What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My buddy makes a little under hood light kit for 4Runners and now after measuring my truck will offer them for 100 series. He'll also have a universal version.

It uses a little pressure switch to turn the light off when the hood is closed and it turns on when the hood opens. Super slick and incredibly bright! There is also a manual override switch to turn the light off manually if you want to leave the hood open for a long period of time. I actually bought 2 and I'm putting the other one inside my rear hatch.

Available now via email: scarab.offroad.technologies@gmail.com

Last edited:
My buddy makes a little under hood light kit for 4Runners and now after measuring my truck will offer them for 100 series. He'll also have a universal version.

It uses a little pressure switch to turn the light off when the hood is closed and it turns on when the hood opens. Super slick and incredibly bright! There is also a manual override switch to turn the light off manually if you want to leave the hood open for a long period of time. I actually bought 2 and I'm putting the other one inside my rear hatch.

That is great looking

Nice! Always thought no light in the back was a big oversight, and switching all interior bulbs to LED only helped a little.

From the looks of it, this grill overlaps (covers) the lower corners of the headlights. This would account for the size difference? Also, according to Part Souq the OEM black 105 grill for an 06-07 is 53101-60350. The label for this grill is 53111-60330, which if I'm not mistaken means its for an 98-02.

Did you not read what I wrote?

After more than a week of it just sitting in the garage, finally brought it out and used 4L
1CEC5D24-5E04-4BD6-B718-941E7641C377.png

Had my 11yo daughter try out the wheel solo in the wide open dirt grounds. I can clearly say I was more nervous than her.
AEBA1BF0-6437-4393-8924-6F8C3B0CB186.jpeg

Installed a set of SOR Tuff Duck seat covers in the front row of our old LX.

Comparing the to the SOR Tuff Duck seat covers, to the Wet Okole seat covers, that we installed about 2.5 years ago in my son's vehicle.

The Tuff Duck covers:​
Were a much easier install.​
Are a less "tailored" fit and less visually appealing than the Wet Okole.​
Feel more comfortable to me, than the neoprene of the Wet Okole.​

I like the look. I am considering these since I am not particularly crazy about leather.

1584878669096.png

From the looks of it, this grill overlaps (covers) the lower corners of the headlights. This would account for the size difference? Also, according to Part Souq the OEM black 105 grill for an 06-07 is 53101-60350. The label for this grill is 53111-60330, which if I'm not mistaken means its for an 98-02.

I’m not sure what you are talking about. Why don’t you contact Parts Ouq and ask them for advice with your part numbers.

I generally know what part numbers I get and why.

@up5799 the grills in the photo are the same size. The black one looks bigger because it is in the foreground. (It is an illusion)

According to Partsouq, the OEM Black Grill for a 2006-2007 105 is 53101-60350

1584898296349.png

Again according to Partsouq, the Black Grill 53101-60260 is for a 2003-2005 105. Good to know it also fits the later 2006-2007 100 perfectly in any event.

1584898372735.png

@TheForger, Your C-clip does not control your hub and rotor moving in and out, that is controlled by the two huge spindle nuts shown below. I would wager that the clunk was your CV moving in and out of the hub slapping the back side of it. I would triple check the spindle nuts on the front side and the seals and surfaces on the back side for damage. cruiser outfitters stocks everything you need including drilled and slotted rotors, that is where I got mine.
View attachment 2242822
As said before, there is no way that c-clip coming off is the cause of the play or rotor wear. They may have been caused by the same yet-to-be diagnosed issue, but they are not directly related. Can't be. My guess is that the problem is now masked temporarily because of the new brake pads you just installed.

Are your caliper mounting bolts loose? Are the rotor to hub bolts loose? How are you checking for play in the wheel bearings and ball joints? You say the wheel bearings "don't have really any play in them." Not sure exactly what that means, but any play in the bearings is too much.
@TheForger I have been bitten by this dumb front hub design quite badly just as of last month.

As you have said yourself the C-clip ain't got nothing to do with the brakes or the play in hub. I'd take a look at the rotor mounting bolts. The calipers on these trucks are pretty strong and will hold the rotor (heck even the whole wheel sometimes) in place. Once the pads start wearing out you might see this again.
Well...looks like y’all are right. After a day trip to the Ouachita Mtns yesterday I came home and started hearing a whirring noise. Popped the dust cover to inspect and sure enough the c clip was off and the axle was recessed into the hub by about an inch. I will be tearing into the hub this evening to inspect the axle nuts & bearings.

9DEBF398-FB04-4A91-AD6B-9D8ED1EE2D90.jpeg

B250916C-1660-4A41-9D7D-6338925FC797.jpeg

Day 5 of quarantine, i finished the storage/sleeping platform setup. Final dimensions are 58" wide by 72" long. Enough for a queen bed with some trimming. Will cover it in carpet on next day off. I decided to leave the two sides blank so i can shove stuff in there. Beach chairs and random stuff

49687830548_2ff54bd89f_h.jpg

Anyone know how much the bigger bench seat of the 2nd row weigh? It felt like 200lbs, *******, broke my back carrying it into storage.

Well...looks like y’all are right. After a day trip to the Ouachita Mtns yesterday I came home and started hearing a whirring noise. Popped the dust cover to inspect and sure enough the c clip was off and the axle was recessed into the hub by about an inch. I will be tearing into the hub this evening to inspect the axle nuts & bearings.

View attachment 2246075

View attachment 2246076
Sorry to see that. I'm in the process of replacing flanges and CV axles here in Conway. I have an extra flange if you need it. Sometime when You have time, 'll ask how you like the Tough Dogs.

Took delivery a month ago. Been lurking and thought I should break the ice in this forum first. So far I love this car. I didn't really get the hype until now.

IMG_20200304_173600.jpg

IMG_20200306_174026.jpg

Also, I own a 2010 Tacoma and have lived in TacomaWorld since 2015 so I know very little about what to do next to her aside from the OME lift and tires that I already did (that's a given). Any recommendations would be awesome. Been sniffing around on Slee's site during this pandemic crud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom