What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (53 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet cruiser. Appears to be well enjoyed.

I’m a big fan of the Gamiviti. Ditch lights are stealthy. Nothing wrong with the fuel anzas - offset looks great.

Sweet cruiser. Appears to be well enjoyed.

I’m a big fan of the Gamiviti. Ditch lights are stealthy. Nothing wrong with the fuel anzas - offset looks great.

Yeah maybe misspoke. I don't hate them at all, but they're still not as cool as the steelies. At some point this year I'd like to get some of the rock monsters and some M/Ts to stash in the storage unit until it's time to run. For now though I have to find the problem with my CDL—no worky

Big bucket list stuff half happening here (purchased but not all installed). I dont get to WFH because somehow mufflers are essential, but somehow my wife and I think I have tons of time I should complete lots of projects. So it spend one night painting bathroom or landscaping, one night working on cruiser pay off. Got everything I need for a DIY pvc pressurized shower, should get put together tonight. I got a massive AGM Interstate battery with 72 amps with I need to install as a second battery, also got a solar panel, charger/regulator, and all that stuff for it that I need to sort out. I half convinced my wife we need these things for the covidpocalypse. Best of all, I got and installed my Overland Pros 2500mm (8 ft) 270 degree Wraptor awning, plus I bought one wall unit for it. Its the cheapest and largest 270 degree awning that I've seen out there, and my initial review is pretty positive, will see how it holds up at the beach if we're ever allowed to travel there again :frown:. I know these pictures are absolute crap but I didnt beat the sun getting it up. Maybe I'll get one this weekend of it in action.
IMG-4194.jpg

IMG-4195.jpg

As far as set up/take down, took a second to figure out how to do it and its definitely easier with a second person. Overall I think you could easily set it up once you've done it once or twice in about 2-3 minutes with a second person maybe 4 minutes solo. Take down is very easy and I did it solo in a minute flat. The material is a very tight fit with the poles in, which is good. The bag it is in is really nice material and already got waterproof test last night with rain. Material on the awning seems to be pretty good and stitching is good. The wall is nice too and goes up instantly, I imagine if you have two more it cant take more than a couple seconds to put them together.

Its just a noise dampener I believe, you can remove it if you want and shouldn't affect anything. Love the LC I would leave it exactly how it is haha What size tires are you running
Cool awning. Any pics of the mount on stock rack?

i wanted to post something, then I saw LEDs under and around brake rotors and changed my mind. Alright recruit.

Cool awning. Any pics of the mount on stock rack?
If you're referring to my post, I dont have any pics on my phone but when I get off work at my "essential" job I'll snap some. It's actually attached to my cheapo roof rack with a simple L bracket which is in turn attach to the stock roof rack cross bars, but i can point out how you would attach it to the cross members. It's kind a janky how i did and used a lot of flat steel brackets over each-other.

Mounted replacement StrongArm struts for hood and tailgate. OEM lasted 13 years, but hood was starting to have a mind of its own.

easy peasy🔧🔧🔧

Mounted replacement StrongArm struts for hood and tailgate. OEM lasted 13 years, but hood was starting to have a mind of its own.

easy peasy🔧🔧🔧
Replaced mine recently. Cheap and easy. Should have done it sooner. I spent a year letting the hood drop on my head before replacing them.

Installed Raingler net to protect us from flying gear if anything goes wrong....

locked up a seatbelt (fully retracted) in the process—any ideas on that are very appreciated....posted here about that.

C881138B-D190-4D0A-920F-F35309A54A9A.jpeg

Installed Raingler net to protect us from flying gear if anything goes wrong....

locked up a seatbelt (fully retracted) in the process—any ideas on that are very appreciated....posted here about that.

View attachment 2251498
I am going to have to add that to the list!

Got more baselining done today. My LX was low on AHC fluid, so I took the opportunity to do a bleed with the PADDO method; now I can finally use the High setting.

Finally got around to changing the water pump and timing belt, which still looked new after 15 years and 83k miles:

LX470 T Belt-02611.jpg

LX470 T Belt-02612.jpg

I would have been fine with running the belt even more, were it not for the pesky seepage from the water pump leading me to question the reliability of its bearing.

I am glad that it is all said and done.

Some pointers that may or may not be useful:

1. I used Otramms' excellent videos on YouTube to prepare for the project.

2. The first test to perform is loosening the rear bolt for the AC compressor. If you can do it, proceed; if not, take it to the shop.

3. There is a special place in hell reserved for the engineers that came up with the AC compressor mounting, I am sure.

4. Removing the oil filter makes access to the front lower AC compressor mounting bolt infinitely easier.

5. Removing the spark plugs makes rotating the engine much easier, and is a good excuse to put in new ones.

6. Check and doublecheck the new timing belt for correct placement before removing the pin on the new tensioner.

7. You will need swivel joints and ratchet extensions of different lengths, as well as a crankshaft holding tool.

8. If you go step by step, it is an immensely satisfying job to do yourself.

My thanks to ih8mud and all its members for the wealth of information and guidance that enabled me to tackle this job myself.

2. The first test to perform is loosening the rear bolt for the AC compressor. If you can do it, proceed; if not, take it to the shop.

Otramnms videos are very helpfull, but its possible without loosening rear bolt of AC compressor

Finally got around to extending my diff breathers! I only did the front and rear diffs, I figure if I ever get deep enough in water that it overtakes the transfer case/tranny breathers i'm screwed either way. The front diff was super easy to access from the passenger side engine bay. The rear diff took me a good hour or two to figure out. I didn't want to run it to the engine bay firewall so I ran it up through the sun roof drain grommet and settled it up above the taillights.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get to greasing the driveshaft.

Pulled the front 3rd member to get it ready to ship to http://gearinstalls.com for a Harrop e-Locker and Nitro Gear bearing installation. I need to order new bushings and figure out how to improve the diff breather hose.

1585446564661.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom