What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (54 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

removed the running boards and drove to the Grand Canyon! it was freakin empty and as such freakin epic! got any picture i wanted with the cruiser and basically no people. this was my first time to the south rim.
20200325_122037.jpg
20200325_152700.jpg
20200325_151135.jpg

Gotta have some fun in trying times like these! I installed some RGB "rock lights." It's my guilty pleasure. Having too much fun tonight driving around my neighborhood.

They'll do all sorts of colors and also white. It has a Bluetooth app to control it. They also gradient, strobe, and flash. You can make custom themes, set to music, etc. I got this 8-pod kit: Amazon.com: MOVOTOR RGB LED Rock Lights Multicolor Neon LED Light Kit with Timing Music Mode for Underglow Off Road Truck JEEP UTV ATV Boat-8 Pods: Automotive

19UyUwO.jpg

d4NcZ54.jpg

T7kr5Kj.jpg

9dGbuQt.jpg

wQv6oll.jpg

NCdmdMG.jpg

WRKavUZ.jpg

56UUOXN.jpg

xp6XuHn.jpg

Good thing I upgraded my alternator.

Last edited:
Covid-19 project. Removed the factory rack as the RR Pioneer Platform will be here in a few days.

215E8E83-C669-43E6-B6C8-67B96FE4DF29.jpeg

My buddy makes a little under hood light kit for 4Runners and now after measuring my truck will offer them for 100 series. He'll also have a universal version.

It uses a little pressure switch to turn the light off when the hood is closed and it turns on when the hood opens. Super slick and incredibly bright! There is also a manual override switch to turn the light off manually if you want to leave the hood open for a long period of time. I actually bought 2 and I'm putting the other one inside my rear hatch.

Available now via email: scarab.offroad.technologies@gmail.com

I installed my second light kit in the rear hatch using a cool little magnetic switch (Amazon.com: Directed Electronics 8600 Micro Magnetic Switch: Car Electronics) So far I'm loving it.

I looked at them for a couple of years before I finally caved and got a 2” double. Used it 3 or 4 times before getting a 2” single and two add-ons and selling all the other racks I had. There’s a lot of other nice racks but they just don’t compare. They are the LC’s of the bike rack world.

That 1up rack has been on my wish list for a long time now. One of these days....

Reactions: LCT
Sometimes the most simple things are the most useful.

Finally got around to installing the Jerry can holder I’ve owned for almost a year. It was a last minute decision to install, literally took it out of the box while we were loading the kids in for a road trip.

489521B8-B5EC-4E0B-9FD4-90A3E8F51BB5.jpeg

This was another @ikarus influenced purchase.

WARNING: Don’t message that guy.
You’ll end up with bumpers, rims, slinky Springs, 35” tires, AND!... a Jerry can basket!!!

(I have blocked all incoming messages from him in fear of getting gears and lockers) 😜

Install was 10 minutes including unboxing. Solid and I only installed 1 of the 2 support brackets. 400 mile trip and zero issues. Ratchet setup is brilliant.

It was nice to have the interior space back.

Finally got around to installing the Jerry can holder I’ve owned for almost a year. It was a last minute decision to install, literally took it out of the box while we were loading the kids in for a road trip.

View attachment 2250358

You’ll end up with bumpers, rims, slinky Springs, 35” tires, AND!... a Jerry can basket!!!

(I have blocked all incoming messages from him in fear of getting gears and lockers) 😜

Install was 10 minutes including unboxing. Solid and I only installed 1 of the 2 support brackets. 400 mile trip and zero issues. Ratchet setup is brilliant.

I just need to talk about something important, please reply

3u8a7u.jpg

haha looks great man! Your cruiser is awesome.

Oh also if you're looking for something else to buy, you can buy 1" hookless ratchets that will loop into the Yeti tie down points underneath the lid. That way you can open the lid while leaving it tied down. I bought these to tie down my Yeti inside the trunk:

Amazon product ASIN B07475BGBT
You could trim them way down to maybe 1-2 feet.

nzL9541.jpg

View attachment 2250358

Why so high?

Love the look though. Exactly like mine but your wheels are better :flipoff2:

I just need to talk about something important, please reply

View attachment 2250405

haha looks great man! Your cruiser is awesome.

Oh also if you're looking for something else to buy, you can buy 1" hookless ratchets that will loop into the Yeti tie down points underneath the lid. That way you can open the lid while leaving it tied down. I bought these to tie down my Yeti inside the trunk:

Amazon product ASIN B07475BGBT
You could trim them way down to maybe 1-2 feet.

nzL9541.jpg
Good call. Another simple but very useful addition. Added to my amazon cart.

But part of me doesn’t want to follow through with the purchase - just to prove to myself that your influence isn’t winning again!

Why so high?

Love the look though. Exactly like mine but your wheels are better :flipoff2:
If “why so high?” is referring to the basket then: Agreed. I installed in the moment and gave it no thought. You have to tap a hole in the swingout arm to mount any lower. Height is necessary for siphoning gas ( but in my case height its useful to drain the cooler - ha.)

I’ll likely go back and install the second support bracket and may try to move the basket 1 hole to the outside (Left) to see if I can squeeze a set of maxtrax knockoffs in between the basket & spare.

I don’t even own any maxtrax but just trying to maximize the utility. And of course, burn $ In the process.

Twinzees, huh? Post a pic of your truck.

View attachment 2250358

I like the Darth Vader look a lot! What rear bumper is this and what jerry can holder is that?

I like the Darth Vader look a lot! What rear bumper is this and what jerry can holder is that?
Thanks brother!

Was in the market for a galactic grey or white 100 but the timing on this one was right. Trying to keep it classy... ish.

Slee rear bumper & their Jerry can basket. They’re ridiculously expensive but @ikarus gave me a coupon promo code (that’s what I told my wife)

If “why so high?” is referring to the basket then: Agreed. I installed in the moment and gave it no thought. You have to tap a hole in the swingout arm to mount any lower. Height is necessary for siphoning gas ( but in my case height its useful to drain the cooler - ha.)

I’ll likely go back and install the second support bracket and may try to move the basket 1 hole to the outside (Left) to see if I can squeeze a set of maxtrax knockoffs in between the basket & spare.

I don’t even own any maxtrax but just trying to maximize the utility. And of course, burn $ In the process.

Twinzees, huh? Post a pic of your truck.

Ya know, it seems I never take pictures of mine. Couple that show the wheels that I can locate though—

0E740633-F358-4DF8-B65F-B4A5A0C49F85.jpeg

IMG_1360.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom