fan to figure out what was making noise. This little piece of vegetation was annoying me for the past 2 years:
View attachment 2622039

I had a similar issue un Blue. Decided to pull out the blower motor and found this!
20210321_120805.jpg

I really liked the Diode Dynamics but their SS3 pods measured out a hair too big. I actually printed out the drawings at full scale, cut them out, and held them up to the LX to determine fit. You can see that the DD are about a 1/4” bigger than the BD. View attachment 2585999

I really liked the look of the lights on the LX with the heads-up display and I figured if Lexus put them out there they wouldn’t block any necessarily airflow. I figured lights in other locations would block some air.

View attachment 2586000

The grill cut really easily with a sharp serrated knife.

View attachment 2586001

I had to use a 1x1 square aluminum tube as an extension for the longest wrench I had. I taped the bolt to the wrench and carefully slipped it through the 3/8” hole I drilled in the metal bumper beam.

View attachment 2586002

View attachment 2586006
I used a level to get them straight and lined up before I tightened the nuts and bolts. They are inaccessible after the bumper is reinstalled.
I am seriously considering to do this too. Did you get the sport / pro / max SS3? We drove through Cajun pass at night in San Bernardino CA and wife was driving, it scared the hell out of her, we couldn’t see anything because of the dense fog. I am running 55watts 6000k MiniH1 Morimoto projector clear lenses on my headlights and and Matchbox 2.0 35watts on the factory foglights and the light isn’t piercing through the white fog. I think I need an auxiliary yellow light that can do the job. Any output shots at night?

My 100 got a much needed bath after being ignored all winter while I restored a 40th. Nice family photo in the sun.

Wow! Great looking collection 👍

where did you get these?

Bug shield is an OMAC Dark Bug Shield Hood Deflector Guard Bonnet Protector for Lexus LX470 1998-2007 × 1 -- Note the instructions are in Cyrillic I followed the pictures.

Wellvisors.

Edit/Update:

Took a couple readings tonight to follow up on this.

Wife came home and parked the vehicle. It had been driven for 20 miles at highway speed. I let it sit for 10 minutes and then went and looked at the pressure. It had dropped to about 36 psi.

View attachment 2615507

I then cranked the engine and let it idle for a few minutes before recording the pressure (about 40 psi).

View attachment 2615511
Thanks for doing and sharing. Did the same thing to mine this weekend. Running around 50lb, so I may have pressure regulator issue. But at least I know now.

Thanks for doing and sharing. Did the same thing to mine this weekend. Running around 50lb, so I may have pressure regulator issue. But at least I know now.

Maybe not. Depends on the temperature, altitude, accuracy of the gauge. Mine.... when first installed and checked (cold start up), read 46 psi, so not far off from yours. After a lengthy drive it settled to about 40 psi.

First gauge check (cold)

fuel press6.jpg

After engine warm up and drive:

Fuel Pressure Idle.jpg

I am seriously considering to do this too. Did you get the sport / pro / max SS3? We drove through Cajun pass at night in San Bernardino CA and wife was driving, it scared the hell out of her, we couldn’t see anything because of the dense fog. I am running 55watts 6000k MiniH1 Morimoto projector clear lenses on my headlights and and Matchbox 2.0 35watts on the factory foglights and the light isn’t piercing through the white fog. I think I need an auxiliary yellow light that can do the job. Any output shots at night?
I actually ended up ramming mine in they fit nice imo. I got the max and boy they're bright and a cool wide beam. I welded a little L bracket to the bumper support. They wiggle a bit when I hit bumps but all in all not bad. I also didnt cut the horizontal plastic piece totally out of the left side and it looked better.

IMG_7071.jpg
IMG_7074.jpg

IMG_7078.jpg

Did the amp bypass for my radio. No more humming noise and no more sharing my music with my neighbors at volume 4.

I used this cable bundle: Amazon product ASIN B085FY6MXW
And I used this diagram for reference: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/DIY/Audio_LX470.pdf

Also dropped my blower fan to figure out what was making noise. This little piece of vegetation was annoying me for the past 2 years:
View attachment 2622039
I'm looking to start the amp bypass myself. Did you just pull the wires from the head down to the amp outputs, or did you go all the way to the speakers? I've done stereos, but this is more in depth than I'm used to. Trying to find all the threads about it on here to read up before I start.

I'm looking to start the amp bypass myself. Did you just pull the wires from the head down to the amp outputs, or did you go all the way to the speakers? I've done stereos, but this is more in depth than I'm used to. Trying to find all the threads about it on here to read up before I start.
For my amp bypass I simply cut the wires to/from the amp and connected them as appropriate. Works great no issues on my 98.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom