What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (51 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cleaned it up to say goodbye. I crossed 200k with it, but won't quite make it to 300k with me in the driver's seat. It's at 281k now.

View attachment 2399611

View attachment 2399612

View attachment 2399613

Throw it up on Bring a Trailer, maybe you can get $65k for it haha.

Cleaned it up to say goodbye. I crossed 200k with it, but won't quite make it to 300k with me in the driver's seat. It's at 281k now.

View attachment 2399611

View attachment 2399612

View attachment 2399613
That's a great looking rig that's been very well cared for! I wish I was in the market right now. Someone is going to get a great deal.

Throw it up on Bring a Trailer, maybe you can get $65k for it haha.
No joke! BaT is something I'll consider if it doesn't sell in a week or so. Or Cars and Bids, haha. While those would be kinda fun, it would be nice to avoid that formality and extra work/commission fee so hopefully someone on here or on my YouTube/Instagram feed will snag it.

My street toy.... and the “offroad toy” 😂

313B0531-4E80-4DC1-91F5-BC021AFADA14.jpeg

No joke! BaT is something I'll consider if it doesn't sell in a week or so. Or Cars and Bids, haha. While those would be kinda fun, it would be nice to avoid that formality and extra work/commission fee so hopefully someone on here or on my YouTube/Instagram feed will snag it.
You'll spend the whole week answering stupid questions and taking endless undercarriage photos if you list it on BaT. Plus, the miles will scare most bidders off, sorry.

Yes, tell us more about that sub box !!
I'd happily relocate my bottle jack and tools for that solution.

arb-drawer-jpg.2399260
Wish I knew more about it; PO installed it

Put on a DIY wrap on my '99 (320Kmiles). Happy with the results, color is a great improvement over champagne silver. It took longer than I thought it would. I was wrapping in 95 degrees and the wrap sticks much faster than in the youtube videos but I got it finished.
61672914208__00E649ED-13A5-486C-9377-B0A215440CBB 2.jpg
IMG_4216.jpeg

Put on a DIY wrap on my '99 (320Kmiles). Happy with the results, color is a great improvement over champagne silver. It took longer than I thought it would. I was wrapping in 95 degrees and the wrap sticks much faster than in the youtube videos but I got it finished.View attachment 2400233View attachment 2400234
Nice work! I won't ask you for all the details, but can you please point me towards your source for the film and where you found out how to install it?

Put on a DIY wrap on my '99 (320Kmiles). Happy with the results, color is a great improvement over champagne silver. It took longer than I thought it would. I was wrapping in 95 degrees and the wrap sticks much faster than in the youtube videos but I got it finished.View attachment 2400233View attachment 2400234
Yes please!
Do you have a rough guestimate of overall cost/quantity of material, time it took and your level of skill before you got started? Results look great from the pics!

Yes please!
Do you have a rough guestimate of overall cost/quantity of material, time it took and your level of skill before you got started? Results look great from the pics!
I purchased a 32 yard roll of vinyl on closeout from MetroRestyling for $300, list price was $600. I have another $100 dollars in cleaning supplies, knives and squeegees. This was my first wrap. I takes a lot of patience and detail. I removed all of my interior panels to access door locks and window trim. I also removed my rear bumper. In total I have two solid weekend plus work in the evening throughout the week (big project). I will say I was a complete beginner and would be able to do it in half the time now. Cooler temps mid 70's would have helped a bunch.

I'm boring, ugly, fat, spoiled ....

Last edited:
Trail Tailor front recovery points painted and installed with new hardware. Was a little disappointed there was no option to purchase new hardware or even a recommendation on what grade bolts to use or even thread size. No worries tho, got it all figure out with some 10.9 hardware. After the front recovery points were installed I played around with my 3D printer and made a new hydroflask reducer to fit the OEM cup holder and some toyota valve stem caps.

EAFAFF81-CFEF-471D-BEDF-D60C9025AFFB.jpeg

CD5836D9-D587-45E5-9508-FF6FA70CF76E.jpeg

48F99C18-C652-483F-9AF0-F64F37E30869.jpeg

40A1E7C8-BFC0-4A4F-9378-3DC08A8683F6.jpeg

B7888487-BD5F-46CA-A789-E5C80920535C.jpeg

Trail Tailor front recovery points painted and installed with new hardware. Was a little disappointed there was no option to purchase new hardware or even a recommendation on what grade bolts to use or even thread size. No worries tho, got it all figure out with some 10.9 hardware. After the front recovery points were installed I played around with my 3D printer and made a new hydroflask reducer to fit the OEM cup holder and some toyota valve stem caps.

View attachment 2401024

View attachment 2401025

View attachment 2401026

View attachment 2401027

View attachment 2401031
I have these tow points on my LC100 and I ordered the hardware directly from @TRAIL TAILOR website Trail-Tailor. The specs are even there in case you want to hunt down your own hardware. What shackles did you go with?

Last edited:
After 2 weeks my freedom off road upper control arms finally shipped. Looking forward to getting these installed and finally getting the alignment in spec.

I have done a bunch of upgrades and preventive maintenance items over the last 5 weeks. Spent nearly $3k in parts. Probably saved another $3k in labor by DIY.

1- Full timing belt service including water pump, thermostat, serpentine belt, radiator flush etc. Using all OEM parts. $450 +/-
2- Re-manufactured (Detroit Axle) power steering rack, power steering lines and fluid. $450 +/-
3- 2 new OEM CV axles. ABS sensors. $1200
4- New 555 tie rod ends $100
5- Rear extended sway bar links Manafre $75
6- Front extended sway bar links Trail-Tailor $150 (including shipping)
7- Eibach Pro Truck extended shocks (4). $460

The old axles were making noises, the steering rack was feeling sloppy, ABS sensors were rusted on, Rancho RS9000 adjustable shocks were real tired after 80k miles and the extended sway bar links were long over due. Feels like a completely different truck now. These new Eibach shocks are fantastic , feel reminds me of Bilstein 5160's but with a notable softer initial impact. They also have approx 1/4 inch more travel front and about 1/2 inch more travel in the rear (over the Ranchos, which were slightly longer that OEM). This should take better advantage of my longer Dobinsons springs in the back, and make for better articulation all around. Adding the extended links also got rid of the annoying head toss over small to medium bumps (like an overly stiff, larger sized sway bar would do). Steering is smooth and quiet now, completely linear feeling throughout the entire motion from lock to lock. Only additional item the LC100 needs right now is some new front sway bar bushings as I noticed they were pretty trashed when I was under there yesterday (80k miles on these). Miles are around 324k now and I must say: It feels like it could easily do 300k more.

IMG_4721.jpg
IMG_4726.jpg
IMG_4727.jpg
IMG_4728.jpg

Last edited:
Was a little disappointed there was no option to purchase new hardware or even a recommendation on what grade bolts to use or even thread size. No worries tho, got it all figure out with some 10.9 hardware.

He sells hardware right on the website... lol come on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom