What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (91 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just delivered this afternoon and Ooof wrong part number :bang:
B6D05906-9C6E-48C9-AB4A-3EEE82021EA5.jpeg

This’ll be on the for sale section soon.

Anyone who knows the correct part number for the passenger side rear door warning decal? My 2yo ripped it and threw it out lol

Hmm let's see:
  • Installed air lift air bags (still need to plumb the air lines!)
  • Removed the concentric bump stops from the rear springs.
  • Replaced the rear bump stops with Wheeler's off road bump stop (promptly snapped all 4 bolts and spent an ungodly amount to time drilling and tapping!)
  • Replaced front bump with Wheeler's version
  • Bought and installed ugly 18" OEM wheels with Bridgestone Blizzaks in 32" size. Wheels have a ton of corrosion but they were cheap!

View attachment 2558622
What size bags did you go with for the 865 springs? Read some people went with a larger bag for 865 springs.

Last edited:
Hmm let's see:
  • Installed air lift air bags (still need to plumb the air lines!)
  • Removed the concentric bump stops from the rear springs.
  • Replaced the rear bump stops with Wheeler's off road bump stop (promptly snapped all 4 bolts and spent an ungodly amount to time drilling and tapping!)
  • Replaced front bump with Wheeler's version
  • Bought and installed ugly 18" OEM wheels with Bridgestone Blizzaks in 32" size. Wheels have a ton of corrosion but they were cheap!

View attachment 2558622
Been wondering about this, and would like to pile on to the questions, as I’m planning on adding airlift bags to mine—you have to get rid of the OEM bump stops, right? But they don’t recommend adding anything in lieu of? As in the bag becomes the bump stop, in theory? (Until it pops, anyway)

Questions:
Which Wheelers stops did you use, and why did you decide to add stops? And did you consider the timbren ones Exit off-road carries? And did you have to drill and tap holes in your frame to install?

There's really not that many, but if it happens you tend to hear about it here. Any engine with no coolant will blow.
Between here and the 4runner, gx470, and uzj100 groups there are quite a few weekly. Not to say that most of them aren't caused by human error but the fact that most of them report little to no red needle movement is concerning.

100k miles in 5 years!
PXL_20210116_132813305.jpg

Last edited:
What size bags did you go with for the 865 springs? Read some people went with a larger spring.
Amazon product ASIN B001F15YYAThey are a nice snug fit!

Been wondering about this, and would like to pile on to the questions, as I’m planning on adding airlift bags to mine—you have to get rid of the OEM bump stops, right? But they don’t recommend adding anything in lieu of? As in the bag becomes the bump stop, in theory? (Until it pops, anyway)

Questions:
Which Wheelers stops did you use, and why did you decide to add stops? And did you consider the timbren ones Exit off-road carries? And did you have to drill and tap holes in your frame to install?
Yes, I had to remove the long, round bump stops in the middle of the spring. There isn't enough room for the air bags otherwise.

As for the bumpstops on the frame, yes I did consider the Timbren ones, but they cost twice as much as the wheelers version and frankly that felt a little too rich for some pieces of rubber!
Here are the ones I got:
1611158783720.png

I finally did it!! Changed my T’s. Yes they were falling apart. Yes it should have been done a while ago. The biggest thing that helped me was using the small vice grips. They were worth their weight in gold for getting those clamps off.

Also got my light bar installed on Prospeed rack too

D165386B-D3AD-4D26-A003-BDCBF9637A1C.jpeg

27E1F968-37E8-4D0E-A6E8-AC84F12919E5.jpeg

0E23AB1C-E714-4C8E-8E1F-948DCD31DD0A.jpeg

BD50AE4B-C17F-4122-A7A6-0B6EE0415281.jpeg

55CA9A39-0E6A-417F-BDA7-6CF50DDB8C71.jpeg

I finally did it!! Changed my T’s. Yes they were falling apart. Yes it should have been done a while ago.
Glad I don’t have to meme you for blowing up your engine over a $10 part 👍🏽

didnt that happen to a cruiser that went to a HIH one time?
Probably...it’s happened all over, with seemingly increased frequency as of late.

Lifetime fuel filter my ass. Sure 345k miles, and according to maintenance records never been done, but this truck still seems to have a long life ahead of it. Mr T and I now have a love/hate relationship, at least until I forget about this. Change your filters, it’s super easy and about $30.
E4E7A65E-4077-4E1F-8E2C-4BA27FF1EC0B.jpeg
08145012-75DF-4B53-A0C6-EC9203ECB87C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom