What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (48 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Very nice! That's pretty much exactly what I have in mind for my black '01. Are you running a lift?
Thanks! I'm running the ARB OME Medium Load Kit.

Finally wired up my winch and spooled the line. It’s not under the recommended tension (they call for 1000#s of tension) but I can do that in a parking lot or at work. Glad to finally bring this functionality to my LX.

3FCF93F6-8E89-437E-B81E-ABE1BC86099A.jpeg

Got my Blackstone Oil Analysis back, not too shabby for 500K. Then drove the Forest Roads between West Virginia/Virginia back home home from a work Christmas party.
IMG-3774.jpg

IMG-3772.jpg

Attachments

• 99 LANDCRUISER-191121.pdf
    17.4 KB · Views: 108
that's smart where did you get snaps, how did you install?

I used this tool 15$: (100 Complete Sets Black Snaps Plastic Snaps Hand-held Pliers Tool Installs Size 20, 22, 24 T5 No-Sew Button Snap Fastener Press Attacher Punch for Snaps Amazon product ASIN B07FSTD5N4)

I had from a recent DIY project, and you just clamp the snaps in, I also use the tool for camping gear accessories and other Nuisance fixers.

Finally wired up my winch and spooled the line. It’s not under the recommended tension (they call for 1000#s of tension) but I can do that in a parking lot or at work. Glad to finally bring this functionality to my LX.

View attachment 2157265

That's new 3rd Gen XRC Smittybilt? Been eyeing that one. LOTS of really nice features they added in that package.

Ive been lurking on this site for over a year, but havent posted. The information on this site is pretty invaluable, and if not for the rust on my East Coast landbeast I would be able to replace the parts myself ( for the most part). Alas, I am not the original owner, and the rust was worse than I thought it would be prior to purchase. Ive made mistakes...Thankfully I have a great local Land Cruiser shop (Land Cruiser Heaven). I have a 1999 rear locker Cruiser with as of today 200k miles, and have put in alot of work from suggestions mentioned on this board and general necessity (mostly wear and tear/rust).

1. Heater Hose T ( old )
2. Fuel Line replacement ( rust )
3. All Breaks / Rotors / Calipers
4. Dobinsons 2" Heavy Suspension kit
5. Lift Differential kit
6. Rear Upper and Lower Control arms
7. Strong Arm 4361 Hoot Struts
8. Fuel Tank ( fuel leaking on ground from rust )
9. Fuel Tank Skid Plate ( rust )
10. Front Sway bar link assembly ( broken links OEM)
11. Front left and right wheel bearing replacement ( massive play OEM)
12. Parking Brake Shoes (completely missing OEM)
13. Leatherique on all interior
14. New Fog light assembly
15. ABS sensors
16. Mass Airflow sensor
17. Oxygen sensor replaced ( 1/2 as I could not get the second off. Code cleared after replaced the first one though)
18. Fuel Filter

IMG_7974.jpg

Im not building this to be an offroad rig as I am not sure the frame could handle it. Its an East Coast land beast after all. Though I do take it out into the country for camping. There are a few things that I know I have to do in the coming year and Im not entirely sure of which parts or which order of operations would be best. Perhaps you all could help with that. There are other things that I would like to do, but its of utilitarian/cosmetic importance and not vital to the life of the truck.

1. Front left and right Valve Covers are leaking. What can i expect to have to replace here?
2. Full spark plug replacement. Feel like I shouldnt do this until after i resolve the valve cover leak?
3. Front left and right upper and lower control arms are looking rough. Best aftermarket replacement? (not OEM)
4. Mirror defrosters wont work. The fuse isnt blown. But it doesnt turn on. Im guessing the wire rusted through somewhere, but dont know where to trace.
5. The wires to the backup lights fell onto the exhaust due to the mount holding them up breaking. Probably requires cutting/splicing.
6. Rear Sway Bar mount is busted and requires a fabricator to weld a new plate on. Is this worth it? Or should I just go ahead and remove the rear sway bar?

Cosmetic Upgrades:
1. Roof Rack ( leaning towards Gamiviti Expo + w/ light rack assembly)
2. BFG 285 K02

Cheers

Last edited:
Ive been lurking on this site for over a year, but havent posted. The information on this site is pretty invaluable, and if not for the rust on my East Coast landbeast I would be able to replace the parts myself ( for the most part). Alas, I am not the original owner, and the rust was worse than I thought it would be prior to purchase. Ive made mistakes...Thankfully I have a great local Land Cruiser shop (Land Cruiser Heaven). I have a 1999 rear locker Cruiser with as of today 200k miles, and have put in alot of work from suggestions mentioned on this board and general necessity (mostly wear and tear/rust).

1. Heater Hose T ( old )
2. Fuel Line replacement ( rust )
3. All Breaks / Rotors / Calipers
4. Dobinsons 2" Heavy Suspension kit
5. Lift Differential kit
6. Rear Upper and Lower Control arms
7. Strong Arm 4361 Hoot Struts
8. Fuel Tank ( fuel leaking on ground from rust )
9. Fuel Tank Skid Plate ( rust )
10. Front Sway bar link assembly ( broken links OEM)
11. Front left and right wheel bearing replacement ( massive play OEM)
12. Parking Brake Shoes (completely missing OEM)
13. Leatherique on all interior
14. New Fog light assembly
15. ABS sensors
16. Mass Airflow sensor
17. Oxygen sensor replaced ( 1/2 as I could not get the second off. Code cleared after replaced the first one though)
18. Fuel Filter

View attachment 2158026

Im not building this to be an offroad rig as I am not sure the frame could handle it. Its an East Coast land beast after all. Though I do take it out into the country for camping. There are a few things that I know I have to do in the coming year and Im not entirely sure of which parts or which order of operations would be best. Perhaps you all could help with that. There are other things that I would like to do, but its of utilitarian/cosmetic importance and not vital to the life of the truck.

1. Front left and right Valve Covers are leaking. What can i expect to have to replace here?
2. Full spark plug replacement. Feel like I shouldnt do this until after i resolve the valve cover leak?
3. Front left and right upper and lower control arms are looking rough. Best aftermarket replacement? (not OEM)
4. Mirror defrosters wont work. The fuse isnt blown. But it doesnt turn on. Im guessing the wire rusted through somewhere, but dont know where to trace.
5. The wires to the backup lights fell onto the exhaust due to the mount holding them up breaking. Probably requires cutting/splicing.
6. Rear Sway Bar mount is busted and requires a fabricator to weld a new plate on. Is this worth it? Or should I just go ahead and remove the rear sway bar?

Cosmetic Upgrades:
1. Roof Rack ( leaning towards Gamiviti Expo + w/ light rack assembly)
2. BFG 285 K02

Cheers
Welcome to forum. Your 100 looks nice! Can you post some pics of the undercarriage for us to assess the rust damage?

Welcome to forum. Your 100 looks nice! Can you post some pics of the undercarriage for us to assess the rust damage?

Thanks! IMO and my mechanics opinion, the frame is good. Thats a relief. However, the rest could go. Ive replaced a good bit already. Here was the fuel tank once removed.

IMG_7977.jpg

Im looking more for longevity than anything else. The truck runs great. The valve cover leak is an issue, that will need addressed this year though.

Tried cleaning off the mud... again. This is a week after 30+ mins at the car wash. It wont go away.

A fellow 100 owner (although not on mud yet) who bought some tires from me recommended it. Put a sprinkler under the truck and moved it around for about an hour. Worked great!

j1I9QFD.jpg

Tried cleaning off the mud... again. This is a week after 30+ mins at the car wash. It wont go away.

A fellow 100 owner (although not on mud yet) who bought some tires from me recommended it. Put a sprinkler under the truck and moved it around for about an hour. Worked great!

j1I9QFD.jpg

The one that I have seen is if you have a pressure washer, get one of the "concrete cleaner" attachments (looks like a big disc) and mount it upside down on a roller caddy (like for furniture) and then run that under the truck. Supposedly works awesome.

I had some parts left over from a previous DIY awning project, so I decided to turn them into a quick and dirty rear attic.

using:
- 3/4" EMT (18", 18", & 48") and
- (4) four conduit hangers
- cargo net
- zip ties

I removed the handles, added a few stacking washers, and installed the conduit hangers. connected my conduit and painted it black. screwed in the mounts that came with the cargo net and zip tied some loose spots.

I chopped the ends of the conduit to be 45 deg and welded them up, but this can easily be one with 3/4" EMT corner pulls.
Total cost for me was $12, but all in all, you can do this for $6 conduit, $5 in hangers, $12 for the cargo net, and optional ($8 for the corners)

I'm pretty happy with the end result! I even smooshed a moving blanket in there to get an idea of the sag when it's stacked. I plan on mounting a couple cheap LEDs to the bracket for some much needed cargo lighting.

IMG_20191214_144441.jpg

I had some parts left over from a previous DIY awning project, so I decided to turn them into a quick and dirty rear attic.

using:
- 3/4" EMT (18", 18", & 48") and
- (4) four conduit hangers
- cargo net
- zip ties

I removed the handles, added a few stacking washers, and installed the conduit hangers. connected my conduit and painted it black. screwed in the mounts that came with the cargo net and zip tied some loose spots.

I chopped the ends of the conduit to be 45 deg and welded them up, but this can easily be one with 3/4" EMT corner pulls.
Total cost for me was $12, but all in all, you can do this for $6 conduit, $5 in hangers, $12 for the cargo net, and optional ($8 for the corners)

I'm pretty happy with the end result! I even smooshed a moving blanket in there to get an idea of the sag when it's stacked. I plan on mounting a couple cheap LEDs to the bracket for some much needed cargo lighting.

View attachment 2158338
How are those drawers? They seem reasonably priced iirc.

Prep for Prinsu rack, removed Baja. Let's see how much I reduce my height

IMG_20191214_112320.jpg

IMG_20191214_111910.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom