What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (24 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok back to aircon cleaning, here are some additional photos.
049F6CB2-1B37-4247-9AC0-B38BABB6B9D2.jpeg

After emptying the whole can, closed it off using the cap included in the kit. Waited for 5 mins for the FC to do its work on the evaporator.
DA02F5CE-EE5B-4546-8314-B82575C0CD05.jpeg

Cranked the truck, turned on aircon full blast fan, lowest temp and vents on for 5mins.
5367DA17-2D56-4112-87B9-9A08250A28C8.jpeg

The truck really smells fresh now. The evaporator drain also expelled a good amount of dirty liquid (was not able to take a picture of it). Highly recommend esp for those who have pets (accumulated fur and dirt) and for the kids who can get allergies. Will be doing this again in 6 months or so,.

I finally managed to have the time, as well as the space, to get some deep cleaning done on the LX. After 2.5 years of ownership, it was time to try and remove the previous two owners stains! Between steam cleaning, shampooing, and extracting, I was able to get most of them out! Apart from the passenger side, as that was hit the hardest. Also, while I had the Interior out of the way, I fixed the pesky Evaporator housing condensation drip, by replacing the warn out gasket. Lastly, I moved on to the exterior, where I was able to wash, clay bar, polish, seal, and wax! Lots of work overall, but well worth the results!

View media item 85554
View media item 85564
View media item 85555
View media item 85563
View media item 85557
View media item 85561
View media item 85558
View media item 85560
View media item 85559
View media item 85567
View media item 85565
View media item 85566
View media item 85568

POR15? How long did it take you?
About 4 hours to just do the rear half of the frame.
This was a multi step process:
1) Wire wheel the rust and flakes off
2) Wipe off debris and then use brake cleaner to prep the surface (compressed air would have been better here)
3) Prime all surfaces with Rust-Oleum Rust Reformed
4) After 24 hours, paint with Metallic Enamel

I finally managed to have the time, as well as the space, to get some deep cleaning done on the LX. After 2.5 years of ownership, it was time to try and remove the previous two owners stains! Between steam cleaning, shampooing, and extracting, I was able to get most of them out! Apart from the passenger side, as that was hit the hardest. Also, while I had the Interior out of the way, I fixed the pesky Evaporator housing condensation drip, by replacing the warn out gasket. Lastly, I moved on to the exterior, where I was able to wash, clay bar, polish, seal, and wax! Lots of work overall, but well worth the results!

View media item 85568

Are these oem fender flares? The don't look as thick for some reason.

20190823_153303.jpg

Rolled the swing-outs out of storage to blow the cobwebs off. Loading up for a 3 week trip. Driving up to Columbus to see a friend for a couple of days then down to West Virginia to start the Southeast Adventure Trail. I'll be following as much as possible all the way back to Florida.

Pretty nice little dolly you made up to hold them in storage.
Thanks. It realy does work out well since my garage is packed to the gills! Every square inch is valuable and it allows me to store them in a very compact space. Plus, I can easily move them around when I need to get to something else!

Another small job today which has been needed for a long time - front speaker replacement. The driver's door speaker was buzzing and I just recently realized that the passenger front door wasn't working at all. Quick job and it sounds really good. Of course it's a bit relative since the old speakers sounded so bad. After replacing door lock motors so many times, I can get the door panel completely off in about 2 minutes.

Infinity speakers

20190823_132814.jpg

20190823_142541.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom