What have you done to your 100 Series this week? (46 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally. I’m a little annoyed that I got the 2863 springs and lost an inch in the back from just the bumper. Nothing else. Might need to upgrade my brand new springs. View attachment 1989767
Were the springs supposed to be progressive, or a set lbs/ inch? Mine are stock, and did not drop that much with 200lbs hanging off a hitch basket, and 5 kids inside. Though I have AHC so maybe it levelled for me...

I heard green is the color of genius.

But you didn't pick it, did you Focker? 😋
The lights look really good. I think it helps to modernize the back end a lot.

Replaced my thermostat tonight. Took about twenty minutes including fishing the thermostat from above my skid plate when it fell out of the housing. Didn't remove anything, just the front of the housing. Hopefully it'll help the elevated temps I saw today.

Ordered a new 2UZFE- 2.5-3" stainless steel exhaust from 'Factory Direct 4x4 exhausts' amazing service and price. $1750 full system with extractors, gaskets and bolts includes the delivery from Queensland to Western Aus! Super happy with that. Get rid of those crap factory manifolds and whack some new 02 sensors on while I'm at it.

Link below if anyone wants a nosey :)

If ride height (or just stance) is important, would 1" spring spacers solve your problem and still give you the ride quality you wanted with your current spring spec? My $.02

Its very possible it will. I"m not quite ready to redo all of this work yet so I'll just have to live with it. It rides like a dream though, so not sure if I will actually do anything.

New infinity component speakers in the front doors. I was impressed with the plastic enclosure of the stock LX speakers. I did just a little bit of cutting / modification to make the new larger component woofer fit. The stock speakers sounded pretty decent for being 20 years old, but the new ones sound amazing! I am taking advantage of late night garage work while the wife is out of town.

4E951075-EAED-46A6-8207-0D08D5B49EA7.jpeg

ABBE60AA-DA0C-43F9-BE53-D0DE492A6BEC.jpeg

8CB9C3BC-A195-451B-AC31-BB95868CCA4F.jpeg

CD349A8E-CAB4-4A98-BADB-C4A877931594.jpeg

Last edited:
I got my roof rack on this week. The folks at Equipt are local and as they don't have to ship the racks they offer free install which I was happy to take them up on. Just waiting on my tent to arrive and I will get it bolted up. Great looking rack system, really looking forward to seeing how it performs

Eezi-Awn K9 rack:
eUtsGPSh.jpg

i06Udhkh.jpg

Replaced the last of the vacuum hoses in my engine. Also replacement the evaporator seal, since I was getting a couple drips.

I drove around a bit after resealing and even in the super humid air, there were more leaks or drips.

The old seal was pretty worn out in the middle. New seal was only a couple a buck from my local Toyota dealer.

That door was a bear to get over the evap and out of there. Mostly had to flex the trim under the glove box and the bracket bolted to it on the left.

I was surprised the evap was so clean. I already vacuumed it out when I changed my cabin filters, so I just blew and wiped out the little debris that was left.

IMG_20190530_180024.jpg

IMG_20190530_180013.jpg

IMG_20190530_180836.jpg

I got my roof rack on this week. The folks at Equipt are local and as they don't have to ship the racks they offer free install which I was happy to take them up on. Just waiting on my tent to arrive and I will get it bolted up. Great looking rack system, really looking forward to seeing how it performs

Eezi-Awn K9 rack:
eUtsGPSh.jpg

i06Udhkh.jpg
IMO this rack has a very classic appearance. The 5 mounting feet give a resemblance to the gutter style mounting we all love of the 60 & 80 series.

And that stealth little fairing up front is pretty cool too.

Drive it for a few days and report back. Noise, handling, sunroof, etc. Please Tag me when you do.

A little wheeling at Sand Hollow SP. Anyone want a first hand experience??? The Winter 4x4 Jamboree is held here in January and is the largest winter 4x4 event in the USA and I would love to get some more Toyotas out here. I was thinking of maybe an all Toyota trail ride with a few extras thrown in. PM me and let me know.

20190526_104752.jpg

A little wheeling at Sand Hollow SP. Anyone want a first hand experience??? The Winter 4x4 Jamboree is held here in January and is the largest winter 4x4 event in the USA and I would love to get some more Toyotas out here. I was thinking of maybe an all Toyota trail ride with a few extras thrown in. PM me and let me know.

View attachment 1990683

I’m down!

Dat truck's criminally clean! Take her out to get dirty asap :hillbilly:
I was going to say the opposite. Looks like it needs a good wash underneath and has a big ass fluid leak. Instead of wasting time painting that ugly hunk of metal haha.

View attachment 1990683
I’m in!

I finally replaced the long long overdue steering rack yesterday. After more than two years of leaking it was a nasty mess. There was no resistance in the steering wheel and was probably very unsafe to be driving. The steering wheel could be turned with almost no effort and would not return to center. Now it is like driving a comlpetely different vehicle. Wish I would have done it sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom