What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (55 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Seems to be a lot of that happening recently. :(
Yep. My front is at the shop getting a rebuild as I write this. Blew it trying to to pull my RV travel trailer out of the muddy back yard. Got a little deep, got some hop, and it was done. But to its credit, I had found a nice shaving of gear tooth on the drain plug when I got it four years ago, and it suffered much use and abuse since then.

BTW - LC 100 front diffs are HEAVY suckers.

Rear Wiper Arm Replacement_LX

51852DF1-B844-4A93-AD5F-9BB549A44C85.jpeg

Went out and purchased a wiper arm puller after attempting to pull it off with a couple interior trim tools... :bang:
Popped it right off in 2 seconds. :cool:

IMG_3230.jpg

Very happy with the result. Very nice fit and finish mates.

Cheers,
G

Rear Wiper Arm Replacement_LX

View attachment 2439231

Went out and purchased a wiper arm puller after attempting to pull it off with a couple interior trim tools... :bang:
Popped it right off in 2 seconds. :cool:

View attachment 2439233

Very happy with the result. Very nice fit and finish mates.

Cheers,
G
Looks great! Is that just an oem lx arm? Im looking to replace my sagging 98 lc arm

Looks great! Is that just an oem lx arm? Im looking to replace my sagging 98 lc arm
Cheers mate. No, these came from Japan (OEM)

A8E02115-7E8A-4278-A268-60215542EE69.jpeg

These are for the first gen Toyota Alphard/Vellfire vans sold overseas but they're compatible with our 100s.

There were a couple vendors selling aftermarket arms in this style for a quarter of the price, but as some have found out, it's safest to stay with OEM!

Good luck,
G

Unless you current arm is bent or in bad shape, you can reindex your rear wiper to fix the sagging. This upgrade does make the 100 look more modern.
Absolutely correct @trdcorolla ... Mine was sagging but in fact it's still in very good shape. I went for the modern one-piece look. Anyone need a good '05 LX original arm with a Bosch blade refill? Standing by...

Did the Big Three. And added a slee terminal + extension. Negative terminal will have to wait until I get a crimper.
0918201223a.jpg
0918201223.jpg
0918201222.jpg

Sheard a bolt at engine block in front of fire wall, is where I bolted ok?
Also had to shave the bolt at the + terminal to get it to seat correctly.
The fuse link box is a little canted do you think that's a problem?

Got cables from @TheForger great quality.

Installed a refreshed front diff with a Harrops eLocker with all new bushings and new diff arms. Having replaced the CV axles a few times, I basically knew what I was getting into but man are those front diffs heavy! Easily 100 lbs+
Next step is to wire it up so I can use the actual locker part.

Here's a quick pic of the front bushing chiseled out.
20200918_122243.jpg

Installed a refreshed front diff with a Harrops eLocker with all new bushings and new diff arms. Having replaced the CV axles a few times, I basically knew what I was getting into but man are those front diffs heavy! Easily 100 lbs+
Next step is to wire it up so I can use the actual locker part.

Here's a quick pic of the front bushing chiseled out.
View attachment 2439315
Yep, feels like they cast them out of Tungsten, or maybe the center of black holes. :)

Last edited:
Change out all 3 diff breathers. Used 1/4 ID air hose, a couple zip ties and fuel filters to top them off, whole thing under 35 clams. As you can see the old ones trashed, so much rust :bang:2 banana job maybe 90 mins. Then gave her a bath.

C3AAF9A9-7E59-4F5B-A23B-3BF0D80900DC.jpeg

48E569AA-B589-4BB8-A3F3-2E407417AF3A.jpeg

623ECDDD-4174-4F12-B1CA-FEE8428DAC32.jpeg

AE4F0167-B455-45CC-8172-A5CB896396E8.jpeg

Last edited:
Did the Big Three. And added a slee terminal + extension. Negative terminal will have to wait until I get a crimper.
View attachment 2439306View attachment 2439307View attachment 2439308

Good job! It would’ve been cool if you had a voltmeter inside the cab to have gotten a before & after reading. I noticed an increase of ~0.1-0.2V. I would say don’t worry about any of your questions I don’t see why either of those would be a problem. I had to shave off some of the positive lug on the cable I routed from the fusible link on the positive terminal to the alternator. Yours looks good to me! Also, not sure who you got the cables from but it wasn’t me :)

Good job! It would’ve been cool if you had a voltmeter inside the cab to have gotten a before & after reading. I noticed an increase of ~0.1-0.2V. I would say don’t worry about any of your questions I don’t see why either of those would be a problem. I had to shave off some of the positive lug on the cable I routed from the fusible link on the positive terminal to the alternator. Yours looks good to me! Also, not sure who you got the cables from but it wasn’t me :)
Sorry for the misdirect, bought the cables from @Fourrunner.
Thanks for your input.

Finally got enough time to cobble together a temporary fix until my insurance company gets their act together with how much damage was done. Thanks to @ClassyJalopy for selling me a clean corner light. New LEDs in there. Also, getting ready to order an ARB front bumper, since it will pay for itself if used even once. Best part is my better half is on board and wants it with the bull bar.
9765354C-1C46-4FEC-8907-6568DA2DACFA.jpeg
C1CEC24B-CF23-4227-B734-5834D828177F.jpeg
962CE7F0-31AC-4743-B17E-B2384CAF9DE6.jpeg

Finally got enough time to cobble together a temporary fix until my insurance company gets their act together with how much damage was done. Thanks to @ClassyJalopy for selling me a clean corner light. New LEDs in there. Also, getting ready to order an ARB front bumper, since it will pay for itself if used even once. Best part is my better half is on board and wants it with the bull bar.View attachment 2439621View attachment 2439622View attachment 2439623
Did you do the flasher relay? That was fun 🤩

View attachment 2439306View attachment 2439307View attachment 2439308

Are you replacing ground cables? May I ask why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom