What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (38 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How did you remove the CD player?
it was easy. First you pop off the panel around the transmission shifter, unplug the connectors for the AHC, seat heaters, and PWR/ETC buttons. Then pop off the back of the console by removing the two screws at the top of the cupholder cubby. Finally, there are a few hard to access screws along the side of the transmission tunnel and lastly, two 10MM bolts at the bottom of the console.

This gives you a chance to unbolt the CD changer from the metal bracket it sits on and use that space creatively for additional storage or a place for a 2MM or CB radio. The trick is that there is no compartment keeping items from falling down to the bottom of the console and getting lost in the metal bracket. You could either fab something up or adapt a rectangular pocket to work. The magazine rack I used was almost perfectly sized and allowed me to have a place for communications gear. Once everything is removed, easy to run cables for antennas and power.

I can also confirm that unplugging the non functioning CD changer from the wiring harness did not screw up my use of the stereo. Currently running a BT-45 Toy bluetooth adapter from my iphone through the CD button and unplugging the changer did not ruin the function. I think the BT-45 plugs displace the old plugs from the changer into the back of the head unit.

Thanks,

Todd

Last edited:
Rotated the tires.

I'd put it off since an oil change last weekend. It's a PITA when your floor jack is juuuuuust tall enough to get tires off the ground, but not quite enough to clear a set of stands without help.

Then I tried out a new short gun for my pressure washer and did the undercarriage. You'd never guess it's seen GA clay..

Replaced rear upper control arms, bolts, washers and nuts on the new to me 100. What a PITA to do without a car lift, lying on my back under the car. A mechanic, who I first took the truck to told me the bushes were shot in the old ones, but they came out pretty good IMO. The lower arms on the other hand.. not looking so good (bent).

So I’m a bit disappointed that I’ve spent the money on the wrong parts, but whatever, these will at least outlive the car now.

17EA6B73-CE22-4BCE-8024-67930C186B94.jpeg

New axles!
IMG_20190626_200816652.jpg

@Onur thought it good idea to keep one for a spare in case I demolished one on trail.💃

IMG_20190626_200641285.jpg

New steering rack and tie rod ends at end of summer.

Slowly replacing every part on this truck...

1. Disconnected faulty Mark Levinson amp (thank God)
2. 285/75/16 Cooper ST Maxx’s
3. SCS Matte Gunmetal F5’s
3. Muffler delete (perfection)
4. Air filter clean

Will figure out how to post pics soon.

Got rid of the ahc and got my lift in.

Got radflo shocks
Nitrogear arms
Ome torsion bars
Ome medium springs
Diff drop

I have to say to the naysayers that suggest the ride is far too stiff after ahc: it really is a ton better feeling. Yes stiff but feels stable and no bottoming out etc.

received_424425595078865.jpeg

What bracket is that on your fuse block?

It is the Overland Equipped tray for the Tacoma or Forerunner, can’t remember which. It doesn’t really fit because of some fuel lines and I was going to return it until I noticed my greasy hands stained it up too much to return it. Someone else got it to fit better, and I may try when I have more time.

Wanted to put the new stainless zorst and headers on the LX but the 105 instead is getting a new HX30 turbo and dyno tune done to her.
The blasted 2UZ mainfold tick will just have to wait another week to get the makeover and a nice growl to go with it

Capture.PNG

I finally replaced the long long overdue steering rack yesterday. After more than two years of leaking it was a nasty mess. There was no resistance in the steering wheel and was probably very unsafe to be driving. The steering wheel could be turned with almost no effort and would not return to center. Now it is like driving a comlpetely different vehicle. Wish I would have done it sooner.
big job?

Looks so sick! How did have you attached your awning to the bars? The one thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on Rhino has been the plug and play adaptability of the Front Runner bars.
I have the Rhino Rack 2500 Sunseeker Awning and it came with brackets to fit the cross bars.
They also sell brackets for other brands like ARB.

29461638-DF60-4B1D-BB22-6C1B0D39798C.jpeg

Brownish in color and thick viscosity - this is the old/used AHC fluid I got from extracting it from the reservoir and bleeding the fittings on the globes and accumulator (got 3 liters of this).

BB2FE829-5FE0-41E1-89DB-27266EBFB463.png

Pink in color, water-like viscosity, very transparent. Fresh AHC fluid getting poured in its reservoir. Used up 2 liters already, to be continued tomorrow when the last bottle comes in. Took out 3 liters so it is just right to say I have to replace 3 liters also.

Last edited:
Finally got around to flush and fill on the radiator. Also replaced the radiator hoses and clamps. Heater tees and all associated hoses and clamps. I know the breeze clamps are over kill, but I like them and I already had some on hand. I used some new hose clamp pliers to remove the old stuff, still a PITA to get it all off. The heater tees looked like they had been replaced at some point. I felt better doing this job before my weekend long drive and primitive camping trip with my 12 year old son.
2703456D-0E97-400D-9E80-CC8F46708329.png

395F624B-141B-4B61-9CEA-EA30AA623D54.jpeg
3B529FCF-BE70-42F2-ABBE-401B73AD170B.jpeg

B504D1E1-A49D-4E94-94A5-39CAE0664898.jpeg
99A57B66-ADBE-4EDA-916F-F72FA5C0E49A.jpeg

New axles!

@Onur thought it good idea to keep one for a spare in case I demolished one on trail.💃

New steering rack and tie rod ends at end of summer.

Slowly replacing every part on this truck...

I've already done that on mine :grinpimp: It all started with a rogue wave on the beach in NC, salt water is apparently not good for things with bearings :steer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom