What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (59 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Took advantage of the 4th warmest Christmas in Arkansas history by deep cleaning the undercarriage

9FA4FC22-DECD-437E-A327-E46CC9660B6A.jpeg

A9CA0A7E-512C-4025-B270-BF63780EE220.jpeg

D7631E54-CD2A-4D92-ACE1-BA31A34EDD21.jpeg

Even 16.5MPG would be great! Who's Gerry?!
Gerry is the name of the truck. Pronounced Jerry, though.

Today I used the simply speakers kit to re foam my factory sub. Easy enough. Took about twenty minutes to get it out of the truck and about thirty minutes to do the thing. I'd say it was pretty due.
20191226_153155.jpg

Performed my 3rd timing belt job.....

All the top tabs are broken on my original headlights. Also, the reflectors have faded over the last 22 years and 345k miles so I figured it was time to replace them.
I hadn't thought of the reflectors fading. Have you noticed improved brightness at night???

Lower ball joint started to tell me it was time to tear into the passenger side by making a terrible high pitch screeching sound when turning or bumps. So replaced that with a 555 along with repacking wheel bearings, new CV axle shaft and seal (no more clicky clicky when turning). I have SPC upper control arms and performed the same work on the D side a month ago. Finished it off with new gear oil. I also cleaned the PS reservoir and added new synthetic ATF. What a smooth quiet drive it is now!

Replaced valve cover gaskets along with spark plug tube rings and grommets for the bolts. Easy 1.5 hour job. Spark plug tubes on front cylinders on both banks had a lot of oil and some oil was also seeping from the valve cover onto the exhaust manifold.

Unfortunately, this hasn't fixed the P0171 code I have been getting for a little while. So far I have tried the following:
0) Replaced gas cap with new Toyota OEM
1) Replace MAF with new Toyota OEM
2) Replace PCV, grommet and tube with new Toyota OEM
3) Replaced all spark plugs with Denso
4) Replaced all coils with new YEC Flamma IGC107F
5) Checked all vacuum lines to be in good shape
6) Sprayed intake cleaner around the intake pipe and all lines to see if it would change the RPM (it didn't)

I can see the O2 sensors have probably never been replaced to that would be my next step to check on. Oh, and I should probably hookup the Techstream to see what going on!

The FelPro gaskets I bought from the local Orielly's for this job are not leaking at the back of the engine :bang:
Ordered new parts from the local Toyota dealer - looks like I will be tackling this again this weekend!

I’m getting ready to install some 1” Bora spacers myself. Any trimming of the lugs necessary?

No, the OEM studs do extend beyond the spacer by a hair, but the mounting surface of the OEM wheels have a small valley that the studs line up with so trimming wasn't necessary. It may be hard to visualize, but you'll see what I mean when you're installing.

No, the OEM studs do extend beyond the spacer by a hair, but the mounting surface of the OEM wheels have a small valley that the studs line up with so trimming wasn't necessary. It may be hard to visualize, but you'll see what I mean when you're installing.

I appreciate the insight!
Sure brings the vehicle to a more natural looking stance!

After years of horrible headlights, I installed CAROVER LEDs in hi and low beams on my 02. Difference is night and day. (Unavoidable) You install plugnplay but rotate the ring so the led reflects off the left and right sides of the housing. Lock the hex nuts then adjust your vertical and horizontal beam. No one flashes their brights at me despite the additional brightness. Three hours of night driving and I never needed my bright beam or my LED D2 fog lamps. Huge improvement. Lights even have a horizontal cutoff like a projector beam—astonishing. (2 months tested)
Nice ... do you have pics of the before & after by any chance

I need to replace the ebrake as well as the cable for it. Do you have the part numbers by chance? Also, did you follow a write up to do this?
is the cable broken? If not, it can probably just be tightened. No part numbers, O'Reilly had a kit. i didn't care to go OEM on this because the new ones I put in will last 30+ years. It was only because i had some rusted out pieces from a salt incident!

I used the official manual you can find on these forums. There is a section on removing the brakes. GL!

is the cable broken? If not, it can probably just be tightened. No part numbers, O'Reilly had a kit. i didn't care to go OEM on this because the new ones I put in will last 30+ years. It was only because i had some rusted out pieces from a salt incident!

I used the official manual you can find on these forums. There is a section on removing the brakes. GL!
The cable is broke. Would O'Riley or somewhere similar have a kit with the cable and everything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom