What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20200309_114251.jpg
20200309_114232.jpg
20200309_132426.jpg

Ordered owl expedition media mount
Powdered coated chrome bull bar to black

Installed the OME 1.5" lift this weekend. Need to completely remove the AHC components still but got the drivers side hard line out. I also hammered out the old front diff bushing which was not as bad to do as originally expected. About 20 minutes with a chisel and my 3lb sledge. New one in and drive clunk is basically gone. The old busing actually looked to be in decent shape too.
7Khd1Qyh.jpg

CLqcYuCh.jpg

Talked to Kurt @cruiseroutfitters on Wednesday and had my new inner and outer tie rod set on my porch Saturday morning. Threw them on Sunday and getting an alignment today.

Thank you! :cool:

Completed the hybrid conversion ;)
View attachment 2226639View attachment 2226638

A fixed roof mounted panel with a PWM controller isn't the most efficient (but hey, it is cheap). It should help keep my house battery up while running a fridge on days I don't drive the cruiser. I still need to work of my rooftop cable management, but the system seems to be working.
  • 100w Rich Solar flexible panel (ETFE)
    • Rubber door edge guards
    • 3M VHB tape
  • Renogy 10awg PV cables
  • Renogy Voyager Charge Controller (waterproof, PWM, 20A, battery temperature sensor)
  • 20amp circuit breaker at the battery
Keep us updated on the new sun roof! I’m curious to know how well it keeps the battery topped off.

Did you sand down the molding before painting? I'm getting ready to do this to my 100 but I think I'm going to remove the molding from the cruiser.
I did—wet sanded it with 400 grit. I removed the trim on the passenger side, so tried both ways. It was nice to not have to tape, and it was good to get all the crud lurking at the trim edges bugged out (used an eraser wheel) but it was a pain to remove all the adhesive from the truck and (worse) trim. And I needed three of those little rolls of adhesive and some new clips to reinstall.
summary: both techniques are a pain. Slightly better results but more expense and slightly more pain to remove/reinstall trim, but probably the best way to do it right.

Clean panel how di u make it ?
3d printed. See more photos in my thread.

Finally broke away and made my escape towards Five Mile. Friend of mine in the triple-locked 80. I don't know if he's a member here or just lurks when problems pop up.

852EBACD-5F28-4813-B876-1C54E7F60B63.jpeg

Discovered along the way that my CDL won't engage. All the electronics and relays make their proper noises, but I get a light grinding noise (RPM-dependant) when the CDL is 'engaged'. Halfway up a steep, muddy ascent is probably not the perfect place to find this out, but we managed.

Not today but over the last two weeks. Started out stock with non functioning AHC.
New OME lift and AHC delete, diff drop, bumpers (front and rear), wheels and tires, ball joints, tie rod ends. Now all it needs is a bath and alignment. Still haven’t driven it yet. Gotta install winch and wire the lights in bumpers. Oh and find a matching spare wheel/tire.

View attachment 2231336

View attachment 2231337

Not today but over the last two weeks. Started out stock with non functioning AHC.
New OME lift and AHC delete, diff drop, bumpers (front and rear), wheels and tires, ball joints, tie rod ends. Now all it needs is a bath and alignment. Still haven’t driven it yet. Gotta install winch and wire the lights in bumpers. Oh and find a matching spare wheel/tire.

View attachment 2231336

View attachment 2231337
Joe does great work, he built my bumpers.

Turned off the stupid, rarely functional "auto" wiper function, turned off DRLs, and fixed a really annoying rattle with the metal bit under steering wheel/column. While I was in Techstream I noticed a wheel speed sensor code. Not sure how to address, anyone had this issue?

My LX is at a local shop getting the front sway bar bushings replaced. I know what a nightmare they can be, so I am happy to pay a cool $100 to the shop to deal with it. I asked them to give it a once over to make sure there isn't anything else they see wrong with the suspension/drivetrain. They came back saying that the passenger side torque arm is "tweaked". They noticed that splines are exposed at the LCA and thnk the torque arm somehow took a hit.

See below for the pics they shared. Is that even a thing? Can a torque arm even be tweaked?

Torsion Bar1.jpg

Torsion Bar2.jpg

My LX is at a local shop getting the front sway bar bushings replaced. I know what a nightmare they can be, so I am happy to pay a cool $100 to the shop to deal with it. I asked them to give it a once over to make sure there isn't anything else they see wrong with the suspension/drivetrain. They came back saying that the passenger side torque arm is "tweaked". They noticed that splines are exposed at the LCA and thnk the torque arm somehow took a hit.

See below for the pics they shared. Is that even a thing? Can a torque arm even be tweaked?

Looks normal to me. Mine show splines as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom