What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (117 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced my backup camera. Much better compared to the old one.
View attachment 2603347
View attachment 2603349

Also replaced my blinker relay. To get to the OEM relay, remove one screw to move the lower dash trim and use a bunch of extensions attached to a 10mm socket. Sounds simple, but I spent a good 30 minutes or so thinking I could get to it without moving the dash.
View attachment 2603348
No more hyper blinkers.
i was able to get that out without removing anything. it was a fun contortionist game though

They drop ship from the manufacturer, and Doug Thorley says they're out of stock. So unless they have a secret stash somewhere you may be waiting a while (i've been keeping my eyes out for some for a while).
They haven't charge me for the headers yet... We'll see.

Hopefully DT wants to keep their crews busy. :)

Nice! My plastic flap thing still catches on the latches, did you find a way to deal with that?

Not yet. The little plastic furniture sliders in the kit didn't really fit on the bottom of the plastic flap. They only worked while hanging off the edge of the plastic. I tried building them up with VHB tape I had but no luck. I was thinking of gluing in some heavy foam (or wood) blocks into the square recesses on the underside of the flap, so the sliders will have a flat surface to adhere to hang down enough to clear the bolts and latches. I have some felt furniture, stick on sliders that are thicker and may work too.

Going to glue my salvaged carpet on first and see if It slides better/clears the latches then. Maybe use the paper template they sent, to mark the bolt holes on my carpet? Otherwise take the cover off to use a a template. Still cold outside so I probably need to bring the hatch inside to warm up enough for the contact adhesive to properly work.

PXL_20210305_190356381.jpg
PXL_20210305_190502336_2.jpg

Not yet. The little plastic furniture sliders in the kit didn't really fit on the bottom of the plastic flap. They only worked while hanging off the edge of the plastic. I tried building them up with VHB tape I had but no luck. I was thinking of gluing in some heavy foam (or wood) blocks into the square recesses on the underside of the flap, so the sliders will have a flat surface to adhere to hang down enough to clear the bolts and latches. I have some felt furniture, stick on sliders that are thicker and may work too.

Going to glue my salvaged carpet on first and see if It slides better/clears the latches then. Maybe use the paper template they sent, to mark the bolt holes on my carpet? Otherwise take the cover off to use a a template. Still cold outside so I probably need to bring the hatch inside to warm up enough for the contact adhesive to properly work.

View attachment 2604213View attachment 2604214
Keep us posted - I still have not found a good solution to this.

Very curious to hear if you have tried AT tires in similar terrain and if yes, then how they compare with your experience with MT tires.

I run BFG KO2 AT in that same size and last week I was able to negotiate about 18 inches of powder snow and slush a lot more easily with the ATs than some of the other guys running MTs. Here are a few screen grabs from a couple of cell videos.
View attachment 2600454

View attachment 2600455

View attachment 2600456
Sorry for the late reply here.... I previously had a set of BFG all terrains on it and they did a good job, definitely a better job for icy roads than the mud terrains. I like the mud terrains for deep snow, since they can dig in so deep and just keep throwing snow out of the way, where the all terrains would start slipping a bit on me and spinning. Of course the MTs do a much better job for the muddy trails we have up here than the all terrains, so I decided to purchase a new set up mud terrains again.

I am getting the center lugs siped this time to help a bit with traction, since I know a few folks who have good luck going that route running them year round on their Jeeps. I'm actually contemplating getting a set of winter MTs and studding them, but I am spending enough on tires at the moment just replacing this set.

Have a Good One!

Sorry for the late reply here.... I previously had a set of BFG all terrains on it and they did a good job, definitely a better job for icy roads than the mud terrains. I like the mud terrains for deep snow, since they can dig in so deep and just keep throwing snow out of the way, where the all terrains would start slipping a bit on me and spinning. Of course the MTs do a much better job for the muddy trails we have up here than the all terrains, so I decided to purchase a new set up mud terrains again.

I am getting the center lugs siped this time to help a bit with traction, since I know a few folks who have good luck going that route running them year round on their Jeeps. I'm actually contemplating getting a set of winter MTs and studding them, but I am spending enough on tires at the moment just replacing this set.

Have a Good One!
Thank you that is very helpful!
My new (to me) LX470 came with 35" Ridge Grapplers which are supposed to be a hybrid MT + AT tire. I am intrigued by the siping idea and would have to check if the local DT can do that.
20210228_145520.jpg

Installed my Huracan tailgate storage. Took some time to clean up the wires and extend the harness to the lock cylinder, so I could tuck the cable away.

Peeled my factory carpet off the disintegrating cardboard backer and it looks like I can make it work as a cover.

Fit a ton of stuff in there and got it un-burried from the depths of my truck. The tailgate is super heavy now and wish there was a hydraulic damper on it like a pickup.

View attachment 2603915View attachment 2603916View attachment 2603917 Did you created the lock cylinder extender or is there an off market?

View attachment 2604213View attachment 2604214
Furniture sliders? Why not correct what the manufacturer should have done and countersink the holes and use some flat head cap screws?

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 8.49.19 AM.png

I am not mechanically inclined or particularly handy, so I don’t think I’ll ever DIY suspension, lockers, or anything with the engine. But I do have plans for the ‘07 100-series I bought last year. I’ll get sliders and new suspension (2 1/2 - 3” lift) in a couple weeks, but had some fun with a little lighting project this week. I may change up colors when my local sports team starts in a couple months, but it’s pretty slick for now ...

C9F368F7-D9A3-4FF8-89F5-C943A35705FE.jpeg

08E772E8-7FDE-47EE-B67E-A228BD707142.jpeg

I am not mechanically inclined or particularly handy, so I don’t think I’ll ever DIY suspension, lockers, or anything with the engine. But I do have plans for the ‘07 100-series I bought last year. I’ll get sliders and new suspension (2 1/2 - 3” lift) in a couple weeks, but had some fun with a little lighting project this week. I may change up colors when my local sports team starts in a couple months, but it’s pretty slick for now ...

View attachment 2604823

View attachment 2604824
where will u put the hydroponics ?

Installed a Fuel Pressure Gauge (permanent fixture).

When traveling I don't have a lot of tools with me (just basic emergency stuff) and it can be hard to diagnose a fuel pump/fuel pressure problem. Since a connection to the fuel rail on a 2UZ-FE is right up front (unlike the buried one on a 1FZ-FE) I thought I'd just install a gauge there and not have to carry a tester. You could as easily install just a plain adapter.

fuel press1.jpg

I have the original banjo bolt in my tool kit in case I ever spring a leak with this set up.

To begin with I noticed the hole in the OEM Banjo Bolt was larger (and also chamfered) than with my adapter....so I remedied that by enlarging the hole and chamfering it to match.

fuel press3.jpg

Then using new crush washers I installed the adapter (Banjo Bolt w/45° Elbow).

fuel press4.jpg

Next....the Pressure Gauge itself:

fuel press5.jpg

And then testing the unit and checking for leaks

fuel press6.jpg

Last edited:
Finally after almost 5 years of ownership I was able to perform an assessment of the AHC system. Thank you @ramangain for taking the time out of your Saturday to provide the knowledge and technical support to help me get this done. We determined that the system is in good shape and the pressures were not terribly off after 8 years (2/2013) of not having any attention , aside form a system flush in July 17'. The pressures are all within spec and and the truck is sitting nice and level.

Finally realized a decade+ goal of having a Lightwerkz HID retrofit project on a vehicle of mine.

OEM+ Bixenon build using OEM glass lamps and excellent aftermarket lighting components. Really happy with the look - I feel like this is how our top end 100 series should have left the factory in the 2000s instead of equipped with those terrible halogen reflectors.

The beam needs some additional trial and error tuning but the difference in light output is candlelight+fear of driving after dark —> smiling when I’m rolling around in the evening

7D041276-89AA-4E0B-A9AA-BE8149647470.jpeg

314D5130-AADF-4E78-AB5E-4E011B2A98E0.jpeg

9036C52B-316C-466A-A99D-9D0A99B7A546.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom