What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (34 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wife/kids got tired of squealing mouse under the pax seat.
20191218_212445.jpg

How is it holding up in person? I don't mean to sound rude, but it looks like it's faded back to match what mine looks like in the pictures. I'd been considering doing it as well.
Don’t worry about it man no biggie that guy who I had it painted is a con. Poor job. Yeah it’s kind of faded. I will have repainted again this summer.

Took a ~180 mile road trip, with my son, in my 06 LX, to cut a deal on a rough 99 LX with ~250k miles.

Part 1 of the motivation was that I put my vehicle in the shop last week, and hated driving the shiny new loaner vehicle.

Part 2 of the motivation was my son’s not old enough to rent a car when we put his car in the shop.

Part 3 was I love the 100 series platform, and at that price “N+1” has to be a good thing. Worst case, call it a running/driving parts car.

This means that we will now have three 100 series in the driveway, and only 2 driving adults in the household. At what point do I need to start looking for a LC/LX 12 step program?

1576874118293.png

Last edited:
Installed the Nitro Upper Control Arms with uniball ball joints. The 21 year factory ones that came out weren't too bad and the ball joints are only 6 months old - so probably didn't need the upgrade, oh well!

Left the truck at the local Toy dealer for alignment only to get a call from service rep claiming that they can't align my truck because it has aftermarket parts and they don't know how to align them :rolleyes:
When I explained to the rep that it should all align to the factory specs with the same camber bolts etc, they said they would charge $250 for alignment instead of usual $109!! I politely insisted that this is no different that any other alignment and finally got them to do for regular price. Asked them to max out the caster on from wheels. Here's what the new numbers look like.

What do you think?

20191218_180709 (2).jpg

@OEMGUY0720 what is the picture with the measuring tape? Is that the AHC mod?

@OEMGUY0720 what is the picture with the measuring tape? Is that the AHC mod?
Yessir you got that right. That part is the heim joint found in the front end suspension attached on the height sensor. Shorter length creates lift, longer length yields lower stance.

I like to be pro-active and do maintenance before needed. Changed out the rear pads.
They were good for at least another 23 miles . . . :rolleyes:
IMG_3258.jpg

I pushed them a few weeks waiting for my Bora spacers (BF special). Spacers installed (rear) too. Inside pads wore more than outside, 2mm on the outside might be paper thin on the inside. I didn't catch these because I check the fronts, and assumed rears wear slower. The fronts are next (still have 4-5mm, they were replaced same time as rears).

Got great mileage out of the Akebono pads - soft on the (new) disks too. Replacing w/ akebono for the front and some wagner (rockauto closeouts) on the rear.
-- Kevin.

IMG_3244.jpg

Installed the Nitro Upper Control Arms with uniball ball joints. The 21 year factory ones that came out weren't too bad and the ball joints are only 6 months old - so probably didn't need the upgrade, oh well!

Left the truck at the local Toy dealer for alignment only to get a call from service rep claiming that they can't align my truck because it has aftermarket parts and they don't know how to align them :rolleyes:
When I explained to the rep that it should all align to the factory specs with the same camber bolts etc, they said they would charge $250 for alignment instead of usual $109!! I politely insisted that this is no different that any other alignment and finally got them to do for regular price. Asked them to max out the caster on from wheels. Here's what the new numbers look like.

What do you think?

View attachment 2160769

Someone's been on a spree lately. I bet she's riding really well.

Someone's been on a spree lately. I bet she's riding really well.
So I notice that it is much more responsive to the steering input and there is a lot.less wandering at highway speeds.
Now if only I could figure out the cold air issue in passenger foot well, I'd be ready for a road trip

So I notice that it is much more responsive to the steering input and there is a lot.less wandering at highway speeds.
Now if only I could figure out the cold air issue in passenger foot well, I'd be ready for a road trip

All you need is boots :flipoff2:

MDC557-816-Canadian-Anthracite_BIG.jpg

Are those headlight sprayers? Did you add them, or is your LX from a market where that was offered?
Yes that’s right those are headlight washers/sprayers. I retro fitted them myself. Some LXs in Canada / Middle East / South American countries have them factory installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom