What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (17 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got my Tundra steelies fitted :cool:

14sp9h2.jpg

Nice! Interested to know your caster and lift specs.

Today, I greased all my door hinges. Doors swing significantly easier now.

I am so pleased. I was walking back to my cruiser today and saw a black tube hanging down. I was mildly concerned. So when I got to my clean driveway, I crawled underneath and discovered that the air hose for the air bags had been melted by the exhaust. I thought the bag had popped, but the system now holds air after I spliced the tubing. wooo hooo

balance156 Happen to have any sound clips of the exhaust?

@Ramathorn15 fire extinguisher mount! Love it. Selling my wit's end, sticks too far for my taste.

IMG_20190628_182009.jpg

IMG_20190628_182024.jpg

Front drivers brake line burst while driving. Luckily I was close to my parents house. Went and bought a replacement from autozone and bent it up. Ugly but works.

Andrew at Icon made some 2.5 non-remote reservoir for the rear on Moby Dick. It’s a long wait but I just installed them this week. Provides more lateral stability
B2545F2D-387D-4AD8-87A5-9A5FFB96E8D6.jpeg

Found a parking garage that was just a little too short. Crunched my rack a bit under a low spot. Oops. Luckily no real damage other than a gouge.

Might just go to one of those high school kids car wash fund raiser thing, might get swirls but at least the bugs will be off.

Nice! Interested to know your caster and lift specs.

Today, I greased all my door hinges. Doors swing significantly easier now.

What did you use @hoser?

The "oil" (WD-40) approach just doesn't last very long, especially through the winters around here.

Gees how long is that kayak? I'm a noob and wants to get into it, i got a Pelican Trailblazer 100, it's a 10 footer, doesn't really track that straight.

It's almost 17'. It's a sea kayak, has dry storage fore and aft of the cockpit. I haven't done a trip out of it since 2006, so it def required some creative packing, meals, etc.

Get a longer, narrower kayak if tracking straighter and going faster with less effort is important to you. :)

It's almost 17'. It's a sea kayak, has dry storage fore and aft of the cockpit. I haven't done a trip out of it since 2006, so it def required some creative packing, meals, etc.

Get a longer, narrower kayak if tracking straighter and going faster with less effort is important to you. :)

So i've heard, but where I live i have to park the car like some distance away from the drop in point, not sure if i can carry the 17 footer on my shoulder like i can with the 10' now lol

About a month ago I installed the KISS drawer system. I’m really impressed with the fit and quality. Also, customer service from the guys at LandShark is top notch. I wish they were a little more sturdy. Seems like they “wobble” around a bit. Thinking about putting a rubber “grommet” around the edges... might help.
E0CD0D2F-7C1D-45BC-8A69-94202F69DE75.jpeg
C7A0769C-FA59-4154-9B4F-3725EAC25927.jpeg

This past week I decided to the front wheel bearings and all that jazz. Ended up replacing them and the lower ball joints. Ordered the kit and a ball joint from the guys at Cruiser Outfitters. Another great company with excellent customer service.
FYI, AutoZone has 555 ball joints, now I’m not sure if these are OEM but they are the same ones that Kurt has and they’re made in Japan. Seem to be excellent quality.
027945FA-03E7-4E6C-9C0E-309F5EE16FEF.jpeg
624F134C-A2F0-4C45-A9F9-77067FFE69DC.jpeg
7ABF592C-F37B-41B9-BB18-3ACA18E91DE8.jpeg

Replaced my GROM Aux input with a BT-3. Pro tip: anyone upgrading between GROM units, the cables are the same so I didn’t have to pull the head unit, just unplugged the AUX Zane plugged in the BT-3. Really convenient.
6895AC07-B380-4000-B118-72C0B1EEAC15.jpeg

Also swapped out my interior lights with LEDs. Spent a whopping $14 for them on Amazon.
1AED5471-6BBC-43C2-87A6-760A84EB06D3.jpeg

Changed my front swaybar-bushings. The old ones were properly knackered... Installe Whiteline self-lubricating bushings. Hopefully they will work great.

And while I was under the car, I deleted the flux-capacitor. Interesting to see if I can feel the difference...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom