What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No more ice :D

MVIMG_20190612_193941.jpg

MVIMG_20190612_193928.jpg

IMG_20190611_224726.jpg

It’s available for all 100 series LXstatic 😊 I’ll be posting up a thread soon... if there’s enough interest I could do something for mud guys 😊
View attachment 2002623

View attachment 2002624
Super clean. Looks "OEM" as far as integration. I like all of my mods to have that if possible. Even on my other cars I like subtle mods that are so clean as to look OEM. Good job.

10-day trip from Columbia, Missouri to Winter Park, Moab and Ouray. Did Picture Frame Arch Trail, Gemini Bridges and or course, Shafer Canyon. Our favorites. We don't get too crazy. This is the first year the 100 has been out there and it did great. Previously, we always took my locked 80. We drove out on our squishy and QUIET Michelin P-rated and then slapped on the 2nd set of rims I have with the beefier MT's. No way I was driving out there on MT's. First photo is at Thelma and Louise Point where they ramped the car off the cliff. That's Dead Horse Point in the upper-right. Last photo is me swapping on the 2nd set of rims at our cabin the night we arrived in Moab. I decided to pull the rotor while I was there to quiet a rattling parking brake shoe that was driving me nuts.
IMG_1046.JPG
IMG_E0982.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG
IMG_1039.JPG

IMG_0642.JPG

Last edited:
Few more pics. The fairing I made was so nice. No wind noise at all on our huge Smittybilt XL Overlander RTT.
Awesome pics! I really love how you are rocking a smittybilt XL on stock rack. $1000 you save on the rack pretty much pay for the RTT!

Awesome pics! I really love how you are rocking a smittybilt XL on stock rack. $1000 you save on the rack pretty much pay for the RTT!

The RTT does have a Unistrut base under it that I built but I determined from MUD that the stock roof rack was enough to support everything weight-wise. We banged the heck out of it side-to-side on the trails and it didn't budge. I used Nord-Lock washers.

10-day trip from Columbia, Missouri to Winter Park, Moab and Ouray. Did Picture Frame Arch Trail, Gemini Bridges and or course, Shafer Canyon. Our favorites. We don't get too crazy. This is the first year the 100 has been out there and it did great. Previously, we always took my locked 80. We drove out on our squishy and QUIET Michelin P-rated and then slapped on the 2nd set of rims I have with the beefier MT's. No way I was driving out there on MT's. First photo is at Thelma and Louise Point where they ramped the car off the cliff. That's Dead Horse Point in the upper-right. Last photo is me swapping on the 2nd set of rims at our cabin the night we arrived in Moab. I decided to pull the rotor while I was there to quiet a rattling parking brake shoe that was driving me nuts.
View attachment 2002787View attachment 2002788
View attachment 2002785View attachment 2002786
View attachment 2002789

You took a 2nd wheel/tire combo set with you on this trip in the 100? Where did you stow them? I've always considered running my 18" wheels as a DD setup with something more road oriented and have a set of OEM 16" wheels with more aggressive AT tires like my KO2.

Sure did. My other option was to stick them on my rear receiver-hitch carrier but I liked the security of them being locked inside. They fit back there perfectly. Strapped them down vertically and horizontally. Also, had a floor jack, jack stands, tool box and about 140 lbs of other camping gear for the trip. She was weighed down but didn't squat too bad. I have air bags but didn't need them, honestly. The pics below are before we topped off the storage area with any of our luggage, food, cooler, dog, etc. Ha. The last photo shows the 18" Tundra TRD wheels and Michelin AT2 P-metric she normally wears. They are fantastic. I have the same combo on my '16 TRD Tundra.

Image_1 2019-06-14_12-53-45.jpeg

Image_2 2019-06-14_12-57-46.jpeg
Image_1 2019-06-14_12-57-46.jpeg

IMG_0906.JPG

IMG_7126.JPG

Last edited:
IMO this rack has a very classic appearance. The 5 mounting feet give a resemblance to the gutter style mounting we all love of the 60 & 80 series.

And that stealth little fairing up front is pretty cool too.

Drive it for a few days and report back. Noise, handling, sunroof, etc. Please Tag me when you do.

Having a couple of weeks and a ~900 mile trip through Jackson/Yellowstone AND installing my ARB roof tent I will sum up my experience @bozncsurf

I got the 2M K9 Rack. If the 2.2M was available I would suggest that but the 2M still fits and looks very good. There is not really any extra wind noise noticed when the cover for the sunroof is closed. If the shade on the sunroof is pulled back you can hear more noise. I have not driven with the actual sun roof open.

I was really surprised how easy the roof tent install went on. I used these Eezi-Awn branded quick mounts that make it really quick and so much easier to get the tent mounted. They were about $30 from Equipt. They used all the stock hardware from the ARB tent. I expected a significant increase in noise with the tent but I am pleased to say it wasn't really any more noticeable than before. I thought that I would also "feel" the increased weight of what was going on up top but that was not the case. The truck is rock steady at highway speeds up to 80 MPH. Fuel mileage is still abysmal but I don't feel like this made it any worse. Before mounting the tent I stood on top of the rack and walked around. It is solid. Really pleased, give Paul @ Equipt a call. He can get you set up with everything you would need and want.

aKTzs7zh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom