What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (20 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Blasted across the country with my wife and daughter in the 100 to visit family. Camped the whole way to stay away from people. Cruiser was a road eating machine. Definitely need to order new shocks though after this trip. They are past their prime.
last night camping in a farmer’s field in northern NY
4B307F66-E614-4107-AC88-C1486B5A28AD.jpeg

Blasted across the country with my wife and daughter in the 100 to visit family. Camped the whole way to stay away from people. Cruiser was a road eating machine. Definitely need to order new shocks though after this trip. They are past their prime.
last night camping in a farmer’s field in northern NY
View attachment 2398288
This seems just about perfect. Travel safe.

Wow, I bet their sandpaper feet really kept it from sliding off. 🙄
Well I should clarify, the sanding was me. The roof is entirely blistered under the solar panel. All that area needs to be ground down to bare metal, past the corroded surface that's there now.

Well I should clarify, the sanding was me. The roof is entirely blistered under the solar panel. All that area needs to be ground down to bare metal, past the corroded surface that's there now.
Oh, that makes sense. Did it trap water underneath, or did they use adhesive or something?

img_20200808_084102-jpg.2398583

Could you just covertly snag, er, "borrow" a panel from that neighbor? Like 'em?

After my cleaning up my fiasco with spraying power steering fluid all over the engine bay, I actually cleaned the reservoir, flushed fluid, and replaced with mobil 1 ATF MV. It all worked nicely, I can see the level in the reservoir which is a first. ATF was nice and pure, but after a 15 minute test drive it I couldn't see the bottom of the reservoir. Was noisier right after, but settled down and is now very quiet. I think I'll need to swap fluid a few times to get all the old gunk out. Reservoir was disgusting, unreal how much junk came out of there.

Swapped some Toyota rubber bushes on rear sway bar, PB blast on the links so I can get them out next weekend.

Changed out foglight connecter that was jacked, with a rock auto version. Butt spliced with waterproof heatshrink. Fog light is back in business.

The last puddle light setup i had up was a fail, it only lit up the front of the door area so i scrapped that, i bought a 60" LED strip that ran the entire body of the truck and it's much more bright and even now. Love it, but it might be too bright?

50208481831_d32ca478a6_b.jpg

50208762187_07a5b7270d_b.jpg

50208762137_36a0828bed_b.jpg

50208762222_593571a476_b.jpg

I capped my rear AC lines and have working AC again! Fingers crossed that it holds up without new leaks in the front lines. This video I found on YT was very helpful for the cut locatiosn and included links for the fittings as well; not sure if he's a Mud member or not.

got dizzy watching this

The last puddle light setup i had up was a fail, it only lit up the front of the door area so i scrapped that, i bought a 60" LED strip that ran the entire body of the truck and it's much more bright and even now. Love it, but it might be too bright?

Loooks mint! did you just wire that led strip into the lx's original puddle lights or did you wire up your own harness?

Loooks mint! did you just wire that led strip into the lx's original puddle lights or did you wire up your own harness?

I just wired it into the stock LX's puddle lights, these will dim and gradually get brighter as well. Very easy mod to do for those that took off their running boards.

I just wired it into the stock LX's puddle lights, these will dim and gradually get brighter as well. Very easy mod to do for those that took off their running boards.
Looking to delete my running boards soon. How complicated is this install? Do they just plug and play? (Assuming no)

Looking to delete my running boards soon. How complicated is this install? Do they just plug and play? (Assuming no)

Cut the pigtail of the running board's connector off, put that towards the LED strip pictured, and then plug it up. Very simple, hardest part was cleaning the underside enough for the double side tape to stick.

That gray connector is from the runningboard, just splice the wires like this and tape it off

50192464382_85d55fa09a_b.jpg

Cut the pigtail of the running board's connector off, put that towards the LED strip pictured, and then plug it up. Very simple, hardest part was cleaning the underside enough for the double side tape to stick.

That gray connector is from the runningboard, just splice the wires like this and tape it off

Nice work, going to do this as well. thanks for the info

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom